PDA

View Full Version : Gene Wojciechowski Picks Pats to win AFC East.

BDUB
09-09-2010, 02:25 PM
1. New England Patriots -- Yeah, they stunk on the road last year, they've suffered all sorts of injuries and Rams rookie Sam Bradford chewed them up in an exhibition game. So why do I have them winning the AFC East? I have no idea. Maybe it's because I think Bill Belichick will glue-gun the defense back together. (The loss of standout cornerback Leigh Bodden for the season is a killer, though. Second-year player Darius Butler and rookie Devin McCourty will start on the corners.) And I always like the matchup problems that Randy Moss and Wes Welker (or maybe Julian Edelman) present. By the way, Tom Brady is another year removed from knee surgery. But that's just me, Mr. Optimist.

Wes Welker
Wesley Hitt/Getty ImagesThink a surgically repaired knee will hold Wes Welker back? Then you don't know Wes Welker.

2. New York Jets -- So what if Rex Ryan has a potty mouth? Think he's the first coach to cuss? What really bothers me about the Jets is all the question marks. Mark Sanchez should be better in Year 2, but will he? Can second-year RB Shonn Greene carry the running game? And if he can't, does LaDainian Tomlinson have enough left to do the job? What will be the trickle-down effect of Calvin Pace's injury? And, please, can the Jets do "Hard Knocks" every year?

:owned::owned::owned:

E-DUBB
09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
skip bayless also picked the pats to win the east:laugh: