PDA

View Full Version : Man City sign Dzeko for £27m

Elephant Man
01-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Manchester City have completed the signing of Edin Dzeko on a four-and-a-half-year contract.

The 24-year-old striker arrives from German outfit Wolfsburg in a reported £27million deal.

City have been tracking the Bosnia international for some time, with a deal touted from the moment the January transfer window loomed into view.

Robert Mancini has now got his man, with Dzeko delighted to have seen a protracted saga come to an end.

He is expected to make his City debut in the club's Premier League clash with Wolves on 15th January.

"It has been a long time that I have been linked with the club going back to last summer but Wolfsburg did not want to sell me until today," Dzeko told the club's official website after passing a medical on Friday.

"There was too much speculation in the papers but my head is always clear. It is important that is the case because if you think too much about what might be it is a distraction and it can affect your game. I was always attracted most to joining City.

"I am pleased to be at such a good club with such a big ambition as Manchester City.

"They have been playing well this season. I have watched them a lot on television. Now the speculation is over and I just want to do my best."

Dzeko, who should be fresh after taking in the Bundesliga winter break, is convinced that he has joined a side that is capable of challenging for top honours, and one that can help him develop as a player.

"Everybody speaks about City having lots of money but it is not about that. It is about ambition and I have spoken to coach Mancini and he told me 'this is the best club for you'," he added.

Lenny
01-08-2011, 12:50 AM
and they will still park the bus at the emirates and play for a point :sad:

Cant stand City, wish they would just get bored and the club go bank. They shouldnt ever be allowed in CL btw they lost more than their entire turnover last year, disgrace.

Galway
01-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Mancini's a pussy. This is the weakest league we've had in years, City should be walking it with their squad but no balls Mancini is always willing to settle for a draw. The title's coming home to OT :woot:

Ridiculous signing anyway. 27m for a guy who's just going to replace Adebayor on the bench

ulster86
01-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Dzeko's a beast but a waste at City :sad: