PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones cancels surgery, will fight again this year but not against Rashad

OKMike
05-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Jon Jones recently pulled out of a title fight with his 'divorced' team mate Rashad Evans, citing a need for surgery on his hans. Now manager Malki Kawa reveals via twitter that Jones has decided against surgery, and that he is fighting soon, but not vs. Rashad.

I guess its time to put out the truth. @Jonnybones suffered a tear in his thumb in 2 different spots... Every dr he saw said to have surgery

We went to meet with the surgeon on wed and after he looked at @Jonnybones he thought that surgery was a bit evasive and bones didn't have ... To have if he didn't want to. @Jonnybones decided against surgery, and we immediately met with dana and lorenzo the next day to get his next fight scheduled

For the record, every doctor @Jonnybones saw was a @ufc referred doctor. The very last one on the day before surgery thought against it...

No @Jonnybones is not fighting rashad. Rashad is fighting phil davis. I'll let you know who or when jon will fight real soon...by end of year.

---------------------------------------------------

This is just getting weird now.

Kenny Powers
05-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Well that's a bit stupid. I'm sure he's not but that just looks like he's avoiding Rashad

Layton
05-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Cant see Dana letting Jones pick his opponents, one thing about the UFC is the best fight the best or get stripped. if he doesnt fight Evans then i cant see him being LHW champ long

Kid Supreme
05-15-2011, 01:31 AM
I just dont think he wants to fight Rashad considering their history

Elkisland
05-15-2011, 03:46 AM
I just dont think he wants to fight Rashad considering their history

I usually try not to get into the drama. But you're right. It seems like ducking almost...

Kenny Powers
05-15-2011, 01:51 PM
That's what i said too, the whole thing seems a bit weird

Layton
05-15-2011, 02:14 PM
like i say dana white wont let jones pick and chose, no way is jones lhw champ if he fights anyone other than rashad

Kenny Powers
05-15-2011, 02:16 PM
like i say dana white wont let jones pick and chose, no way is jones lhw champ if he fights anyone other than rashad

So you think they'll just change Davis' opponent or wait til after the fight?