PDA

View Full Version : Steven Gerrard : The Most Arrogant Player In World Football.

AllTimeGreat
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
After achieving next to nothing for England. And with Liverpool going so badly recently. Gerrard has kept up his arrogant pre and post world cup trash talk. Saying England destroyed Switzerland.

Now i use to be a big Gerrard fan. But have been sick of him bagging other countries out. Saying England expected to win and they have to much class and things like that. when in fact they have achieved very little in world football recently.

And Gerrard has been quite embarassing for England on a number of occasions.

England captain Steven Gerrard was in bullish mood after seeing his side "tear apart" Switzerland in Tuesday night's Euro 2012 qualifier in Basel.
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/2010/0907/waynerooneycelebvsui20100907_275x155.jpgGettyImage s
Wayne Rooney celebrates in Switzerland

The Three Lions followed up Friday's eye-catching 4-0 victory over Bulgaria with an equally composed 3-1 win against the Swiss tonight.
Wayne Rooney netted his first England goal for a year after 10 minutes, and after Switzerland had Stephan Lichtsteiner sent off Adam Johnson made it 2-0.
Xherdan Shaqiri reduced the arrears before Darren Bent wrapped up the points two minutes from time, and Gerrard felt England were good value for the margin of their victory.
"I think the first-half performance was perfect," Gerrard told Sky Sports. "Everything the manager asked of us, we got the gameplan spot on. People were talking about how good Switzerland are defensively, but we just tore them apart."
"I think we got a little bit lazy in the second half, they came into the game, but it was never in doubt.
Reflecting on Rooney's goal, which came after several days of negative headlines about his private life, Gerrard said: "I think that's great for Wayne.
"Obviously all the talk in the build-up was about Wayne so it was nice for him to get the early goal and I'm sure that's helped his performance. Tonight he was terrific, like he was on Friday, and I'm sure he'll be great for us throughout the qualification."
Gerrard added: "I think a lot of credit's deserved tonight after beating Switzerland 3-1. It should have been five or six."
England manager Fabio Capello was delighted with the display, which continued his side's run of impressive performances following on the disappointment of their World Cup campaign.
"I think we played, in the first half, fantastic football," Capello said. "This game was very important to win, but we played really, really well. I was really happy after the first half. The second half we probably played too slow, and I think after the second goal and [the sending off] it was more easier."
On Rooney's performance, Capello added: "I think he played well. He was always at the centre of the play, the centre of the movement. I think the pressure was really strong on him, but he played very well."
The only sour note from an English perspective was an injury picked up by Theo Walcott which forced to Arsenal winger off the pitch and necessitated a trip to hospital.
Capello hinted, however, that the injury was not as serious as it appeared. "It's a little problem or not so big problem," he said.

Source (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=821274&sec=euro2012&cc=3436)

AllTimeGreat
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
If you need more info check out how the media reacted to his comments throughout the world cup. And how he bashed a club patron for not listening to him to change the music in an entire club, because he requested it. :))

imported_Nothingman
09-07-2010, 10:58 PM
After achieving next to nothing for England. And with Liverpool going so badly recently. Gerrard has kept up his arrogant pre and post world cup trash talk. Saying England destroyed Switzerland.

Now i use to be a big Gerrard fan. But have been sick of him bagging other countries out. Saying England expected to win and they have to much class and things like that. when in fact they have achieved very little in world football recently.

Not his fault the team SUCKS! He's their best player by far and one of the best English midfielders ever, so even if he gets arrogant sometimes, I give him the pass.

MvK
09-15-2010, 04:14 PM
have you heard of this guy called zlatan? i hear hes a bit of an arrogant twat. and as much as it hurts me to say it (being a man city fan), Robinho.

MvK
09-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Not his fault the team SUCKS! He's their best player by far and one of the best English midfielders ever, so even if he gets arrogant sometimes, I give him the pass.

you must be shitting me!!! Torres is their KEY player. Liverpool with both playing at a high level are great, but Gerrard seems to have his best years behind him.

Sweet Sugar
09-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Gerrard is a fantastic footballer one of the worlds best over the last decade and captained liverpool to Champions League glory, anyone who thinks he isnt a great player doesnt know football or is talking out his asse

imported_Nothingman
09-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Gerrard is a fantastic footballer one of the worlds best over the last decade and captained liverpool to Champions League glory, anyone who thinks he isnt a great player doesnt know football or is talking out his asse
Well said man, welcome!:)>-

Dj Si Thompson
09-16-2010, 12:46 PM

Gerrard wishes he could only be a quarter of Paul Scholes in his prime 1996-2000

imported_Nothingman
09-16-2010, 05:34 PM
I was referring to the English team when I said it sucks btw, not Liverpool.:P

Dj Si Thompson
09-16-2010, 06:07 PM
I was referring to the English team when I said it sucks btw, not Liverpool.:P

Even if you ment Liverpool you'd be right as they are shocking this season! Win the Premiership my arse! They'll go another 21 years and the rest :))

imported_JK1700
10-19-2010, 02:17 PM
More like the most hypocritical player in world football - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

I don't rate him to be honest. People say he is world class but in reality he's very, very overrated. If you don't believe me then ask yourself...........If Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres were REALLY that good then why are Liverpool in the bottom 3?

Overrated divers. Both of them.