PDA

View Full Version : Beckenbauer - England were treated disgracefully

Elephant Man
12-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Fifa executive committee member Franz Beckenbauer says England were "treated disgracefully" in the World Cup bidding process.

The German, who will leave his post as an executive committee member next year, believes England, along with the other six losing nations, were not dealt with well by Fifa.

He told Bild: "I am disappointed with the way Fifa dealt with the result. The seven losing countries were treated disgracefully, particularly England and Australia.

"All of us exco [executive committee] members were told ahead of the ballot that neither we nor the public would ever know the exact number of votes for each country. After each round of voting we were told only which country had been ruled out. Then, a few hours later, I was hearing from journalists what the exact voting had been.

"It's certainly affected my confidence in Fifa."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3541/world-cup-bids/2010/12/14/2260391/fifa-executive-committee-member-franz-beckenbauer-england

:hail:The Kaiser

Saul
12-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Even the Kaiser knows it was a fix :laugh:. Blatter making stupid comments again today :sad:.

ulster86
12-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Even the Kaiser knows it was a fix :laugh:. Blatter making stupid comments again today :sad:.

What do you want him to do....tell the truth and say England had all the facilities but didn't get it because they're the yanks of europe? :laugh2:

Elephant Man
12-15-2010, 02:30 PM
What do you want him to do....tell the truth and say England had all the facilities but didn't get it because they're the yanks of europe? :laugh2:

:laugh2:Says the Fake Brit who supports a English team