PDA

View Full Version : GSP/Silva? Yea, but I wanna see Torres and Faber.

KING JB
03-01-2011, 04:29 AM
I know alot of people these days are stuck on the concept of Silva and GSP, but let me ask you all this...

Wouldn't you consider Urijah Faber and Miguel Torres the same type of dream fight? Granted, it doesnt have the glitz and glamour of GSP and Silva, but I think the UFC should consider putting this dream fight on the EXACT SAME card.

Yes, I consider it a dream fight as well and if they wouldn't have had a rocky end to their WEC stints, many people would be agreeing with me if they are NOT already.

Just curious...what do you all think of that potential fight? Co-main event status or not? Who do you got?

I personally got Faber via decision, but I think it would be so great, I hope for it to be FIVE rounds.

OKMike
03-01-2011, 09:49 AM
It shouldn't be a dream fight since both of them lost their titles. It would be a good fight nevertheless.

KING JB
03-01-2011, 07:29 PM
It shouldn't be a dream fight since both of them lost their titles. It would be a good fight nevertheless.

I cant argue that logic....I just think that both men dominated for such a long period of time, its a dream fight. I guess its because Aldo vs. Cruz would NOT be a dream fight to me despite both men being the current champion. To me, Royce Gracie and Damien Maia would be ANOTHER dream fight that the UFC should sign for UFC Rio in August. Don't ask me what made me say that, because I just blurted it out. Im a little medicated today ;)

Kenny Powers
03-02-2011, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't consider it a dream fight but definitly a fight i'd get hyped for!! Love watching both guys fight

KING JB
03-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't consider it a dream fight but definitly a fight i'd get hyped for!! Love watching both guys fight

Once again, I think its that they were never promoted enough to have the star power. Both of them were DOMINANT in their divisions...Maybe its just a dream fight for me, but I think it would be more competitive than GSP and Silva honestly....Silva is gonna DESTROY GSP....

Kenny Powers
03-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Once again, I think its that they were never promoted enough to have the star power. Both of them were DOMINANT in their divisions...Maybe its just a dream fight for me, but I think it would be more competitive than GSP and Silva honestly....Silva is gonna DESTROY GSP....

That's a fair point. I don't see Silva destroying GSP though, I do think he'll KO him

Joabbuac.
03-02-2011, 09:20 PM
haha Silva will destroy him but not dominate him....thats how i see it anyway. When GSP gets a little rocked Silva will totally take him out brutally his GnP on a hurt man has alway been brutal and quick, GSP wont even have time to tap in this one :D.

KING JB
03-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Lets be honest here....None of us know if GSP can even fight that heavy...It may hurt him tremendously. Has he ever fought at 185?