PDA

View Full Version : No Utd signings in January

Elephant Man
10-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he is not planning to sign any new players during the January transfer window.

Manchester United remain five points behind leaders Chelsea in the Premier League table following a 2-0 victory over Tottenham on Saturday.

They are unbeaten this season but there has been plenty of discussion about whether Ferguson might need to strengthen his squad in the New Year.

Wayne Rooney recently questioned the club's ambition and ability to attract the world's top players, before being given reassurances and deciding to sign a new long-term contract.

And Ferguson does not see the need to bring in a single fresh face when the transfer window reopens, with a number of key players set to return to fitness for the second half of the campaign.

"We won't be buying in January, definitely not," Ferguson said in the Independent.

"If you want someone to play in Europe, you are limited right away. There are hundreds of players cup-tied.

"You have five months left of the season, I will have Antonio Valencia back hopefully towards the end of February, which is a new player coming back.

"If Michael Owen gets back, it is another new player coming back. So with the squad I've got, I don't see any reason for us to buy anyone."

:wave:

ulster86
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Read this earlier and knew you or the other closet fan (Stephen) would post it. :laugh:

Yous love making Utd threads :hail:

Elephant Man
10-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Read this earlier and knew you or the other closet fan (Stephen) would post it. :laugh:

Yous love making Utd threads :hail:

:wave:Fergie pretending hes happy with his squad when anyone with a brain knows its cuz the Yanks have told him to fuck off he aint having no cash:laugh2:

:laugh2:U would have posted it if it said Fergie had £50m to spend though

ulster86
10-31-2010, 03:49 PM
The way we played yesterday I'm not surprised he ruled out signing anyone in january. :laugh:

If the right players becomes available we'll go for him though. Bastian already dropping hints that he wants to come to OT :hail:

Elephant Man
10-31-2010, 03:52 PM
The way we played yesterday I'm not surprised he ruled out signing anyone in january. :laugh:

If the right players becomes available we'll go for him though. Bastian already dropping hints that he wants to come to OT :hail:

:laugh2:You know you need a few top quality players

ulster86
10-31-2010, 03:59 PM
:laugh2:You know you need a few top quality players

Nope, Edwin has another year or two left in him at least, Rafael, Vidic, Rio and Evra is as good a defense in the league when all on top form. Scholes and Giggsy are on the way out which needs to be addressed. Carrick is crap and not Utd class so we should get rid of him, bring in Sweinsteiger and a top notch left winger and we're a serious serious team with Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez fighting for a place up front. :cop:

TommyGunn
10-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Fergies at his baiting again :cop: