PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Babel charged over Twitter Picture

Elephant Man
01-10-2011, 09:14 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2011/1/9/1294598017940/Howard-Webb---Twitter-007.jpg
The Liverpool forward Ryan Babel has been charged with improper conduct after posting comments and images concerning the referee Howard Webb on Twitter, the Football Association has confirmed.

Babel responded to Liverpool's 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford by posting a mocked-up photo on his Twitter site of the official wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Webb had incensed Liverpool by awarding a first-minute penalty when Dimitar Berbatov went to ground after a slight touch from Daniel Agger and then sending off Steven Gerrard for a dangerous challenge on Michael Carrick.

Babel posted the picture of Webb with the message: "And they call him one of the best referees? That's a joke. SMH."

SMH is the abbreviation for shaking my head.

Babel later apologised via Twitter, posting: "Sorry Howard Webb. My apology if they take my posted pic seriously. This is just an emotional reaction after losing an important game."

Babel has until 4pm on Thursday to respond to the charge.

:laughup:

tryme
01-10-2011, 09:52 PM
he wasnt lying though.

Lenny
01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
he should respond with a big fat fuck off.

they should charge glen johnson for calling paul merson and alco junkie on his twitter page, cunt :wank:

Galway
01-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Absolutely disgusting, Ban him for life :hand:

E-DUBB
01-11-2011, 12:59 AM
:laugh: wow...how petty are they over there...you get charged with misconduct for basically saying a ref is overrated???

brett favre sends text pics of his cock to female team employees and only has to pay a fine...

he would get sent to prison if he was an athlete over there:rofl:

Saul
01-11-2011, 11:50 AM
The FA are a disgrace :rofl:.

Lenny
01-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Rooney out injured again,berba to start up top with webb again

ulster86
01-11-2011, 03:24 PM
There was contact for the pen although Berba went down easily, but if you don't go down when there's contact 9/10 you don't get a pen. There can be no arguments about the sending off, Gerrard left the ground and went in with two feet. He's a dirty bastard with previous history of these potentially career ending tackles. Babel's just making a tit of himself and looking very bitter as King Kenny's return didn't go as planned. :laugh2:

Lenny
01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Was is it. Dive or not grant,no bait ?

ulster86
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Was is it. Dive or not grant,no bait ?

He went down by choice but there was contact (although slight) so it's not a bad decision. Like I said if players don't go down now they usually don't get a pen. It was a very soft pen though.

Lenny
01-11-2011, 11:44 PM
you should consider a career in politics grant, very evasive :laugh:

Not seen it so wont comment, just from what ive read alot said it was dive.

AS for my comments re Babel and twitter i like that you can read some footballers views on football and life and dont agree it should be censorted, infact it would be wrong to do so. Footballers should be allowed an outlet, although not always good idea, glen johnson comes off as a stupid cunt. some of the younger lads at arsenal ive had to unfollow for braindeadness, but there are some good guys on there and good to see what they have to see.

ulster86
01-12-2011, 01:39 PM
If you haven't seen it why attack Webb? :hand:

It is stupid though charging Babel over this though, I agree.

Lenny
01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
It was a joke i seen on twitter, i forwarded it on, i thought it was funny :sad:

Glen Johnson should be charged over what he said about poor Mers :(