PDA

View Full Version : Robert Drysdale: I will be UFC champion within 5 years

OKMike
05-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Transitioning from high-level grappling competitor to high-level mixed martial artist was made to look easy by Strikeforce middleweight champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and former UFC No. 1 contender Demian Maia. It's not. Ask somebody like Marcelo Garcia.

The jury is still out on what level of success 29-year-old former multiple-time Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion Robert Drysdale will eventually attain after making his metamorphosis, which, at 2-0, remains in the early stages.

He fights UFC veteran Mike Nickels (9-4) on June 18 at Armageddon Fighting Championship 6, which takes place at Bear Mountain Arena in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.

When asked what he envisions for himself five years from now he made it pretty clear how serious he really is with his new endeavor.

"I am thinking the UFC light-heavyweight champion," he said. "That's the goal for everyone in my weight class ... There are a lot of guys ahead of me. I understand that. I'm not in a huge rush. I think I'm doing things the right way."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23574/grappling-stud-robert-drysdale-finds-early-success-in-mma-eyes-ufc-title-in-five-years.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

--------------------------------

I am curious to see how he does against top competition. His grappling is excellent.

Kenny Powers
05-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Well I haven't seen either of his fights but i'm sure if he's trained right and doesn't rush into the big leagues he could definitly be a top dog in the division