PDA

View Full Version : Cerrone is wasting his time...

KING JB
03-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Cerrone is wasting his time...

Mac Danzig vs Donald Cerrone has been signed for UFC 131 and I gotta ask WHY? Donald Cerrone just DESTROYED Paul Kelly and now he is taking a step down? Im sorry, but Mac Danzig is not better than Paul Kelly in ANY WAY and I just dont understand the drop in competition. I understand that this is a grudge match due to the tweets, but I think Cerrone is making a mistake. Winning this fight will do nothing for his career, but losing it could be HORRIBLE for him in a stacked lightweight division in the UFC. He should be moving up to someone like Joe Stevenson (if he isnt gonna be cut) or Joe Lauzon. I just dont understand this fight at all for Donald Cerrone. He is a former world champion and right now, he should be focused on making his way towards Frankie Edgar or Anthony Pettis.

Hell, the fight will be ok to watch, but I think Cerrone is going to dominate this fight and then tap him out. I just think Cerrone is a championship caliber fighter and Danzig is lucky to even have a job. I do think that Cerrone will be doing us a favor and eliminating Danzig from the roster. He is boring in my book and I think he is B level talent and maybe even C level talent. I look for Cerrone to blow right through him, but my question remains. What good does this do for Cerrone OTHER than making him 2-0 in the Octagon? I think he is wasting his time. He should go after Terry Etim or something.

Maybe I am wrong...Feel free to battle me if you believe that Danzig is a good matchup or have any solid reason for this fight even taking place.

OKMike
03-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Danzig is better than you seem to believe. It would be impressive for Cerrone if he can stop Danzig. I don't think Lauzon is ready to fight right now due to injury.

KING JB
03-17-2011, 01:42 AM
No, I realize that Danzig is a good talent, but I believe he is a step DOWN from Paul Kelly....just my opinion.

kevkevkev
03-19-2011, 06:24 PM
I liked danzig ever since his TUF days although after the show he really wasnt able to string the W's consistently maybe its a wakeup call for him that is why the match was made i do hope danzig wins