Article: Burns vs Crawford Confirmed

1. Join Date
    May 2013

Jump to Comments

Burns vs Crawford Confirmed

2 Comments by Kurt Robinson Published on 12-09-2013 08:02 AM
    Ricky Burns makes his anticipated return after breaking his jaw in his last bout with Raymundo Beltran, where he managed to claim a highly disputed draw which meant he retained his WBO title.

Burns will be taking on the highly rated and unbeaten American Terence Crawford. Burns was trying to get a rematch with Beltran but this was ruled out due to the WBO ordering Burns to face his mandatory challenger.

The fight is due to take place in Glasgow, the fight is scheduled for early next year and is thought to be taking place in February.

Hearn tweeted: "Delighted to confirm we have agreed terms for Ricky Burns to face Terence Crawford in Glasgow in February - date confirmed soon."

Burns tweeted: "For everyone asking, I have to fight Crawford first as he's mandatory! Going to be a great fight!!"

2. Total Comments 2

Comments

press conference is expected next week.

REDEMPTION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amateur Fighter
    I didn't fancy Burns's chances against Crawford before the Beltran fight an certainly not now. Great wee fighter Ricky, who has really surpassed expectations after a mixed start to his career but I think Crawford is going places and expect him to win this one.