PDA

View Full Version : Dana thinks BJ won at UFC 127

KING JB
02-28-2011, 11:32 PM
“I didn’t think it was a draw. I looked at the scorecards and the two judges who had it a draw scored the first two rounds for Penn and the third round a 10-8 [for Fitch]… Personally, I scored the first two rounds for Penn and had him winning the fight. There’s no doubt B.J. got pounded in the third round, but that wasn’t a 10-8 round.”

Those were comments from the owner of the UFC, Dana White.

With so many people saying that Fitch won this fight, I would say that more than ever it seems like a TRUE draw right now. I am ready for the rematch.

Joabbuac.
03-01-2011, 01:07 AM
haha i though it was very close, but i just cant see it a draw, it dont add up. Anyone who scores a 10-8 round there is crazy.

KING JB
03-01-2011, 03:52 AM
haha i though it was very close, but i just cant see it a draw, it dont add up. Anyone who scores a 10-8 round there is crazy.

I think people give out 10-8's a little too often from their couch. To me, a 10-8 round should consist of KNOCKDOWNS, BLOOD, and just COMPLETELY fucking up the other person so bad that the round should CHANGE the outcome of the fight dramatically. For instance, I think Shane Carwin had a 10-8 round one against Brock Lesnar...lol

Joabbuac.
03-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Yea Fitch just did what he normally does, the smothering constant attack but not with much power. He didnt hurt Penn, didnt smash him up or nearly sub him. Deff a 10-9

KING JB
03-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Yea Fitch just did what he normally does, the smothering constant attack but not with much power. He didnt hurt Penn, didnt smash him up or nearly sub him. Deff a 10-9

As much as i hate it....I cant argue with success....If wrestlers can use their skill to win and be unbeatable, who am I to question it? lol

Joabbuac.
03-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I got no problem with how he fights, but he didnt deserve this one :D I did call him one of the best welters of all time on the night, i still think that.

KING JB
03-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Should there be a rematch? I dont think the fans wanna see it.....

Kenny Powers
03-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Should there be a rematch? I dont think the fans wanna see it.....

I do, how else do you get the no.1 contender?

KING JB
03-10-2011, 07:48 PM
I do, how else do you get the no.1 contender?

Honestly, I think Jon Fitch should ALREADY be the #1 contender....He is damn near unbeatable and he gave GSP a SERIOUS run for his money last time. I love BJ Penn, but I think they should book Penn vs. Diego II....

Kenny Powers
03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Honestly, I think Jon Fitch should ALREADY be the #1 contender....He is damn near unbeatable and he gave GSP a SERIOUS run for his money last time. I love BJ Penn, but I think they should book Penn vs. Diego II....

Penn vs Diego?? Penn raped Diego and left a giant hole in his head. And BJ got a draw with Fitch so I think Penn-Fitch 2 makes more sense

KING JB
03-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Penn vs Diego?? Penn raped Diego and left a giant hole in his head. And BJ got a draw with Fitch so I think Penn-Fitch 2 makes more sense

Penn and Diego @ 170 is a completely different matchup than @ 55...Its not that I do NOT think that Penn/Fitch would be good...I just think that Fitch should ALREADY be the #1 contender.

Kenny Powers
03-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Penn and Diego @ 170 is a completely different matchup than @ 55...Its not that I do NOT think that Penn/Fitch would be good...I just think that Fitch should ALREADY be the #1 contender.

He was the no.1 contender before the Penn fight, but now that he has that draw on his record a lot of people will complain if he gets a shot without fighting BJ again

KING JB
03-12-2011, 02:58 AM
He was the no.1 contender before the Penn fight, but now that he has that draw on his record a lot of people will complain if he gets a shot without fighting BJ again

Touch'e sir....touch'e......Now that Gracie is back, WW division looks a little more interesting....More than likely its just a one fight deal...I would assume.

Kenny Powers
03-12-2011, 03:02 AM
Touch'e sir....touch'e......Now that Gracie is back, WW division looks a little more interesting....More than likely its just a one fight deal...I would assume.

Almost sure Gracie is back for a retirement fight. Plus the majority of the division would beat him handily

KING JB
03-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Almost sure Gracie is back for a retirement fight. Plus the majority of the division would beat him handily

LOL!!! Yea, I am sure that it is for a retirement fight, but I wouldn't go that far about the Welterweight Division......The STRONG wrestlers like Fitch, GSP, and Koscheck could probably do it....But do you think Jake Shields can do it? That would be another good one...

I guess I just give Gracie alot of credit. I think the Matt Hughes destruction was just a mistake on his part.

Kenny Powers
03-12-2011, 03:10 AM
LOL!!! Yea, I am sure that it is for a retirement fight, but I wouldn't go that far about the Welterweight Division......The STRONG wrestlers like Fitch, GSP, and Koscheck could probably do it....But do you think Jake Shields can do it? That would be another good one...

I guess I just give Gracie alot of credit. I think the Matt Hughes destruction was just a mistake on his part.

Gracie is a legend and deserves a lot of credit for what he has done but he's a one-dimensional forty something year old. I doubt he'd do much damage in what could be strongest division in the sport