PDA

View Full Version : Will we get to see Brock vs Fedor now?

Obama
10-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Given their most recent bouts, is it now a possibility?

Max
10-24-2010, 06:40 AM
spose so, though I think Brock might still have a place among the young, prime heavyweights.
A rematch would be interesting.

Welshy
10-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Fedor knocks Brock out. His stand up is better, he can compete on the ground and his submissions are far better so I don't see how Brock wins, even if Fedor is past his best.

ovylord
10-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Fuck! I wanna see Velasquez - Overeem or Velasquez - Fedor.

Welshy
10-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Velasquez - Dos Santos will be amazing, don't worry.

jmc617
10-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Given their most recent bouts, is it now a possibility?

It's a possibiltiy and a part of me wants to see it because of all the hype surrounding the fight a few months back before Fedor lost but Velasquez deserves his shine and I don't think Dana White will sell out and stage a negogiation between Fedor and his fighter Brock until he proves himself again. Dana seems like an honorable man that has integrity and I base that from observing how he conducts himself on his TV series and in interviews. He is big on making this sport big and I don't get the same feeling I get about Arum when he puts cards on that he is only about cashing out. We need a Dana White kind of guy in boxing and it's supposed to be Oscar but I am still waiting for something big from him.

On the other hand though in recent past we were given UFC main events based strictly upon fighter popularity like Ortiz vs Shamrock III (yes, I bought it...:-??) and Liddell vs Rampage II. My only complaint about staging a Brock vs Fedor fight would be that I think it isn't fair and fan exploitive to stage a fight like that at this time in both their careers. I mean why should two guys that lost their last matches make a payday and that answer is for business purposes only. I'd much rather see Velasquez vs Brock II or if UFC was going to do business with Strikeforce then stage a Velasquez vs Werdum bout. A bout between Brock and Velasquez would demean the Championships of both promotions. Why do the losers get a big payday over the men that kicked their asses but more importantly why the hell are we, am I, still interested?

Welshy
10-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Velasquez is fighting Dos Santos next so that leaves Brock with nothing to do, and as of right now, Fedor has nothing to do either. Who cares whether they lost their last fights? It's a fight fans want to see so it should be set up if possible. To say the fight would be set up for business purposes only is stupid because fans want to see it. If fans didn't want to see it, nobody would discuss it.

Violent Demise
10-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Who gives a fuck? It's MMA.

Obama
10-24-2010, 08:18 PM

No one really, just a couple million people. Small Potatoes. :))

Dj Si Thompson
10-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Just watched the fight. Brock got smashed! I could see something like this happening after the Carwin fight

jmc617
10-24-2010, 09:55 PM

I was surprised to see Brock snappn that jab out there like he did. He came out strongly trying to make a statement and just didn't seem to have enough in the tank to last after Velasquez proved that not only he was better standing up but could hang with him on the ground and in the clinches as well.

I don't think it would be a good business move to make a Fedor/ Brock match right now. If Fedor belonged to the UFC or was a free agent that's one thing but they belong to different promotional companies and I think we'd see one company trying to lowball the other one because of the status of the fighters. Both guys need to take the slower road back to the top, 1 or 2 tune-up's and then a championship try again. If they are successful then the market will be peaked for a superfight of that caliber. I am not against it I just think it's the wrong time for something like that.

Max
10-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't think Brock was gassed, that left uppercut that made him stumble the length of the cage caught him pretty clean. I think Velasquez's punches were far more accurate and damaging than Carwin, that's why he was able to finish the job.

I don't think Brock vs Fedor is too bad a main event, Bisping and Takiyama headlined a UFC having each lost undercard bouts in their previous outings.

Brock was supposed to be still in his prime at 33, this isn't too hard to believe from a heavyweight, particularly one with only 6 fights. I think he should get another shot at Velasquez within a year, maybe he fights Mir again while Velasquez fights Dos Santos

jmc617
10-25-2010, 12:23 AM
I don't think Brock was gassed, that left uppercut that made him stumble the length of the cage caught him pretty clean. I think Velasquez's punches were far more accurate and damaging than Carwin, that's why he was able to finish the job.

I don't think Brock vs Fedor is too bad a main event, Bisping and Takiyama headlined a UFC having each lost undercard bouts in their previous outings.

Brock was supposed to be still in his prime at 33, this isn't too hard to believe from a heavyweight, particularly one with only 6 fights. I think he should get another shot at Velasquez within a year, maybe he fights Mir again while Velasquez fights Dos Santos

Bisping and Takiyama were both UFC fighters, no? I would think it would be a totally different matter when your trying ot put together a co-promotion. Not sure how many fights Fedor has left with SF but I know UFC wasn't interested in doing any co-promoting when Fedor was on top and I am sure they wouldn't be interested now.

Here's a link to the 'Fedor loses to Werdum' thread...
http://www.sweetboxing.com/showthread.php?t=3634

monsa89
10-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Fedor will never fight in the UFC and the reason is dana white, the bare sole care about money any more, and although it happened Lesnar would eat the beating of his life. The Striking of Lesnar is very bad as we saw with Fedor Cain also is an expert in sambo and the sumisones.el result would be the same in the first round tko.