PDA

View Full Version : Alex Ferguson confirms Rooney wants out of Manchester United

imported_JK1700
10-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Source (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6453903,00.html)

I think if he leaves he will regret it. Where's he gonna go? Real Madrid? They confirmed they arent signing anyone in January plus Rooney isnt your typical Madrid player. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

He's going to regret this. Definetly. But it's also a huge blow for United because Rooney basically carried the team last season. But nowadays if a player wants to go then the manager is usually powerless to stop it.

Dj Si Thompson
10-19-2010, 06:25 PM
I think he's shot. He only has a year left on his contract anyway so sell him whilst we can get decent money or else he'll walk out for free! :|

AllTimeGreat
10-20-2010, 04:44 AM
I think Inter Milan will snap him up. Or possibly Barcelona. Mourinho is interested according to Australian commentary this morning of the champions league.

imported_JK1700
10-20-2010, 07:58 AM
I think Inter Milan will snap him up. Or possibly Barcelona. Mourinho is interested according to Australian commentary this morning of the champions league.

Can't see him going to Inter and working under Benitez. Barcelona maybe. Jose has said that he would like to work with him but he has Higuain and Benzema, I don't know about you but I wouldnt swap either of those for Rooney at the moment. Mourinho also said that he should stay at United, but he wants to leave to maximise his earnings and with the huge debt they have he's not going to get a 160K per week deal.

People over here seem to think he will go to Man City. That would seem strange but they could pay whatever he wants and it seems that United can't.

I think this is a big mistake from Rooney to be honest.