Article: Arthur Abraham: “On March 1, I’m getting back my title belt”

1. Arthur Abraham: “On March 1, I’m getting back my title belt”

6 Comments by Boxing Asylum Published on 01-29-2014 03:46 AM
    WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz and mandatory challenger Arthur Abraham had the kickoff press conference today to announce the third fight in their trilogy on March 1 at the GETEC Arena in Magdeburg, Germany. Both fighters have one win apiece.

Arthur Abraham: “On March 1, I’m getting back my title belt. There’s nothing more to say. The talking is done.”

Robert Stieglitz: “2013 was my year. I got back my “loaned” championship belt and twice successfully defended it. Now I want to successfully defend my title again. I will remain a world champion. I am really happy about being able to write boxing history. Three times against the same opponent in a world title fight – that has never happened before in Germany.” [Editor's note: apparently he forgot about the recent Huck-Afolabi trilogy.]

Promoter Ulf Steinforth: “Robert Stieglitz against Arthur Abraham – that was the ‘Fight of the Year.’ The second fight between the two in 2013 was one of the most moving moments of my life.”

2. Total Comments 6

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Boxing Asylum View Post
    “Robert Stieglitz against Arthur Abraham – that was the ‘Fight of the Year.’ ”

Neither one of these guys is elite and Abe is done. Certainly not getting it up for this fight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyavier View Post

Neither one of these guys is elite and Abe is done. Certainly not getting it up for this fight.
    Has anybody said they were? Or are you still harping on that only elite fighter's should be in fights of the year? ;-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Mixlr to Listen to the BA Podcast Live -

He's a walking puncher's chance and that's it at this point. Stieglitz is very underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Man View Post
    Has anybody said they were? Or are you still harping on that only elite fighter's should be in fights of the year? ;-)
    No, I never said that, I said a great fight becomes BETTER if it is fought at a high level, ie, Barrera-Morales is much better than Gatti-Ward IMO.

But are you seriously arguing that Abe-Steiglitz 1 was a FOTY candidate?

Abraham UD, Stieglitz TKO, and now Stieglitz UD. Can't see a Abraham TKO or KO.

Can't see it Arthur, think he would need to it early if he's to win.