PDA

View Full Version : GSP vs Silva could happen in 2011

Kenny Powers
01-22-2011, 05:35 PM
"If they both win their fights, that fight makes all the sense in the world," White said. "If that happens, then we're probably going to do that fight"

White went on to talk about how he doesn't like guys from different classes fighting eachother until both have done what GSP and Anderson Silva have done, dominate their weight classes. He also went on to say that GSP wouldn't be returning to to WW after the fight.

"Georges St-Pierre would move to 185 and stay at that weight and not go back to 170"

Who would you guys want to win and who do you think will win?

Joabbuac.
01-23-2011, 08:15 AM
I want and think Silva would win. I think GSP would have him on the ground for a lot of it though. At some point Silva would catch him and finish him.

I also dont think GSP would be as dominant on the ground as Sonnen was.

OKMike
01-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't really care to see this fight made. I am more interested in Anderson Silva fighting at light heavyweight. He walks around big enough to fight there and serious competition awaits.

Joabbuac.
01-23-2011, 04:53 PM
A lot of strikers up there too, would make for some great fights. I wanna see the GSP fight first though personally.

Kenny Powers
01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah i'd much rather see him take out GSP then leave the division for LHW

Joabbuac.
01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Do you give GSP much of a chance?

There is basically no chance of GSP finishing Silva, hes gonna have to grind out another points win against one of the best strikers out there. I dont think he can hold down such a bigger guy for the whole fight either.

Kenny Powers
01-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Well I can never count out GSP and he has said that if he takes this fight he's going to take time out just to put on the weight properly even before the training for the fight starts. So the size advantage won't be as big as it would be if GSP just moved up the way he is now but Silva is a big MW anyway so there's still quite an advantage. But you're right he won't finish Silva. I think early on GSP will control Silva for the most part but when he does stand with him he's gonna have major issues. I can't imagine him having the fight on the ground for the whole five rounds and I don't think Silva will need a lot of time on the feet to finish it. Silva looks best counter punching so I could see GSP moving in with strikes to try set up a takedown and eventually get caught

Kenny Powers
02-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Again, Dana just said at the Silva-Belfort post fight presser that if GSP wins he wants to make it happen:D

Joabbuac.
02-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Rip GSP

:hail: Ive been a hardcore silva nuthugger for a while haha

imported_Champion Stuff
02-06-2011, 10:06 PM
i'm a fan of gsp, but in all honesty, i want to see him against some real competition. even if he loses, i'll still follow his fights. i've never paid much attention to silva, i haven't seen his fight against sonnen yet because i couldn't find a reliable download for it. i'd like to see this fight made, just so gsp can see some real life competition. he's simply too good for his division, let someone else have it. move up, move on.

dazedroid
02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I think silva will take gsp but it will be a great fight.