PDA

View Full Version : I agree with Dana on Wanderlei vs. Belfort II

KING JB
03-17-2011, 05:00 AM
I agree with Dana on Wanderlei vs. Belfort II

Dana White recently stated that he wants Belfort and Wanderlei to go at it again. He said that Wanderlei is the one that wants Chris Leben and him to go at it, not Dana White. I wonder who will get their way here, Silva or Dana White? Personally, I would love to see either fight, but I am VERY surprised that Wanderlei doesn't seem excited to take this fight. His UFC debut was ruined by Vitor Belfort's quick hands and you would think that Silva would want his revenge so to speak.

Belfort is coming off the ugliest loss of his pro career, so you would think that RIGHT NOW would be the best time to get his revenge and take the fight. Do you know why he wants Chris Leben? It is because he is one of the greatest entertainers in the sport. He wants to please US...He doesn't want to please Dana or get his REVENGE. He wants to please us and I believe that Wanderlei believes that Belfort is DONE and he thinks Leben and him will give the FANS the best fight.

I know some people are gonna say that Silva is scared of Belfort, but I do not believe that is true. I think he truly wants to give us the most exciting fight and he must not think that Belfort is the exciting fight that we need. Personally, I think either fight would be great and I think I would love to see the rematch. However, Chris Leben is no slouch and I agree with Wanderlei and Chris in the thought that that fight would be GREAT FOR US.

However, I am a historian with this sport and I cant help but to want to see the two legends go at it. I cast my vote for Wanderlei and Belfort. That would be great. Lets put Leben in there with Marquardt, Grove, or Bisping. Hell, why not?

Kenny Powers
03-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I'd be interested in both options tbh. But as a long time fan i'dd be way more excited for Vitor vs Wandy

OKMike
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
I have wanted that rematch for years. Wandy should ask for his chance at revenge.

kevkevkev
03-19-2011, 04:51 PM
i do hope wandy gets pumped with whomever fighter he is given a mad wandy is a scary wandy lol