PDA

View Full Version : UFC Signs ADCC World Champion Jon Olav Einemo

Kenny Powers
03-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Golden Glory today announced that the UFC has signed their fighter, 35 year old Jon Olav Einemo. The 2003 ADCC Gold medalist holds a 6-1 record having finished all 6 opponents in those wins. Einemo was absent from competition between 2003 to 2006 due to a flesh eating bacterial infection and upon his return suffered his only loss, a 3 round decision to current Strikeforce HW Fabricio Werdum. He returned 9 months later to submit James Thompson via armbar in November 2006 and has not competed in MMA since. No word on when he may debut.

Layton
03-09-2011, 10:17 PM
dont sound like a great catch at his age and inactivity to me, though i dont know what he's been up to in his period of inactivity. look forward too seeing the guy in action before i make any concrete judgements

Kenny Powers
03-09-2011, 10:36 PM
dont sound like a great catch at his age and inactivity to me, though i dont know what he's been up to in his period of inactivity. look forward too seeing the guy in action before i make any concrete judgements

I'd say the UFC are giving him a shot in the hope he's something special considering their weak HW division. The last thing they'd want is to pass on this guy and see him go to Strikeforce and tear the place up

KING JB
03-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Boy, the UFC buyrate is about SKYROCKET NOW!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA