PDA

View Full Version : Bisping to be punished for spitting..

KING JB
02-28-2011, 11:30 PM
UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping will face disciplinary action for his behavior following his UFC 127 win, UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting.

Shortly after finishing his second-round TKO over Jorge Rivera, Bisping walked over to the octagon corner closest to Rivera's team and spit in their direction. The incident was caught on camera, though Rivera's cornermen could not be seen from the angle shown.

Rivera's boxing coach Matt Phinney was hit, according to a statement from their camp. Bisping denied spitting at them, saying, "I was spitting on the floor to let him know what I thought of him."

White said he has yet to make a decision on whether Bisping will be fined and/or suspended for his actions, but confirmed that he will be subject to some punishment.

Despite insisting he had not spit directly at Rivera's corner, Bisping (21-3) apologized for his behavior in post-fight interviews, saying he momentarily lost control because of the pre-fight videos made by Rivera which mocked him. In the videos, Bisping was portrayed by Phinney. But when told Rivera's camp was demanding a punishment for his actions, he took umbrage.

"It doesn't surprise me really," he said. "It's just one classless move after another."

This was reported by mmafighting.com.

KING JB: I stick to my story that I like Michael Bisping and think that he is one of the best in the world. He makes mistakes, but what was he supposed to do, shake Rivera and his camp's hand after all the shit talking they did?

Joabbuac.
03-01-2011, 01:02 AM
KING JB: I stick to my story that I like Michael Bisping and think that he is one of the best in the world. He makes mistakes, but what was he supposed to do, shake Rivera and his camp's hand after all the shit talking they did?

How the hell is he one of the best? He beat a guy who has lost to every good fighter he has fought and still needed an illegal knee. Bisping stikes like he is scared to get hit....flicking soft punches with no conviction. Even then he has his chin in the air, which Henderson showed everyone...dont seem like Bisping has learned from this.

KING JB
03-01-2011, 03:56 AM
How the hell is he one of the best? He beat a guy who has lost to every good fighter he has fought and still needed an illegal knee. Bisping stikes like he is scared to get hit....flicking soft punches with no conviction. Even then he has his chin in the air, which Henderson showed everyone...dont seem like Bisping has learned from this.

Lets be honest here...Bisping has fought quite ALOT of solid talent and still stands at 21-3. I think he is easily in the top ten of the middleweights and he might even be able to beat Marquardt or Maia...The truth is that he will NEVER, EVERRRRRRR be champion, but I think alot of people shit on Bisping for no reason. He made alot of enemies in that USA vs UK Ultimate Fighter. He would have beaten Rivera without the knee. The only person to dominate Bisping was Dan Henderson and losing to Dan Henderson is nothing to be ashamed of. He has learned from that loss too. Bisping doesn't circle into right hands anymore. He DOMINATED Dennis Kang who was a very solid fighter. I think that Bisping just needs that one MAJOR win like against Belfort or Sonnen to get some respect. I am not sure if I think he can beat either one. I just think that he is VERY underrated due to people hating him.

OKMike
03-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Vitor Belfor has asked to face Bisping next. Facing Vitor should be Bisping's punishment.

KING JB
03-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Vitor Belfor has asked to face Bisping next. Facing Vitor should be Bisping's punishment.

I look forward to this fight...I dont see any decisions or laying and praying here...GOOD SOLID standup WAR.

Joabbuac.
03-02-2011, 12:24 AM
He did not dominate Kang, dropped,mounted and battered. Came back well though.

KING JB
03-02-2011, 02:53 AM
He did not dominate Kang, dropped,mounted and battered. Came back well though.

My bad actually...He did make a STRONG comeback now that I remember....I dont know what the fuck I was thinking....touch'e