PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes arrested in Sacramento

E-DUBB
09-09-2010, 01:47 PM
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento County authorities say Los Angeles Lakers guard Matt Barnes has been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence.

Barnes

Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Tim Curran says deputies arrested Barnes after responding to what was termed an incomplete 911 call from a home around 4:16 p.m. Wednesday.

Deputies say both Barnes and the woman had visible injuries, but took Barnes into custody after determining he had been the primary aggressor.

The name of the woman was not released, but she was described by authorities as "a woman who lived with him and with whom he had a dating relationship."

Barnes was booked into the Sacramento County Jail on suspicion of domestic violence and maliciously obstructing the use of a telephone line.

He posted a $50,000 bond and was released. He is scheduled to be arraigned in court Monday.

Aaron Goodwin, Barnes' agent, reached in Turkey by ESPNLosAngeles.com, said in a text message that he was "getting the facts first from both parties" before commenting further.

"I plan to find out accurately what transpired, and go from there," Goodwin said via text.

Barnes, who attended UCLA, signed a two-year, $3.6 million contract with the Lakers in July.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5549456

E-DUBB
09-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Lakers' Barnes arrested, says 'I was the victim'

Los Angeles Laker Matt Barnes, arrested near Sacramento yesterday on a felony charge of domestic violence, contends he was the victim in a confrontation with his girlfriend.

The Lakers reserve texted Channel 10 reporter Bryan May with this message:

"U know any domestic violence situation 9 outa 10 times the man gets arrested. That's the case here I was the victim but still got arrested. No matter what I say people are gonna think what they want..."

Barnes also pleaded his case on his Twitter page, with this:

"DON'T LET YOUR EARS WITNESS, WHAT YOUR EYES DIDN'T SEE!!!"

The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department responded to a call at 4:15 p.m. PT and determined Barnes and his girlfriend had been involved in a "physical confrontation." Deputies said Barnes and the woman had visible injuries.

Barnes faces an additional charge for allegedly obstructing the woman from making a 911 call. Last month he signed a two-year, $3.6 million contract with the Lakers.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/09/matt-barnes-lakers-arrested-domestic-violence/1

BDUB
09-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Lakers are stupid by definition. :wave:

E-DUBB
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
bens just mad because the celtics are our bitch and we are going for the 3peat!!!!:owned:

BDUB
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
bens just mad because the celtics are our bitch and we are going for the 3peat!!!!:owned:

You will do no such thing. :hand:

E-DUBB
09-09-2010, 02:07 PM
the heat dont have the size in the middle to beat us,gasol and bynum will have a field day getting boards and easy put backs:cop: