PDA

View Full Version : Bellator 33: Alvarez vs. Huerta

Obama
09-03-2010, 12:48 AM
http://neweratickets-t.neolane.net/res/net/ac52fc86023ba838d8c6941699d96a1c.jpg

The Liacouras Center welcomes Bellator Fighting Championships to Philadelphia Thursday, October 21st at 6:30pm for world-class Nationally televised (Fox & NBC) MMA action. Bellator Fighting Championships showcases many of the world’s top Mixed Martial Artists as they display elite world-class skills in boxing, wrestling, jiu-jitsu, muay thai, judo, karate and much more in a tournament style championship format unlike any other large-scale televised MMA promotion.

At “Bellator 33: Alvarez vs. Huerta”, the World’s top Lightweight MMA fighter, explosive Bellator Lightweight World Champion Eddie Alvarez fights in his hometown of Philadelphia for the first-time ever as he takes on electrifying former UFC star Roger “El Matador” Huerta in one of the most highly-anticipated fights of the year. Two of the biggest stars in MMA collide as Alvarez promises to put on a show for his hometown fans and Huerta looks to spoil the homecoming for the fighting pride of Philadelphia.

---------------------

I got an email from my alma mater that this is coming to North Philly. Too bad I don't really know the fighters involved.

redwallet
09-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Alvarez can put on a show and should against Huerta.

Huerta was pushed hard by the UFC but was never really impressive...I guess smart on Bellator for name recognition, but there are some lucky 'W's' in his record. Doug Evans?