PDA

View Full Version : Marquardt to try 170?

Kenny Powers
03-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Nate recently said when he woke up the day of the weigh ins friday he didn't have to cut weight, he was 186. He told mmajunkie in an interview that he wanted his walking around weight to be 190 so he could make welterweight.

"If they give me a decision, I don't know," Marquardt said. "It would depend on the opponent. I think there's definitely fights I want at 185. But at the same time, if my body feels great at 170, that's where I'm going to get the title at.

"Either way, I'm excited. I think I have a lot of options, and if I don't feel good at 170, I believe I can get the title at 185. I've fought the top guys and done well with everybody. Not only that, I felt great on Saturday night."

He's mentioned he wants a fight with Bisping or a rematch with Sonnen or Silva so I think if he doesn't get offered one of those guys he'll move to WW to give it a try.

OKMike
03-23-2011, 05:45 AM
He has looked smaller lately. He could have interesting fights at either middleweight or welterweight.

Joabbuac.
03-23-2011, 11:59 PM
He is needs a new weight, theres barely anyone left at 185 he has not fought.

Kenny Powers
03-24-2011, 03:52 AM
He is needs a new weight, theres barely anyone left at 185 he has not fought.

Like he said himself Bisping would be good. Other than that i'd be more interested in seeing him fight at WW too