PDA

View Full Version : Phan-Garcia Rematch is on

Joabbuac.
01-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Thank god...this was a horrible robbery :wank: Garcia is a pretty poor fighter.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Garcia-Phan-Booked-for-March-Rematch-29323

OKMike
01-12-2011, 11:29 AM
The first one was darn exciting so this one should be too. Go Korean Zombie!

Kenny Powers
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
The first one was darn exciting so this one should be too. Go Korean Zombie!

Korean Zombie?? Think you're thinkin of the other gift decision Garcia won last year. How the hell he wins decisions is beyond me. Hope Phan gets some justice here

Joabbuac.
01-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Shows how the mma judges see fights though...sheds some light on there other shitty scores.

Kenny Powers
01-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Last year in general really highlighted the need for a new system. The half point system looks interesting and I hear there gonna give it a try in California during amateur bouts. I think it was California anyway

Joabbuac.
01-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Something needs to be done that's for sure. But i dont think the problem is rooted in the system, even with the current system most people can tell who has won the fight.

Kenny Powers
01-13-2011, 09:46 AM
I think MMA needs it's own system, different from Boxings one. Pride rules are a lot better than the unified rules in the US but I don't think they're the way to go either. But knees to the head of a downed opponent was a great thing Pride had and needs to be brought in imo

OKMike
01-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Korean Zombie?? Think you're thinkin of the other gift decision Garcia won last year. How the hell he wins decisions is beyond me. Hope Phan gets some justice here

I just saw Garcia rematch and figured it would be against the Korean Zombie since that fight was legendary. Garcia's match with Phan did have the controversial decision.