PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnens career is in serious jeopardy

Elkisland
05-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Sonnen's Fighting Future in Doubt (http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Sonnens-Fighting-Future-in-Doubt-32466)

They denied his license again. Unless he's looking to fight in Japan his career might be shot. I can't say I feel sorry for him.

The Snake
05-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Sonnen's Fighting Future in Doubt (http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Sonnens-Fighting-Future-in-Doubt-32466)

They denied his license again. Unless he's looking to fight in Japan his career might be shot. I can't say I feel sorry for him.

Fell sorry for the fans though, i wanted to see Silva-Sonnen 2 - think just about everyone did.

Elkisland
05-20-2011, 05:24 AM
Yeah. I really wanted to see it. But I think Sonnen would get clowned wihout roids fighting a healthy Silva

The Snake
05-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Yeah. I really wanted to see it. But I think Sonnen would get clowned wihout roids fighting a healthy Silva

I dont think the roids had that much effect they wernt his fault anyway, Silva not fighting with a busted rib on the other hand....that will change things.

Elkisland
05-20-2011, 07:51 PM
His try thing was a lie. that's why they aren't reinstated him. His back was all pocked up b4 the fight. the roids mattered.

OKMike
05-20-2011, 11:02 PM
He will be able to apply for his license again in one year.

Elkisland
05-21-2011, 12:36 AM
He will be able to apply for his license again in one year.

No telling if they will give it to him then though.

brad5150
05-21-2011, 12:56 AM
what did he do exactly

OKMike
05-21-2011, 01:05 AM
CSAC changes mind: Sonnen free to reapply for license next month
by Steven Marrocc | 13 minutes ago | source: mmajunkie.com | 1108 Views | 10 Comments

The California State Athletic Commission today reversed a decision to treat Chael Sonnen's indefinite suspension as a license revocation, which clears the way for the onetime middleweight contender to apply for a fight license in the state after his suspension runs its course on June 29 of this year.

On Thursday, CSAC Executive Director George Dodd told MMAjunkie.com that California Code of Regulations Title 4 Rule 399 was used as justification by CSAC legal advisers for classifying the suspension as a revocation.

Today, however, the CSAC announced there were errors made in the interpretation of that rule.

"Upon reviewing the May 18, 2011 decision of the commission, an error in the applicability of Rule 399 was made," stated a release issued today by the commission. "The rule states that, 'Any applicant who has been denied an application for a license may not file a similar application until one year from the date of the last previous denial by the commission. Any application filed within the one year period may be denied without the necessity of a hearing. Anyone who has had his license revoked may not petition for reinstatement or apply for a new license until one year after the date of such revocation. Any petition for reinstatement filed within the one year period may be denied without the necessity of a hearing.'

"Since the commission did not revoke or deny Mr. Sonnen's license, the rule does not apply."

The release noted that Sonnen will need to appear before the commission once again should he decide to apply for a license in California.

CSAC changes mind, UFC's Chael Sonnen free to apply for license after June 29 | MMAjunkie.com (http://mmajunkie.com/news/23676/csac-changes-mind-ufcs-chael-sonnen-free-to-apply-for-license-after-june-29.mma)

=======================================

This saga has had many twists and turns. I just want to see Chael fight again.

m4ki4v3lo
05-21-2011, 03:59 AM
really? I thought he was just a trully honest politician...

Kenny Powers
05-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Obciously don't feel sorry for the clown but he is a great fighter and would of liked Sonnen-Silva 2 or Sonnen-Bisping just for the build up lol