PDA

View Full Version : Silva vs. GSP. What's the deal?

BDUB
05-26-2011, 06:23 PM
This fight is supposed to come off sooner or later, no? I'm not hearing anything. One of the few MMA fights I'm interested in. :wave:

Layton
05-26-2011, 06:25 PM
wont be happening anytime soon Gsp wont move up, silva wont move down load of bollocks really

BDUB
05-26-2011, 06:26 PM
It's a good thing boxing's two top fighters are willing to fight eachother. :cop:

Layton
05-26-2011, 07:33 PM
It's a good thing boxing's two top fighters are willing to fight eachother. :cop:

and who would these be ? Floyd and Pac :rofl: things are getting shit with GSP, Silva would be a skeleton at WW where as GSP cuts to get to WW, only one person ducking the fight really

Kenny Powers
05-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Silva said he'd meet GSP halfway and GSP still said no. He's afraid of Silva and everyone knows it. You can actully see fear in his eyes when people ask him about fighting Silva

OKMike
05-27-2011, 12:08 AM

You've obviously never seen GSP and Anderson Silva side by side. It would be like Bernard Hopkins fighting David Haye size wise. I don't care about that fight. I want to see Anderson move up to 205 lbs.

TommyGunn
05-27-2011, 12:18 AM
Anderson would kill GSP but i'm with Mike. He needs to show his greatness at 205 if he ever wants to be considered better than Fedor.

Layton
05-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Silva vs Rampage would be a good start

Elkisland
05-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Silva offered GSP a catchweight fight. GSP keeps saying he'll do it ,then when the opportunity arises he suddenly "Needs time to gain the right weight..."

Honestly GSP wants no part of the bigger Silva. Silva is known to absolutely embarrass opponents and GSP doesn't want his legacy tarnished.

Kenny Powers
05-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Silva offered GSP a catchweight fight. GSP keeps saying he'll do it ,then when the opportunity arises he suddenly "Needs time to gain the right weight..."

Honestly GSP wants no part of the bigger Silva. Silva is known to absolutely embarrass opponents and GSP doesn't want his legacy tarnished.

This guy knows what he's talking about :thumb: thought i was the only one who heard Silva offered to move down lol

lance
05-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Do you really think that it is because GSP is scared? I honestly think that this fight does not make any sense to begin with! If GSP wins this fight, Silva will look silly,if Silva wins this fight, people will believe that the bigger fighter won. The card may be a good draw attendance wise but financially, in the long run, it will be a loss for the UFC. Depending on how the fight results come in, GSP's stock will fall, with a loss, Silva's stock will plummet, with a loss. No one wins this deal!

TommyGunn
05-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah but with huge interest comes new fans

lance
05-28-2011, 11:30 AM
How interested will these new fans be when GSP gets ko'd in 10 seconds? It maybe be the first fight they see, but it could also be their last fight they see!

Elkisland
05-28-2011, 01:27 PM
How interested will these new fans be when GSP gets ko'd in 10 seconds? It maybe be the first fight they see, but it could also be their last fight they see!

GSP doesn't want his legacy ruined. You'd better believe that the UFC wanted this fight to happen. Silva won impressively and GSP didn't so they couldn't make it work.

The really stupid thing is that its more or less the same as when Penn came up to fight GSP. Only difference is that GSP doesn't want to be the smaller guy.

All's well though. Because as you said. Silva would probably KO him in ten seconds.

lance
05-28-2011, 01:53 PM
The UFC may have wanted this fight to happen, before GSP's fight with Jake Shields, but since George did not finish him or his last 3 other opponents, they may have had BIG second thoughts! If George can not finish these guys off, what chance does he have with Silva? At best George could, maybe, avoid and fight to a decision, a decision that he would also lose!I certainly agree with an earlier post, stating Silva should move up in weight! The Light Heavy weight field is weak, Silva would bring excitement to this weight div. This would also allow GSP, after his next fight, also move up in weight! GSP may not be able to beat Silva at a higher weight, but the rest of the middleweights are lacking, GSP might have a shot at contention, with Silva out of there!

C.J Rock
05-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah but with huge interest comes new fansThats a great point

Ziggy
05-28-2011, 10:41 PM
GSP has nothing to lose by taking this fight, so why wouldn't he?

trendhater
05-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Honestly, I don't even want to see this fight. GSP offers less threat standing than Chael. Chael is a bigger, stronger man and a better wrestler. People think GSP can do the same things, but he's not the same level of wrestling. His success in mma wrestling is mostly from athleticism and effective strength. I think he'll lose a half step moving up and won't make up enough strength. He'll get him down no doubt, but not with the same success as Chael.

jakethesnake
05-29-2011, 12:20 AM
GSP has never seen keen, and Anderson is only getting older. I don't think it will happen.

Cleav22
05-29-2011, 12:45 AM
I don't really think the fight will happen either, as it just seems that it doesn't make sense at this point. Would be great to watch, though.

nycbomber
05-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Silva would destroy GSP IMHO. Silva is toying or knocking out his victims in multiple weights, GSP not so much.

tattedntaken
05-29-2011, 01:23 AM
that would be a great fight.... perhaps the fight of the year..

Palm Trees
05-29-2011, 01:44 AM
If this fight happens, I see Anderson Silva winning. Even though, GSP would have a great chance too. St-Piere could wrestle the hell out of Silva and win after 25 minutes.

breuer
05-29-2011, 01:46 AM
the only real test out there for either of em is each other, winner winner chicken dinner

dredg_XIX
05-29-2011, 02:21 AM
I've always been more on the side of Anderson moving up to 205 and actually challenging himself over a fight against GSP...