PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Dj Si Thompson
08-08-2010, 04:55 PM
A great start to the season.. Paul Scholes was quality today and even Berbatov looked a different player! I'm liking the look of that Hernandez too. Hopefully this is a start of form that will continue for the new seaon in 6 days! :)

Charity Shield goes back to Old Trafford!

ovylord
08-08-2010, 04:57 PM
GO Barca !!!!

Dj Si Thompson
08-08-2010, 08:23 PM
GO Barca !!!!

F**k Barca!

funishment
08-08-2010, 09:37 PM
You are right about Manu. Great start to the season and man of the match was for me definetly Paul Scholes.
But...
Chelsea is performing really higly under there level so this start of Manu is nothing special if you ask me.
I saw Chelsea now the forth time playing (friendly games against Ajax Amsterdam, Eintracht Frankfurt, Hamburger SV and this game against Manu) Result 4 loses, 4:10 Goalscore!
Granted at the first games against Amsterdam and Frankfurt there was
at best a b-squad on the field but against Hamburg and Manu it was
something like the first team and the results wasnt better.
Chelseas defense was in all games disastrous jumbled.
And the second or third goalie Henrique Hilario was always overchallenged
with the easiest situations.
The only players performing in shape (or a little bit under) of last season was Michael Essien, Frank Lampard, Florent Malouda and Salomon Kalou.
The rest of the team looked to me just like a big construction area with a lot to do.

imported_ulster86
08-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Feeling optimistic ahead of the new season, Berbatov and Hernandez have been in good form so we've got a lot of options up front. Hernandez has world class written all over him and looks a great bit of business for £7m.

Layton
08-09-2010, 03:00 AM
we.l soon see what the season brings now the charity shield means fuck all

imported_ulster86
08-09-2010, 12:57 PM
we.l soon see what the season brings now the charity shield means fuck all

It's not a major trophy but 4 of the last 5 seasons the team who has won it went on to win the league. If anything it's good for confidence to get off to a good start.

Dj Si Thompson
08-09-2010, 06:52 PM
You are right about Manu. Great start to the season and man of the match was for me definetly Paul Scholes.
But...
Chelsea is performing really higly under there level so this start of Manu is nothing special if you ask me.
I saw Chelsea now the forth time playing (friendly games against Ajax Amsterdam, Eintracht Frankfurt, Hamburger SV and this game against Manu) Result 4 loses, 4:10 Goalscore!
Granted at the first games against Amsterdam and Frankfurt there was
at best a b-squad on the field but against Hamburg and Manu it was
something like the first team and the results wasnt better.
Chelseas defense was in all games disastrous jumbled.
And the second or third goalie Henrique Hilario was always overchallenged
with the easiest situations.
The only players performing in shape (or a little bit under) of last season was Michael Essien, Frank Lampard, Florent Malouda and Salomon Kalou.
The rest of the team looked to me just like a big construction area with a lot to do.

I agree mate. I must say though all Chelsea's big players went missing, Lampard, Terry, Drogba and the one who looked good was the new lad Sturridge! I hope United can land Ozil and i'd be happy with our chances this year! Even Van der sar looked commanding in goal :)

funishment
08-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Even without the Özil transfer to Manu I would still rate your chances pretty high (Özil spent his vacation/holiday in Spain and the media here said that he was in negotiations with Real and Barca. Transferexperts predicted that he has received bounty/hand-money already of one of them for the next season. All he said about transfer rumors or stories about his future,
I have a contract to Werder Bremen to 30.06.2011 and i will fulfil it).
Sometimes i think Van der Saar wants to break, Seamans title as
oldest goalie professional =)
Almost 40 and still playing on top pro. level, respect and nothing but respect!

Your team is working great already.
Like last season i think the usual suspects for the title will be Manu, Chelsea, Arsenal and Mancity.

If the negative trend of Chelsea will continue in the first games of the season and Manus possitive will grow this could be the key in the end
result to have a few points advantage over Chelsea.

How many money did Mancity´s sheik´s put into the team of this year? =)
There are something like ten new names on this years list of players...
every wednesday when my sportmagazine has made his way into the
mailbox/letter box and i open it up theres another story in front of Mancity`s
new transfers and players they wish for the very next future.
I always imagine then this frustrated sheik´s at home trying to built up
another team year for year to fail again at the end. Cause they dont get
it, money isnt shooting the goals, it needs a working team and every year
they built up another completly different team to destroy the work of pre
seasons. I think they will fail this year again.

To be honest havent heard anything of Arsenal for a while. But i think thats a good sign to me. This youngster team is always the underdog in the race
about the english crown but this year Arsene Wenger could reaps what he sows years ago. Arsenal will be the chief opponent for the coming season of Manu if all predicted comes true.

If your team is really looking for an offensive-midfielder instead of Özil who can fit into this team and can handle the speed and create some room for the attackers they should take a close look at Diego of Juventus Turin former know as Özil´s master. Excellent midfielder in the same price-class.

I hope so bad for another duel of Manu vs Bayern in Championsleaugue
because games like they did before are always the reason why i love this sport.

Sorry for my long messages and bad english.
If it comes to football i just love to debate about it and even if iam not used to do it in english i´ll try my best to master it, better and shorter for the future.