Group G :

1. Brazil
2. Ivory Coast

Group H :

1. Spain
2. Chile

Sweet Pea
05-30-2010, 08:03 AM
You got Paraguay finishing ahead of the Azzurri? I don't know about that. Italy may not be as strong as they have been in recent years but they'll dispose of the teams in their group.

scotsirishwithswagga
05-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Im going with Brazil guys, they're very strong in all depts except maybe midfield.

Italy have no chance sweet pea bout time they placed a bit of faith in their youngsters instead of tring to lure the likes of nesta out of retirement.

AllTimeGreat
05-30-2010, 09:37 AM
You got Paraguay finishing ahead of the Azzurri? I don't know about that. Italy may not be as strong as they have been in recent years but they'll dispose of the teams in their group.

Italy are lacking some strikers in this tournament. They will be there towards the end though. Yeh reason is they do start slow.

AllTimeGreat
05-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Miccoli should have been there.

Sweet Pea
05-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Im going with Brazil guys, they're very strong in all depts except maybe midfield.

Italy have no chance sweet pea bout time they placed a bit of faith in their youngsters instead of tring to lure the likes of nesta out of retirement.

Three things:

1) Italy won't win.

2) Italy have never placed faith in their youngsters. They've always gone for experience and so far it's won them the World Cup 4 times.

3) Nesta has had a pretty damn good season. He's still one of the best in the world.

Italy are lacking some strikers in this tournament. They will be there towards the end though. Yeh reason is they do start slow.

Borriello, Di Natale, Pazzini, Rossi & Quagliarela looks good to me.

Miccoli should have been there.

Would have like to have seen Miccoli and Cassano make the squad but Lippi picked a poor squad.

I hope he keeps Bonucci, Rossi & Bochetti in the squad but knowing him he'll drop them.

imported_Nothingman
05-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Group A:
1. France
2. South Africa

Group B:
1. Argentina
2. Nigeria

Group C:
1. England
2. Algeria

Group D:
1. Germany
2. Serbia (sorry ATG!:P)

Group E:
1. Netherlands
2. Cameroon

Group F:
1. Italy
2. Paraguay

Group G:
1. Brazil
2. Ivory Coast

Group H:
1. Spain
2. Chile

C, D, E and G are pretty tough to figure out tho. I do believe Cameroon with Eto'o leading them have a chance to go to the second round, because Denmark only has Bendtner who is too young and Tomasson who is too old. Jørgensen is solid, but he too has seen many games. Rommedahl is also a veteran. And USA looks good on paper but I think Algeria has the spirit, that matters a lot.
I'm not really 100% sure that Serbia will manage it. Australia has the chance too, definitely, but they have much less experience in world cups than Serbians, who played as a part of Yugoslavia in so many world cups. Maybe that won't matter.

AllTimeGreat
05-30-2010, 01:15 PM
As Crazy as it sounds i think New Zealand could make the 2nd stage. Serbia got beaten by them in the warm up. I agree Serbia is a formidabble side.

AllTimeGreat
05-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Three things:

1) Italy won't win.

2) Italy have never placed faith in their youngsters. They've always gone for experience and so far it's won them the World Cup 4 times.

3) Nesta has had a pretty damn good season. He's still one of the best in the world.

Borriello, Di Natale, Pazzini, Rossi & Quagliarela looks good to me.

Would have like to have seen Miccoli and Cassano make the squad but Lippi picked a poor squad.

I hope he keeps Bonucci, Rossi & Bochetti in the squad but knowing him he'll drop them.

I think Spain will win. You guys know Brazil left out Pato and Ronaldinho. :-ss

Rawly
05-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Group A: 1) France 2) South Africa 3) Uruguay 4) Mexico

Group B: 1) Argentina 2) Nigeria 3) South Korea 4) Greece

Group C: 1) England 2) USA 3) Algeria 4) Slovenia

Group D: 1) Germany 2) Ghana 3) Australia 4) Serbia

Group E: 1) Netherlands 2) Denmark 3) Cameroon 4) Japan

Group F: 1) Italy 2) Paraguay 3) Slovakia 4) New Zealand

Group G: 1) Brazil 2) Portugal 3) Ivory Coast 4) North Korea

Group H: 1) Spain 2) Switzerland 3) Chile 4) Honduras

Round of 16 teams: France, South Africa, Argentina, Nigeria, England, USA, Germany, Ghana, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Paraguay, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland
Quarterfinal teams: France, England, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy, Spain
Semifinal teams: England, Brazil, Germany, Spain
Finalists: Brazil, Spain
You picked Spain to win World Cup 2010

made this over @

http://bracket.worldcupblog.org/

imported_Nothingman
05-30-2010, 07:04 PM
I picked Argentina to win. Even if I'd like Spain to win, I somehow doubt they will. I think they will get to the semifinals and then lose honorably. Argentina just has too many great players, even if Cambiasso is excluded from the troup.

Sweet Pea
05-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Group A: 1) France 2) Mexico 3) South Africa 4) Uruguay

Group B: 1) Greece 2) Argentina 3) South Korea 4) Nigeria

Group F: 1) Italy 2) Slovakia 3) Paraguay 4) New Zealand

Group G: 1) Brazil 2) Ivory Coast 3) Portugal 4) North Korea

Round of 16 teams: France, Mexico, Greece, Argentina, England, USA, Germany, Ghana, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Slovakia, Brazil, Ivory Coast, Spain, Switzerland
Quarterfinal teams: France, England, Netherlands, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Italy, Spain
Semifinal teams: France, Brazil, Germany, Spain
Finalists: Brazil, Germany
You picked Brazil to win World Cup 2010

I think Spain will win. You guys know Brazil left out Pato and Ronaldinho. :-ss

Pato, I understand. Robinho & Fabiano are better choices and Pato has been injured. But for the life of me I do not understand why they left out Ronaldinho! He's had a near sensational season. Compare that to the worst season of Kaka's career!

AllTimeGreat
05-31-2010, 06:16 AM
Group A: 1) France 2) Mexico 3) South Africa 4) Uruguay

Group B: 1) Greece 2) Argentina 3) South Korea 4) Nigeria

Group G: 1) Brazil 2) Ivory Coast 3) Portugal 4) North Korea

Round of 16 teams: France, Mexico, Greece, Argentina, England, USA, Germany, Ghana, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Slovakia, Brazil, Ivory Coast, Spain, Switzerland
Quarterfinal teams: France, England, Netherlands, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Italy, Spain
Semifinal teams: France, Brazil, Germany, Spain
Finalists: Brazil, Germany

Pato, I understand. Robinho & Fabiano are better choices and Pato has been injured. But for the life of me I do not understand why they left out Ronaldinho! He's had a near sensational season. Compare that to the worst season of Kaka's career!

Most of what Brazil do comes from Maicon anyway. They aren't as invincible as people make out though. For depth i think Spain are very close. France are to, but what the hell is going on with them lol?

Revolverz
05-31-2010, 06:40 AM
how can you guys put France there into the top ?
haha
It`s possible France won`t make it out of the groups. mark my words.

Domenech fucked them up... They qualified because of a "hand-made" goal the referee never saw..

I`m sad Romania couldn`t qualify for this World Cup. No offense for the other people living outside Europe, but the competition outside our continent is just crap.

It`s laughable how in the N.America 3 teams out of 6 qualify for the WC. In Asia, 2 teams from 5 team groups qualify... Incredible, when you see the level of those teams. Oceania.. wtf ?

We were crap at these qualifiers as we had alot of trouble with our players lately, but Honduras, New Zeeland, Japan, North Koreea, Algeria, Ghana ? haha

These teams are not world class. US and Australia are close also.

AllTimeGreat
05-31-2010, 07:30 AM
how can you guys put France there into the top ?
haha
It`s possible France won`t make it out of the groups. mark my words.

Domenech fucked them up... They qualified because of a "hand-made" goal the referee never saw..

I`m sad Romania couldn`t qualify for this World Cup. No offense for the other people living outside Europe, but the competition outside our continent is just crap.

It`s laughable how in the N.America 3 teams out of 6 qualify for the WC. In Asia, 2 teams from 5 team groups qualify... Incredible, when you see the level of those teams. Oceania.. wtf ?

We were crap at these qualifiers as we had alot of trouble with our players lately, but Honduras, New Zeeland, Japan, North Koreea, Algeria, Ghana ? haha

These teams are not world class. US and Australia are close also.

Lets see what happens. I got a sneaky feeling New Zealand will fluke it. And i have picked Australia to get out of the group since the start. Also Ivory Coast are a top side and they shouldn't be under estimated. Their mental approach is pretty weak though.

Revolverz
05-31-2010, 07:46 AM
I agree Ivory Coast has a solid team.
It`s sad for your team they got in with Serbia and Germany.
Serbia has always been a top european team. they are constant when it comes to weaker teams. they fail only with the best.

I would say

1.Serbia 7 points
2.Germany 7 points
3.Australia 3 points
4.Ghana 0 points

Sweet Sugar
05-31-2010, 02:02 PM
New Zeland are up there with one of the worst teams ever in the torunament. Its not so long a go Australia were beating them 19-0 etc..

Pea, i seen Italy all through the qualifiers, they were in our group , not a fucking chance they will win it. none.

France havent a hope with Domecech still manager, the man is an idiot.

Winners from Brazil, England, Spain or my sneaky outside bet Holland.

If Argentina had a real manager i would fancy them to win it, but Maradonna is an idiot.

AllTimeGreat
05-31-2010, 02:23 PM
I agree Ivory Coast has a solid team.
It`s sad for your team they got in with Serbia and Germany.
Serbia has always been a top european team. they are constant when it comes to weaker teams. they fail only with the best.

I would say

1.Serbia 7 points
2.Germany 7 points
3.Australia 3 points
4.Ghana 0 points

Serbia lost to New Zealand and they were hyped in the last tournament but got pumped by several teams, so we will c. I do rate them though.

buko
05-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Group A: 1) Uruguay 2) Mexico 3) France 4) South Africa

Group B: 1) Argentina 2) Greece 3) South Korea 4) Nigeria

Group C: 1) England 2) USA 3) Slovenia 4) Argelia

Group D: 1) Germany 2) Serbia 3) Ghana 4) Australia

Group E: 1) Netherlands 2) Cameroon 3) Denmark 4) Japan

Group F: 1) Paraguay 2) Italy 3) Slovakia 4) New Zealand

Group H: 1) Spain 2) Chile 3) Switzerland 4) Honduras

Round of 16 teams: Uruguay, Mexico, Argentina, Greece, England, USA, Germany, Serbia, Netherlands, Cameroon, Paraguay, Italy, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Chile
Quarterfinal teams: Uruguay, England, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Paraguay, Spain
Semifinal teams: England, Italy, Argentina, Spain
Finalists: Italy, Argentina
You picked Italy to win World Cup 2010

AllTimeGreat
06-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Group A: 1) Uruguay 2) Mexico 3) France 4) South Africa

Group B: 1) Argentina 2) Greece 3) South Korea 4) Nigeria

Group C: 1) England 2) USA 3) Slovenia 4) Argelia

Group E: 1) Netherlands 2) Cameroon 3) Denmark 4) Japan

Group F: 1) Paraguay 2) Italy 3) Slovakia 4) New Zealand

Group H: 1) Spain 2) Chile 3) Switzerland 4) Honduras

Round of 16 teams: Uruguay, Mexico, Argentina, Greece, England, USA, Germany, Serbia, Netherlands, Cameroon, Paraguay, Italy, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Chile
Quarterfinal teams: Uruguay, England, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Paraguay, Spain
Semifinal teams: England, Italy, Argentina, Spain
Finalists: Italy, Argentina
You picked Italy to win World Cup 2010

Interesting. Wouldn't mind seeing this final. Both teams can speak the same language. 8->

scotsirishwithswagga
06-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Group A: 1) France 2) South Africa 3) Mexico 4) Uruguay
Group B: 1) Argentina 2) South Korea 3) Nigeria 4) Greece

Group H: 1) Spain 2) Honduras 3) Chile 4) Switzerland

Round of 16 teams: France, South Africa, Argentina, South Korea, England, USA, Germany, Serbia, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Slovakia, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Honduras
Quarterfinal teams: France, England, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy, Spain
Semifinal teams: England, Brazil, Germany, Spain
Finalists: Brazil, Spain

just a few comments on world football

1. bout time mexico did something with themselves! a latin american country of their size and populance yet they've never been near a worldcup final!!!! for shame mexico!

2. Most of the competition outside of europe suck balls.

3. Who recons the N.Korea team will be killed upon returning home by Kim Jong for failing the glorious leader!

Now whose willing to put cash on their picks?

Revolverz
06-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Group A: 1) Mexico 2) France 3) Uruguay 4) South Africa

Group B: 1) Argentina 2) Nigeria 3) Greece 4) South Korea

Group C: 1) England 2) USA 3) Slovenia 4) Algeria

Group D: 1) Serbia 2) Germany 3) Ghana 4) Australia

Round of 16 teams: Mexico, France, Argentina, Nigeria, England, USA, Serbia, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Slovakia, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland
Quarterfinal teams: Mexico, Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, Serbia, Italy, Spain
Semifinal teams: Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain
Finalists: Germany, Spain

AllTimeGreat
06-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Australia just beat Denmark 1-0 in a qualifier. Looking in good form for the start. Germany will need to be ready. Not an easy game.

imported_Nothingman
06-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Australia just beat Denmark 1-0 in a qualifier. Looking in good form for the start. Germany will need to be ready. Not an easy game.
Yes, I have a feeling your team will do well. They do have Cahill, McDonald, Grella, Emerton...did I forget anyone? Kewell...well, not sure how good he is now. Anyway, its your best team yet.

Sweet Sugar
06-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Yes, I have a feeling your team will do well. They do have Cahill, McDonald, Grella, Emerton...did I forget anyone? Kewell...well, not sure how good he is now. Anyway, its your best team yet.

Mcdonald is not in the squad.

AllTimeGreat
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Mcdonald is not in the squad.

Yeh he doesn't really fit into our system. We got a solid backline. Schwarzer, neill, chipperfield, craig moore, beauchamp, wilkshire, kewell, cahill, emerton, bresciano, holman kennedy

AllTimeGreat
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM

Can't believe Germany left out a lot of good players, Kuranye? Hes a freak i would have played him.

Revolverz
06-01-2010, 08:41 PM
can`t wait for it to come. man.. the world cup is awesome.
I heard that there are ALOT of problems with the official WC ball.
Players and most of the goalkeepers say it flyies like a balloon.

AllTimeGreat
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
can`t wait for it to come. man.. the world cup is awesome.
I heard that there are ALOT of problems with the official WC ball.
Players and most of the goalkeepers say it flyies like a balloon.

Yeh it has been kinda crazy. Can't wait either. :) . Could be due to altitude also.

NaughtybyNature
06-01-2010, 09:51 PM
A - Most of you seem to feel France and SAfrica...SAfrica aren't going to come close to getting a point...France for me arent getting out of this group...Forlan is gonna have a good World Cup and Mexico are a decent team...URUGUAY AND MEXICO

B - Kind of a pick'em group...Nigeria arent the team they once were...Gonna take a punt on SKorea joining Argentina...ARGENTINA AND SKOREA

C - Easy group...ENGLAND AND USA

D - Ghana without Essien and Germnay without Ballack...Serbia are a decent team and Germany are still gonna make it through...GERMANY AND SERBIA

E - Quite liked what i saw from Japan the other day but still wont get out of this group...Cameroon have some good individuals like Eto, Song, Bassong but the rest are suspect...Denmark have a solid looking team...and the Dutch will top the group...NETHERLANDS AND DENMARK...

F - Bizarre how anyone here thinks NZealand are coming through this group...they wont get past Slovakia...Italy are big match players like the Germans and they will top the group...Paraguay will miss Cabanas but they will still get through easily enough...ITALY AND PARAGUAY...

G - This is a funky group...Portugal are a better side than the last tournament and will push Brazil for 1st...Ivory Coast are unlucky to be in this group..Pato isnt particularly special and Dunga's got Brazil playing like a team...theres no need for Ronaldinho to come and disrupt that...BRAZIL AND PORTUGAL

H - Spain couldnt have wished for an easier group and Chile should make it through with them...SPAIN AND CHILE...

Round of 16
Uruguay beat SKorea
England beat Serbia
Germany beat USA
Argentina beat Mexico
Netherlands beat Paraguay
Brazil beat Chile
Italy beat Denmark
Spain beat Portugal - epic

1/4 finals
Brazil beat Netherlands
England beat Uruguay
Argentina beat Germany
Italy beat Spain - Spain bottle it again

Semi final
Brazil beat England
Argentina beat Italy

Final
Argentina beat Brazil

This is what my betting sheet will say...

Sweet Sugar
06-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Yeh he doesn't really fit into our system. We got a solid backline. Schwarzer, neill, chipperfield, craig moore, beauchamp, wilkshire, kewell, cahill, emerton, bresciano, holman kennedy

True but he is still a top striker and you dont not bring players who know where the net is like McDonald.

Can't believe Germany left out a lot of good players, Kuranye? Hes a freak i would have played him.

Kurayni walked out on the team a few years ago and thats why he isnt in the squad.

Revolverz
06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
A - Most of you seem to feel France and SAfrica...SAfrica aren't going to come close to getting a point...France for me arent getting out of this group...Forlan is gonna have a good World Cup and Mexico are a decent team...URUGUAY AND MEXICO

B - Kind of a pick'em group...Nigeria arent the team they once were...Gonna take a punt on SKorea joining Argentina...ARGENTINA AND SKOREA

C - Easy group...ENGLAND AND USA

D - Ghana without Essien and Germnay without Ballack...Serbia are a decent team and Germany are still gonna make it through...GERMANY AND SERBIA

E - Quite liked what i saw from Japan the other day but still wont get out of this group...Cameroon have some good individuals like Eto, Song, Bassong but the rest are suspect...Denmark have a solid looking team...and the Dutch will top the group...NETHERLANDS AND DENMARK...

F - Bizarre how anyone here thinks NZealand are coming through this group...they wont get past Slovakia...Italy are big match players like the Germans and they will top the group...Paraguay will miss Cabanas but they will still get through easily enough...ITALY AND PARAGUAY...

G - This is a funky group...Portugal are a better side than the last tournament and will push Brazil for 1st...Ivory Coast are unlucky to be in this group..Pato isnt particularly special and Dunga's got Brazil playing like a team...theres no need for Ronaldinho to come and disrupt that...BRAZIL AND PORTUGAL

H - Spain couldnt have wished for an easier group and Chile should make it through with them...SPAIN AND CHILE...

Round of 16
Uruguay beat SKorea
England beat Serbia
Germany beat USA
Argentina beat Mexico
Netherlands beat Paraguay
Brazil beat Chile
Italy beat Denmark
Spain beat Portugal - epic

1/4 finals
Brazil beat Netherlands
England beat Uruguay
Argentina beat Germany
Italy beat Spain - Spain bottle it again

Semi final
Brazil beat England
Argentina beat Italy

Final
Argentina beat Brazil

This is what my betting sheet will say...

even if Messi is my favourite player, I think Maradona is a mess of a coach.
He won`t act clever with the team tactics and will judge situations as he feels for the momment, more with the heart than with his brain.
but hell, GO MESSI !

also, judging by your list, I would say only
Spain beats Italy clearly. And Argentina - Spain could go either way.

AllTimeGreat
06-02-2010, 01:51 PM
even if Messi is my favourite player, I think Maradona is a mess of a coach.
He won`t act clever with the team tactics and will judge situations as he feels for the momment, more with the heart than with his brain.
but hell, GO MESSI !

also, judging by your list, I would say only
Spain beats Italy clearly. And Argentina - Spain could go either way.

Italy is like Germany though, they know how to win the big games even when they aren't in that great form. Whereas Spain, other than the EURO are yet to prove that. Same with Argentina.

Clear frontrunners i would have are Italy, Brazil, Germany. And then in come the rest. France are a dark horse.

Sweet Sugar
06-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Italy are horrible, really horrible, i still annoyed we didnt top our group with them they were that bad.

No chance they will win it. Lippi is a great manager but they are such a bad side.

England are in with a a chance it has to be said.

AllTimeGreat
06-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Italy are horrible, really horrible, i still annoyed we didnt top our group with them they were that bad.

No chance they will win it. Lippi is a great manager but they are such a bad side.

England are in with a a chance it has to be said.

Yeh they lack some good strikers. Mainly due to their selections. How did Miccoli or balletelli not make it lol. :)). Two gun players.

Sweet Sugar
06-02-2010, 06:39 PM
batollei isnt going because he is an asshole. great footballer but asshole none the less.

Genuinly think they are a bad side. too many better sides than them.

Revolverz
07-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Round of 16 teams: Mexico, France, Argentina, Nigeria, England, USA, Serbia, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Slovakia, Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland
Quarterfinal teams: Mexico, Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, Serbia, Italy, Spain
Semifinal teams: Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain
Finalists: Germany, Spain

Only me and Rawly picked Spain :D

Sweet Pea
07-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Hands down the worst WC ever.