PDA

View Full Version : Other fights and thoughts

KING JB
03-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Other fights/Thoughts...

A few other fights signed and added....My thoughts...

Why the hell is Melvin Guillard fighting Shane Roller? I just got done ranting about Donald Cerrone taking a step down and now Guillard is doing the same thing? Here's a thought...Why not GUILLARD vs. CERRONE? That would be exciting as hell and it makes sense considering they are two of the best lightweights in the world. The match making with Cerrone and Guillard makes my stomach turn as I think BOTH of them have nothing to gain by winning and EVERYTHING to lose by losing. That means Guillard fights Roller in July...When will HE get a shot at the title? 2012? Lets be honest, if Dunham would have beaten Guillard, people would be pushing for a Dunham title shot right now. Everyone was on his nuts at one point. So, why doesn't Guillard earn one by beating Jeremy Stephens and Dunham? Hell, Stephens ended Marcus Davis' UFC career. I understand that Roller is a great talent, but for Guillard, I still consider it a step down. Even worse, I think he might lose it and completely jack off his real shot at a title. Not smart.

Sam Stout and Yves Edwards is gonna be exciting and a good fight for both men. I think this will be a fight of the night contender for UFC 131. I personally think that Edwards is going to take it, but regardless, I love this matchup.

Matt Brown and Rich Attonito for the TUF 13 finale. I cant think of a better place for this fight to go down than free television the night of the Ultimate Finale. I like this matchup too for THAT CARD. For any other card, I would NOT like the matchup as crazy as that sounds. For Matt Brown, if he loses, it should be IT. For Attonito, the same THING. I think both men are fighting for their careers here, but I think Mr. Brown will lose his 4th in a row and be off to the MMA unemployment line. To be honest, I dont like either of these fighters, but have NO PROBLEM with seeing it on free TV or reading the recap.

Those are the new fights signed and for the most part, Im not happy. Maybe its just that kind of day for me, but the only one I really like is Stout and Edwards.

Too many good fighters under contract to have poorly scheduled fights. Especially all around the same time.

Just my thoughts...Feel free to battle if needed.

Kenny Powers
03-17-2011, 03:24 AM
I think Guillard loses to Roller, he's always had trouble against guys like him. And he doesn't deserve a title shot. He's behind Maynard, Jim Miller and the Guida-Pettis winner imo

OKMike
03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Guillard handled Evan Dunham pretty easily. Dunham is better than Roller. If Guillard shows up that prepared again, he should steamroll Roller. I hope I am wrong though.

kevkevkev
03-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I guess guillard still is lacking the popularity to push his title shot hopes. dana may give him 2 more fights with gatekeepers before even considering on putting him in the mix

Kenny Powers
03-19-2011, 05:03 PM
I seriously don't get how anyone thinks he's in title contention

kevkevkev
03-19-2011, 05:29 PM
maybe because of his recent wins i must say he was impressive with his last fight but he needs more high caliber fights to prove a point

Kenny Powers
03-19-2011, 05:35 PM
He has a nice little streak going but until he beats a top ten guy he should shut up