11-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Title says it all, the only other thing worth adding is ":hail: :hail: :hail:"

BDUB
11-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Never heard of him. :wank:

Lenny
11-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Shut it baldy, stick to your dumb american sports :hand:

Right, heres my take in a minute or less cos i gotta go to work. The title says it all, best player you have ever " Seen" not heard stories of or seen clips of actually seen in competitive games regularly over a period of time for me there aint anymore better.

I dont buy this shite oh we cant say that about him already, or he has to win a world cup first, why? he is on a different level to ANYTHING ive seen in my life time, he performs consistently above everyone else. No offence, people will throw out names like cantona, he done well over the end of his career, messi has done it since day 1. His debut, he chips a keeper after coming on and ref blows up for offisde, 5 minutes later he does the exact same thing and the goal stands.

people who chose to ignore just how special this guy really is at it.

ulster86
11-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Christiano Ronaldo > Messi :wave:

Elephant Man
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM
:hail:Best I ever seen

ulster86
11-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Ronaldo is raping him at the minute...12 goals and 5 assists in the league :owned:

Lenny
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Grant genuinley, i think Ronaldo is a superb superb player and if there was no messi he would rightly be classed as best in world, but messi is on another planet to even ronaldo.

Lenny
11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Christiano Ronaldo > Messi :wave:

United Tinted glasses, the WHOLE world agress messi is best in the world. you constantly let your united bias take over :sad:

ulster86
11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
messi is on another planet to even ronaldo.

:laughup: the stats say otherwise

Elephant Man
11-09-2010, 05:35 PM
:laugh2:Ronnie shat on Utd and ran off to Madrid and Grant still lusts after the little prick

ulster86
11-09-2010, 05:36 PM
United Tinted glasses, the WHOLE world agress messi is best in the world. you constantly let your united bias take over :sad:

Ronnie had his injury problems last year and still managed to get 26 goals in 29 games. It's stupid to say either is on another planet to each other, but Ronnie is the better player.

ulster86
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
:laugh2:Ronnie shat on Utd and ran off to Madrid and Grant still lusts after the little prick

Which makes me unbias. I can't deny greatness :cop:

Elephant Man
11-09-2010, 05:38 PM
:laugh2:Grant only lusts after him cuz he believes one day he might be back in a Utd shirt

ulster86
11-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Can't can't argue the facts so attacks poor Trotter :sad:

Elephant Man
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Can't can't argue the facts so attacks poor Trotter :sad:

:sad:The thought of Ronnie returning to Utd has made Grant start stuttering in excitement.

ulster86
11-09-2010, 05:53 PM
:hail: top scorer

:hail: top assists

:hail: 2011 world player of the year

TommyGunn
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Ronaldo > Messi :wave:

CR7 will break R-9's goals in a season record this year

LeedsLad
11-09-2010, 08:48 PM
In all comps:

Messi - 14 appearances - 16 goals - 6 assists
Ronaldo - 15 appearances - 12 goals - 5 assists

Messi > Ronaldo this season and overall:cop:

Lenny
11-10-2010, 12:36 AM
In all comps:

Messi - 14 appearances - 16 goals - 6 assists
Ronaldo - 15 appearances - 12 goals - 5 assists

Messi > Ronaldo this season and overall:cop:

Tom please dont use real stats to be right in arguments. Grant as you say the stats dont lie :wave:

:point:

ulster86
11-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Lenny only shows his face again after Tom posts stats...which happen to be inaccurate btw :point:

Ronaldo's scored 12 league goals and one CL goal which equals 13. That's what happens when you use wiki as a source :laugh:

Noone gives a shit about the Spanish cup so if you disclude that they've got 13 each. Real have had the tougher fixtures so far and a much tougher CL group.

Ronnie is the better player and you'll be eating humble pie come the end of the season :wave:

Lenny
11-10-2010, 01:02 AM
literally ive just got home from work grant :facepalm:

Fact, Messi is the world player of the year, therefore he is the best player in the world. when someone elses wins it you can dispute it. but everyone throughout the world agress messi is the best, it aint a knock on ronaldo i think Jose will have him playing better football than he ever has in his career but messi is just on another level where no one else is.

ulster86
11-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Total bollocks Stephen...neither are on another level to each other but both are on another level to the rest of the world.

Rooney was the PL player of the season so does that automatically mean he's the best player currently in the league? Do you see what I'm getting at? On current form and the last few seasons there hasn't been much between them. To say Messi's on another planet is foolish :cop:

Lenny
11-10-2010, 01:15 AM
ronaldo left the premier league 2 years ago, but yeah he was by far and away the best player in his last season in england. Messi has proved consistently time after time in big game after big game just how good he is.

heres the guts of the argument, no pundit, ex pro, ex manager or current manager ever ever talks about Ronaldo being possibly the best player who ever lived, they talk about Messi like that, constantly. but if you know better so be it.

Messi is on another level to everyone. dont take that personal, Form is temporary, class is permanent. ronaldo may be on good run of form but messi will have more goals and more assits come the end of the season.

ulster86
11-10-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm aware of when Ronaldo left England...not sure what that has to do with anything :laugh:

A run of form? he's been great for the last 4 seasons :rofl:

Lenny
11-10-2010, 12:38 PM
you were the who brought up ronaldo in the PL grant, not me.

Again, you claim something no other pindit or ex pro manager etc.. does, nothing anyone says will convince me otherwise.

Elephant Man
11-10-2010, 02:33 PM
:rofl:Grant would kill his family to have the little wizard at old trafford

:laugh2:The fat cunts would even put their prawn sandwiches down in wonder at what the little man can do with a football

:wave:He wont ever return to Utd Grant,u can take his cock out your mouth now

ulster86
11-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Who are all the people claiming Messi is the GOAT? There are obviously going to be more comparisons with Messi and Maradona because they are from the same country, same sort of size and play the game in the same way.

Ronaldo's stats and individual awards are neck and neck with Messi's...not bad for someone who is apparently not on the same level.

Lenny
11-10-2010, 02:52 PM
everyone in football grant, messi is regularly discussed as being possibly the best player ever, ronaldo has never been mentioned in the same breath.

i aint knocking ronaldo, i know you think i am but i aint.

Elephant Man
11-10-2010, 02:54 PM
:sad:Lenny schooling Grant on football

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:02 PM
just because he is the most expensive player doesnt mean hes the best player in the world. simple fact, if barca were to ever sell messi, it would far outweigh what ever madrid paid for ronaldo also.

ulster86
11-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Let's see a list of names of credible people claiming Messi is the GOAT :laugh:

A lot of people are comparing Messi with Ronaldo so you can't have it both ways. Like I said the stats and awards are very similar...try to argue that instead of bringing up other peoples opinions :laugh:

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
comparring messi with ronaldo? in what way? they are different players. share similarities but very different players.

ulster86
11-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious Stephen, I mean comparing as in who the better player is seeing as they're both on fire atm

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Gerry Armstrong has hailed Lionel Messi as the best player in the world — even better than George Best at his peak.

Northern Ireland’s 1982 World Cup hero, who played alongside Best and against some of the game’s greats including Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff and Michel Platini, now believes that Barcelona’s talisman is in “a league of his own”.

Spanish football television pundit Armstrong looked on in disbelief as the little Argentinian netted two consecutive La Liga hat-tricks and says the current ‘World Player of the Year’ is the greatest of them all.

“I have played against (Michel) Platini, (Diego) Maradona, (Johan) Cruyff and played with George Best — a lot of big names, but none of them has been able to do what Messi does,” said Armstrong. Two years ago I said that the best player I played against was Maradona and the best player I have played with was Bestie. But I can now say I have never seen a player as good as Messi.

“He’s in a league of his own.”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/gerry-armstrong-lionel-messi--is-the-greatest-14746192.html#ixzz14tT2Xfkr

there are many many many many more people who think the same, at least i aint on my own. :sad:

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:31 PM
the great man himself

Argentina coach Diego Maradona has claimed Lionel Messi is 'playing a kick-about with Jesus.'

Maradona, who many believe to be the greatest player of all time, has been full of praise for Messi since his four brilliant goals knocked Arsenal out of the Champions League.

Maradona said: 'Leo's at a select level, is the best in the world and a star at Barca.
Messi

Simply brilliant: Messi wowed the watching world with his performance against Arsenal on Tuesday

'He is playing kick-about with Jesus and, at the end of his career, we'll see who is the all-time greatest.

'But he's on the right path. He's mature and full of will.

Pundits have again compared Messi to the legendary Maradona since his superb performance on Tuesday night at the Nou Camp.

The Argentina coach himself said: 'The Maradona and Pele comparisons will end and the best thing is Messi is Argentine.

'How could I not be happy for Messi to win the World Cup?'

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Lionel Messi has many devotees. The 22-year-old Barcelona forward is undoubtedly the most talented player on the planet, but how does he rank against the greats of the game?

As far as trophies are concerned, Messi has won everything the club game has to offer, playing a major part in Barcelona’s historic 2009 six-trophy haul.

That year, Messi was named European Footballer of the Year, Spanish Footballer of the Year, and World Footballer of the Year. In short, Messi is fantastic.

In a world that lacks the same level of talent football has had in previous eras, Messi stands out as a player of supreme ability, a genius if you will.

The 5'6" maestro is simply mesmeric to watch.

Rarely is the ball allowed to leave his incredible sphere of influence. When he is in control of the ball it might as well be glued to his foot.

Like many of the greatest players before him, Lionel Messi is a player who excites fans and causes alarm in defenders at the same rate, to such an extent that whole teams and managers go out of their way to neutralise the prodigy. This, in effect, releases space for his teammates to exploit.

The last player to cause such terror in defences was his international manager, Diego Armando Maradona.

While Cristiano Ronaldo may be the closest players on the planet to even come near reaching the greatness Messi has to offer, even he falls into shadow when comparing the talents the two players have to offer.

One of the areas that critics of the Portuguese have always been able to point to is his weak character. Far too often does Ronaldo allow the occasion get to him.

Think back to the UEFA Champions League Final in 2009 between Barcelona and Manchester United, or even Portugal’s recent defeat to Spain. The manner of his performances are uncannily similar.

The boy from Madeira’s performance was self-centered and self-indulgent on both occasions and built upon his own egotistical desires when his team needed their biggest player to pull something out of the fire.

In 2009, La Blaugrana ripped the Red Devils to pieces with a performance of clinical beauty. Messi put in a fantastic team display and was not Barca’s best player on the night, but the contrast shows the difference between the two players. Messi is a team player whereas Ronaldo wants his teams to play for him, and if the team benefits from his good performance then so be it.

Johann Cruyff summed the difference up perfectly when he said, “It is impossible to put a price on his greatness, not only for the way he takes responsibility on behalf of the team, but also because of his generosity of spirit [on the pitch].”

The moral courage that Messi shows is something that all great players have, and the little Argentinean has it in spades.

He always shows for his players and supports from angles that that are easy to take advantage of. He is also unafraid to take the ball in tight positions, this particular skill and fearlessness means that an out ball to Messi is always on option for a player under pressure.

When he does eventually get on the ball, he is almost unstoppable. His train of thought is swift, his dribbling ability rapier like, and his capacity to change direction and confound defenders is like something from a video game.

Messi has everything in terms of individual skill and in terms of the team game, so it is little wonder that people are beginning to compare him to the greats of the game.

Current Barcelona President Joan Laporta even went as far as to say, “He is the greatest player in the world and in the history of football.”

Laporta may not be the most objective of judges, he basically owning Messi and all, but what he says is worth listening to.

Players of Messi’s stature come along once every generation. Alfredo Di Stefano in the ‘40s, Pele in the ‘50s, George Best and Johann Cruyff in the ‘60s, and Diego Maradona in the ‘70s.

It says much on the state of the game and the evolution of defensive coaching that a player of the calibre of the ones mentioned has not appeared in the world game since the mid-‘70s.

Messi is the first player in almost 40 years to even come close to matching the records set before him.

When Alfredo Di Stefano joined River Plate in 1943, few would have thought that the youth on show would go down as one of the game's greatest ever exponents of centre forward play.

Famed for his part in Real Madrid’s domination of the European Cup in the ‘50s, the Argentinean’s future career was defined by his first five years in the game.

Between 1945 and 1950 Di Stefano played for San Lorenzo, River Plate, and Millionarios, scoring 97 goals in 134 games.

The next great player to enter the game was Pele. Edson Errantes De Nasciamento made his debut for Santos in 1957. Over the next five years he scored an incredible 202 goals in 257 matches.

Johann Cruyff was part of the famous Ajax side that won the European Cup three times a row in the early ‘70s and inspired Rinus Michels's “Total Football” through his phenomenal technical ability and speed of thought. He made his first appearance for Ajax in 1964, between then and 1969 he scored 164 goals in 202 matches.

The last player on the list, and the greatest according to many, is Diego Maradona. The scorer of the greatest World Cup goal of all time scored 144 goals in 206 games between 1976 and 1981.

How does Messi compare?

The Flea made his debut for Barcelona in the 2004/05 season against Espanyol. Since then he has scored 127 goals in 214 games.

His record is highly favourable, especially when you consider that Messi plays in an era where players are fitter than ever before and where tactics have reached new levels.

Of course. it is worth pointing out too that Messi never had to, or will ever have to, endure the levels of physical abuse his predecessors were forced to.

One amazing stat that jumps right out is that, of the players mentioned, three of the five played, or play for, Barcelona, and Alfredo Di Stefano was a Barcelona player until FIFA stepped in.

Will Messi ever reach the same kind of status afforded to the likes of Pele and Maradona? Only time will tell.

His current manager, Pep Guardiola, has an opinion on the player that is also worth listening to…

“Messi is the greatest footballer I have ever seen…or expect to ever see.”

Elephant Man
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
:owned:Lenny dishing out the rape on Ulster now...have we got a ref to stop this massacre?

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Former Barcelona star Ronald de Boer has revealed how he told Frank Rijkaard he didn’t think Lionel Messi would make it five years ago. Messi was taking part in the FIFA World Youth Championship in the summer of 2005 while Rijkaard, then Messi’s manager at Barcelona, and de Boer were holidaying in the Caribbean.

De Boer felt the weight of expectation was weighing the 17-year-old South American superstar down and he was losing focus trying to play 10 different positions. Rijkaard disagreed and completely ignored his advice and after Messi inspired Barca to three La Liga titles and two Champions League triumphs de Boer reckons he might have called it wrong.

He told the Daily Record: “I remember going on holiday with Frank Rijkaard to Aruba and we watched Messi playing in the FIFA Youth Championship. “Frank kept raving about him because he was already at Barcelona but I didn’t think he played a great tournament. I told Frank that he was trying to do too much and wasn’t focused enough. I said he needed to play more as team player. Frank said if he just told him to stay in the penalty box it would restrict him.

“He told me Messi had to play with his instinct and that if you try to limit him then you take away what is so special. I think he has proved me wrong because a year later he was in the Barcelona first team and taking La Liga by storm. Frank worked with him daily so had much knowledge of his capabilities. That’s why he was so convinced the boy was something special. I think we saw that against Arsenal although I was not surprised by his performance against as I have seen him play even better games.”

He said: “Messi has already achieved much more than Maradona did at the same stage of his career. He is so influential for Barcelona and Argentina and keeps on winning the big prizes. There is no limit to what he can achieve and if he can win a World Cup he can lay claim to being the best there has ever been.

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Thierry Henry has joined the growing list complimenting Lionel Messi’s world-class display for Barcelona against Arsenal.

The gifted Argentina international was in sensational form on Tuesday after helping himself to four goals in Barca’s 6-3 aggregate triumph over Arsenal in UEFA Champions League action. Henry did not feature in the second half against his former club as Pep Guardiola gave some of his up-and-coming stars like Pedro and Bojan Krkic the chance to shine.

The French striker has been playing at the highest level of football for many years and insists he has seen nothing like the quality of Messi from anyone else.

“Leo is not human. That is the truth,” he told L’Equipe. “Frankly, I’ve not seen a player with such mastery with the ball for so long, a player capable to eliminate adversaries at such pace and so easily. If I tried to do the same, I’d fall! Each time he does one step he touches the ball. After his fourth goal, I said to myself I have to stand up and applaud him. It was amazing.

“Like any great player he’s a fighter, he can’t lose. During training sessions if his team loses 2-1, he gets the ball, dribbles around everyone and scores, and we start again from scratch. On Tuesday in the changing room, I came and started to look at him. He told me: ‘What?’ I laughed and left. What can you say to such a guy? He is so strong.”

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:37 PM
The eulogies came cascading down after Lionel Messi’s four-goal Nou Camp salvo which destroyed Arsenal in the Champions League. At 1.69-metre Messi is no physical giant, but like fellow Argentine Diego Maradona before him, his low centre of gravity and lower body strength make him almost unplayable on current form and Tuesday’s showing made him the first player to score four times in a Champions League knockout round. Marco Van Basten, Simone Inzaghi, Dado Prso, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Andrei Shevchenko had all performed the feat – but only in group matches.

Barca’s honorary chairman Johan Cruyff also eulogised the Argentine in his column for El Periodico newspaper. In Cruyff’s view what makes Messi great is that he keeps it simple – but does the simple things with panache. “You see Messi and you think he’s doing impossible things. You seem him move, run, dribble, score and you think – he’s a genius, he does the most difficult things. “But that’s not it. What’s great about Messi is he does very simple things. Or that he does what appears to us to be difficult simply and coolly,” said the Dutch maestro, who led Barce to their first European Cup in 1992.

“Why is he the best player in the world? Because he has the ability to do difficult things without suffering, without getting in a flap. “Leo floats around the pitch. Sometimes you think he isn’t there, that he is hiding. “But he is there. And his opponents know it.”

Elephant Man
11-10-2010, 03:38 PM
http://mghonlinestore.com/images/PT38_Folded_White_ST06.jpg

:sad:Someone throw it in for Grant please

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Pep Guardiola

“Put in the superlatives yourselves, I’m running out. It’s already been a while now that he has been outstanding. He’s more than decisive in every way. That he’s capable of doing everything that he does at his age is something impressive, that doesn’t make any sense.

“The best players are always in the thick of the action. (Michael) Jordan did it with the Bulls, (Kobe) Bryant does it with the Lakers and Leo does it here. We want him to stay with us because he’s the best and we wouldn’t swap him for anyone.”

“Messi is an irreplaceable player, today if he was here we would have won 5-0 but he was not and we had to play another in his place.”

Diego Maradona

“I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Messi. Messi is a genius and he can become an even better player.”

“His potential is limitless and I think he’s got everything it takes to become Argentina’s greatest player.”

“Messi I think is like me, he is the best in the world along with Ronaldinho.”

Frank Rijkaard

“He’s a unique player and he deserves it, because he can do things of almost imperceptible excellence and is a gem to watch.”

Johann Cruyff

“He deserves ten out of ten for doing what he does. He is a sensation, but still he can improve. He must know when to move the ball on quickly and when to try the impossible mission. When he learns this, he won’t win a single Golden Ball, but an entire collection.”

Carlos Tevez

“His speed is astonishing. It’s amazing how he can go 1 to 100 in just one second. I’m constantly around great players like Cristiano and Rooney, But this guy is just a step up above every other great footballer out there at the moment, Not only is he quick, determined, and extremely intelligent on the ball, but his movement off the ball is just as fantastic – unbelievable to sum it up in a word.”

Juan Sebastian Veron

“I see Maradona every time he grabs the ball and accelerates. We must protect him. I’d personally put him in a drawer of my bedside table.”

Gilberto

“Messi’s plaudits are hard to accept, we play in other countries and we do not see the local fans supporting our players there. Over 40 thousand Brazilians applauded, and that’s hard for who is on the field. When I see them applauding Messi I get annoyed.”

Julio Grondona

“Without Messi there isn’t a team for Argentina, Messi is brilliant, different, with a strong mentality. Let’s hope he doesn’t change.”

Jose Mourinho

“The best way to stop Messi is when you play with 11 men and then you can double mark him, one player to stay on him and the other to help out. If it is 11 against 10 then you have almost no chance of stopping him.”

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

“Nobody was so wonderful at 19 years, neither Pele nor Maradona.”

Fernando Gago

“For me, the best in the world is Messi because of the way he plays, moves with the ball and changes matches, Messi has incredible ability and I love the way that he plays.”

“Messi is the best player in the world by some way, I always thank God that he is an Argentine, not just as a player, but as a person too. I have known him since I was 18, he is incredible, a very good person and we are very good friends. Right now, he is at another club, and we have a little bit of a rivalry, but the friendship is larger and stronger.”

Theirry Henry

“I have the possibility to watch Messi in training each morning, and because of what he demonstrates he is the best player in the world, he stated during a press conference. It is a pleasure to watch him, and because of the way he plays he is an undisputed leader of the Barcelona team.”

Antonio Cassano

“Ronaldinho is better than Cristiano Ronaldo, but neither are as good as Leo Messi.”

Sergio Aguero

“Nowadays, Messi is better than Ronaldinho. He is the best footballer in the world right now. And I’m not the only who says so. Everyone who has seen him play says so too.”

Pele

“I knew when we gave Kaka the FIFA World Player of the Year award that he (messi) would become the best player in the world. With young people like him we need patience and that is the problem we have in Brazil.”

Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva

“When I see Messi – who is the best player in the world in my opinion – lose the ball, he runs off until he gets it back or commits a foul. Our guys lose the ball and fold their arms.”

Juan Laporta

“This year at Barcelona team spirit is dominating but players like Messi show there is individuality too. He is a virtuoso player who is determined and fast with the ball at his feet….he is a mixture of Maradona and Cruyff.”

Carles Puyol

“He is a spectacular player, there is nobody else like him. I should not because I have suffered so much in training. I think he is the best forward at the moment and I think he will be so for many more years. He has his feet on the ground.”

Cesc Fabregas

“He has a great future if he can stay clear of injuries. For me, he is the best there is.”

Ronaldinho

“Every time he plays, Leo Messi reminds me more of Maradona, both left-footed and short, Messi is the best player in the world, along with Kak√° and Cristiano Ronaldo. For us it is not a surprise. Since he began to come and train with us and we knew we would go down this path. Someday I will explain that I was at the birth of one of the footballing greats: Leo Messi.”

Txiki Begiristain

“He is priceless. Right now, in Messi, Barcelona has the best soccer player on planet Earth.”

Marcello Lippi

“The best? Messi”

Daniel Alves

“Lionel Messi? When I played against him at Sevilla it was always very difficult, so now I’m pleased that we’re on the same side. He’s just fantastic.”

Mikel Arteta

“It is as if someone commands him from the stands, like a video game. I have never seen a human run with the ball at that speed. I have not seen Maradona so I cannot compare, but Messi is simply unbeatable.”

Raul

“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred percent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible!”

Xavi

“It is clear that Messi is on a level above all others. Those who do not see that are blind.”

Johnny Heitinga

“I believe that I played well against Barcelona, the problem was that Lionel Messi was simply unstoppable.”

Arsene Wenger

“He’s like a PlayStation”

read them. that should be enough of a list for you.

Elephant Man
11-10-2010, 03:44 PM
:laugh:Grants ran off and I aint surprised

Lenny
11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Let's see a list of names of credible people claiming Messi is the GOAT :laugh:

A lot of people are comparing Messi with Ronaldo so you can't have it both ways. Like I said the stats and awards are very similar...try to argue that instead of bringing up other peoples opinions :laugh:

as per your request,please see above.

like i said, i never claimed ronaldo wasnt a super super star, i just said it aint no messi.

Elephant Man
11-10-2010, 11:23 PM
:wave:Grant duckin this thread still

ulster86
11-11-2010, 12:17 AM
:laughup: how many of those guys are fuckin Barca/ex Barca/Argentina? That's the best you can come up with? :rofl:

You first article is from last season...I agreed Messi was the player of the season last year already. Tell me how many of those claimed he was the GOAT. Don't duck this Stephen...I see a lot claiming he was the player of the season but I r already said he was the best player last season so that proves nothing. Explain why you consider him to be "on another planet" to Ronaldo. Instead of posting what a few ex Barca players biased opinion is why don't you form your own and explain what separates them because the statistics say otherwise.

Lenny
11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
oh jesus save me tonight.

Grant stats dont tell the full story. if you want stats, messi has scored all his goals with a 3rd of the amount of shots ronaldo has :wave:

the whole point to an argument is you put forward your case and back it up with other views and opinions that support your argument.

if ronaldo had never of played for united you wouldnt bother arguing the case. :wave:

ulster86
11-13-2010, 12:26 PM
You hate Ronaldo because of the times he ripped Arsenal to shreds :wave:

So what if Messi has had 1/3 of the shots? Ronaldo tries a lot more speculative attempts...hating on the man for shooting too much now :sad:

Ronnie is better and you know this Father Len :cop:

Jord
11-27-2010, 02:42 PM
:owned: Messi > Ronaldo