PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Pettis ?

Layton
05-14-2011, 09:18 AM
http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.411**********/siteimages/anthonypettis_19611.bmp

So Pettis is now a major player within the UFC's very stacked Lightweight division.

Just how good is "showtime" though.

Well his only loss was very close split decision loss to a very solid veteran in Bart Palaszewski, if you watch the fight it could of gone either way. I dont think Pettis could grumble much with the split decision as the fight was as close as they come.

Since that sole loss Pettis has gone on a four fight winning streak winning one by KO, two by submission and a points victory over Ben Henderson to win the WEC Lightweight title.

Pettis has looked very impressive in each of these fights, in his come back fight immediately after the loss to Palaszewski, Pettis destroyed Danny Castillo At WEC 47 just over two minutes into the very first round with a beautifull headkick followed by some punches which in turn earned Pettis KO of the night Honours.

In his next fight he took on UFC veteran Alex Karalexis At WEC 48, Pettis fought a great, solid fight and broke Karalexis down in the second round submitting him by Triangle choke.

Next up for Pettis was the very solid, very game Shane Roller at WEC 50, Again Pettis fought a great fight eventually ending the fight late in the third round via another triangle choke.

Then came the title fight with Ben Henderson at WEC 53 where they both foughgt a great fight with Pettis taking a unanimous decision and who can forget the matrix style kick.

However, his next fight is in the UFC against Clay Guida, Guida has way more experience he's tough as nails and this imo is Pettis biggest test of his career. Pettis should stick to the task in hand and leave the flashy stuff out in this one, Guida is more than capable of beating Pettis in a number of ways.

How do you guys see this fight playing out?

Kenny Powers
05-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Honestly I don't know. If Pettis comes out trying all the tricks I think Guida will just jump and move and jab his way to takedowns and a decision. I'm sure Anthony will have better sense than that though and I personally would like to see him win and get the title shot he's supposed to be having now.

Elkisland
05-20-2011, 03:42 AM
He's going to shred Guida imho.

Layton
05-23-2011, 09:31 PM
He's going to shred Guida imho.

Just watched Guida's whole career, well the ones i have, im missing about 5, but shredding someone like Guida is no easy feet. Win maybe? Shred, fuck no. Decision for Pettis at best

Elkisland
05-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Just watched Guida's whole career, well the ones i have, im missing about 5, but shredding someone like Guida is no easy feet. Win maybe? Shred, fuck no. Decision for Pettis at best

We shall see :)

Kenny Powers
05-26-2011, 02:53 AM
Guida's tough. I can honestly see him winning. Hope he doesn't though

jakethesnake
05-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Difficult fight to predict, as are all fights of the new WEC guys.