PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones Expects October Fight Against Rampage Or Machida

Layton
05-26-2011, 06:11 PM
UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones doesn't appear to see Rashad Evans in his distant future and expects a fall return to the Octagon after sitting out since winning the title from "Shogun" Rua in March.

The Champ was on the radio this week and discussed his possible return and his possible opponents when he does get back in the cage:

"I had to postpone my first title defense against Rashad Evans due to some torn tissues in my thumb. My last doctor's appointment they told me I should be able to get back to full out training within the next month. I'm excited about that. I'm expected to compete against Lyoto Machida or Rampage Jackson in maybe October, mid-October."

Source (http://www.mmanews.com/news/89568)

Layton
05-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Maybe he is finally manning up :laughup:

Kenny Powers
05-26-2011, 06:41 PM
BS! Rashad beats Rampage then 'page gets a controversial decision ove Machida and (maybe) a win against Matt Hamill and he deserves a shot?? No way.

or

Machida loses two in a row and beats a 47 year ol Couture and he gets a shot? C'mon, this is nonsense.

Jones ducked Rashad. I hope Rampage loses just to mess up this whole screwjob

Layton
05-26-2011, 06:49 PM
BS! Rashad beats Rampage then 'page gets a controversial decision ove Machida and (maybe) a win against Matt Hamill and he deserves a shot?? No way.

or

Machida loses two in a row and beats a 47 year ol Couture and he gets a shot? C'mon, this is nonsense.

Jones ducked Rashad. I hope Rampage loses just to mess up this whole screwjob

if Rampage hasnt got a good take down defence, or better than he has in the past he'l lose cos Hamill will keep him there and win a decision

Kenny Powers
05-26-2011, 06:51 PM
if Rampage hasnt got a good take down defence, or better than he has in the past he'l lose cos Hamill will keep him there and win a decision

A lot of people ar overlooking Hamill here. He has a great chance in this, if Rashad can get 'page down then i'd guess Hamill can

OKMike
05-27-2011, 01:15 AM

What are you talking about? Rampage has excellent take down defense. Just because Rashad could take him down doesn't mean his take down defense is weak. He matched Matt Lindland take down for take down when they fought. Kevin Randleman shot in on him deep in their fight and did not take him down. That had not happened before. Hamill is not nearly as fast as Rashad so it will be much harder for him to secure a take down. Some of it will depend on Rampage showing up in good condition.

Ziggy
05-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Either of these match ups makes me want to happy pee on my leg

trendhater
05-29-2011, 12:13 AM
The whole thing with Rashad reeks. And I'm a long long ways from a Rashad fan.

Elkisland
05-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Idk why. But I think Rampage has a better chance than Machida.

trendhater
05-29-2011, 12:40 AM
I tend to agree. Machida's skillset matches up alright, the problem is he tends to back straight up. That's a big no no, especially against a guy with 84" reach or w/e. Rampage has decent boxing skills and a lot more power.

jakethesnake
05-29-2011, 01:18 AM
Not sure why he couldn't fight Rashad (even though he was booked) after he found out he didn't need surgery.

Cleav22
05-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Looking forward to his return to the ring.

nycbomber
05-29-2011, 02:05 AM
Both would be good fights, I think he could take both but could lose both as well, I'd watch.

bdp53
05-29-2011, 02:08 AM
It doesn't matter who he fights, they don't stand a chance, though personally I hope it's Machida, he probably has the better chance to make a fight out of it

tattedntaken
05-29-2011, 02:18 AM
jones vs. rampage would be a good match..

Kirby420
05-29-2011, 02:29 AM
still want evans vs jones, dont like how he dodged that fight

Palm Trees
05-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Jon Jones should hope that it is against Rampage. Machida would completely wreck him in a title fight. WAR CHIDA