PDA

View Full Version : Royce Gracie is BACK!

KING JB
03-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Today it seems like Royce Gracie was added back to the active roster of welterweights on the UFC's website? Does this hint that a deal may be complete for Royce to return to action at the UFC in Brazil scheduled for August?

KING JB
03-12-2011, 01:07 AM
http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Royce-Gracie

thats his bio

KING JB
03-12-2011, 01:08 AM
I was hoping to see him fight Demien Maia, but Demien Maia has just signed on to meet Mark Munoz @ UFC 131 in June.....

Kenny Powers
03-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Royce said in an interview on Sherdog when they officialy announced the event that it was being talked about. Wouldn't say any more. I hope it's against another old legend and not someone who will destroy him like Matt did

Kenny Powers
03-12-2011, 01:44 AM
http://mmajunkie.com/news/22798/manager-optimistic-on-royce-gracies-ufc-return-negotiations-ongoing.mma

That's an article posted on junkie today talking about it. They say there's a specific opponent in mind

KING JB
03-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Royce said in an interview on Sherdog when they officialy announced the event that it was being talked about. Wouldn't say any more. I hope it's against another old legend and not someone who will destroy him like Matt did

agreed, but wouldn't you LOVE to see a jiu-jitsu war between Gracie and Maia??? Who else would it be? Matt Serra perhaps? Sean Sherk? If he is fighting at WELTERWEIGHT, then it could be a few different ones....

Just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Wrestlers.....No Jon Fitch, GSP.......Maybe even BJ Penn would be nice to see.....

Kenny Powers
03-12-2011, 02:01 AM
agreed, but wouldn't you LOVE to see a jiu-jitsu war between Gracie and Maia??? Who else would it be? Matt Serra perhaps? Sean Sherk? If he is fighting at WELTERWEIGHT, then it could be a few different ones....

Just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Wrestlers.....No Jon Fitch, GSP.......Maybe even BJ Penn would be nice to see.....

Tbh I don't know. But I wouldn't be shocked if it's someone brought in from outside the UFC. I'd enjoy Royce vs Saku in a fairwell match to both

KING JB
03-12-2011, 02:03 AM
Tbh I don't know. But I wouldn't be shocked if it's someone brought in from outside the UFC. I'd enjoy Royce vs Saku in a fairwell match to both

You god damn right! That would be a hell of a match right there. I could watch them two fight 10,000 times.

Kenny Powers
03-12-2011, 02:08 AM
You god damn right! That would be a hell of a match right there. I could watch them two fight 10,000 times.

And with the state of MMA in Japan right now it wouldn't be a shocker to get Saku

OKMike
03-15-2011, 12:03 AM

This would be about the only bout I would want to see Royce take in the UFC. Both Royce and Sakuraba are too far past their best to face the young guns now.

glserr
06-12-2011, 01:44 AM
He was the man back in the day, how about Gracie VS Anderson Silva?

Mr. Beelzebub
06-12-2011, 01:51 AM

Are you serious?

Kenny Powers
06-12-2011, 01:55 AM

I'd fear for Royce's life

danayelx
06-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Dude is old, shouldnt be fighting at all... maybe put him against another old fart...