Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Article: **BA Podcast Episode 59**

1. **BA Podcast Episode 59**

40 Comments by Kurt Ward Published on 12-08-2013 08:29 PM
    We look back at an action packed night of boxing which featured cards from BoxNation, Sky, Showtime and HBO. We discuss where the winners - and losers - go next.

We also preview next weekends actions where Adrien Broner faces off against Marcos Maidana and Keith Thurman goes in against Jesus Soto Karass.

Plus all the latest news in the world of boxing

Download/Listen Here

Subscribe on iTunes Here

2. Total Comments 40

Comments

Tommy has invested in a new mic
    It's Chino time!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

REDEMPTION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CromScott View Post
    Tommy has invested in a new mic
    Too bad he disappeared halfway through the pod

Must have started watching Rounds 1-10 of Trout-Lara

Quote Originally Posted by djt117 View Post
    Too bad he disappeared halfway through the pod

Must have started watching Rounds 1-10 of Trout-Lara
    He must have passed out, think he had a heavy night, can hear loud and clear by my voice that I'm fucked, am off to bed...totally cunted!

REDEMPTION

Title Holder
    I always thought Donny was a Cloner fan :-s

I got a feeling Madaina will break Broners heart, I think it will be like the Ortiz fight.

AB = Anally Busted

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I always thought Donny was a Cloner fan :-s
    If by "fan" you mean I was the only person (besides maybe Kurt) who didn't come across as a blatant, out-and-out Broner "hater" ...

... then yeah, I guess I'm a fan

I get a kick out of everyone who hates the guy so viciously because guess what, people can respect Ward, Rigo, Trout, and Bradley all they want to but guess what ... those guys don't get the ratings and the hype Broner does because they don't talk trash or court attention outside the ring the way Broner does. At 130 and 135, Broner was knocking people out ... but up at 147, I don't think his power has carried up with him.

Digga said once (and I'm paraphrasing but) if you're a Mexican, and you continue to beat top guys, you'll get the people to come out for you because Mexicans like to see Mexicans dominating. BUT ... if you're a Black fighter, there's two routes to being a star:

(1) viciously knock people out (Tyson)
    -- or if you can't do that then --
    (2) talk a lot of shit and be outlandish and make people watch your fights hoping to see you lose (Ali, Floyd)

So if Broner is gonna be a boxer who won't be getting a lot of KOs at 147, then his antics make a lot of economic sense. Ward, Bradley, Trout, Crawford, Rigo, Dawson, etc ... go ahead, say they're classy guys but when you're not a KO monster that the people clamor to see again ASAP, then being classy doesn't get you the big fights or pay the bills.

I fell asleep

Title Holder
    If by "fan" you mean I was the only person (besides maybe Kurt) who didn't come across as a blatant, out-and-out Broner "hater" ...

I get a kick out of everyone who hates the guy so viciously because guess what, people can respect Ward, Rigo, Trout, and Bradley all they want to but guess what ... those guys don't get the ratings and the hype Broner does because they don't talk trash or court attention outside the ring the way Broner does. At 130 and 135, Broner was knocking people out ... but up at 147, I don't think his power has carried up with him.

Digga said once (and I'm paraphrasing but) if you're a Mexican, and you continue to beat top guys, you'll get the people to come out for you because Mexicans like to see Mexicans dominating. BUT ... if you're a Black fighter, there's two routes to being a star:

(2) talk a lot of shit and be outlandish and make people watch your fights hoping to see you lose (Ali, Floyd)

So if Broner is gonna be a boxer who won't be getting a lot of KOs at 147, then his antics make a lot of economic sense. Ward, Bradley, Trout, Crawford, Rigo, Dawson, etc ... go ahead, say they're classy guys but when you're not a KO monster that the people clamor to see again ASAP, then being classy doesn't get you the big fights or pay the bills.
    Broner is part of the legacy of Gorgeous George!

I don't really hate him in the true sense of the word, but like most people when you see such a person who build and hype themselves up so much... you just want to see them fall. I want to see how the handle the humiliation of a loss. It might be harsh but thats a natural reaction to someone who proclaim their own greatness.

I don't see Broner taking over Floyds spot as the p4p no.1, or a talent that is in the same league... But he's Floyd's natural successor as the villain of boxing.

I think the guy has carried his power, he didn't knock out Paulie but you have to realise Paulie has a solid chin, the reason I don't think Broner was able to stop because he didn't throw enough... When Khan fought Paulie he used his jab (which is great when he uses it) and he broke down Paulie for so many rounds with a stiff jab that kept on coming and coming.

I expect him to hurt Madaina at some point, win or lose.

AB = Anally Busted

Agreed! God knows why anyone would hate AIDSrien Broner, he only mugs old ladies, humiliates low income McDonald's workers and behaves like a pure cunt.
    @art_vandelayRFC