PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Colombian boxers?

imported_Nothingman
05-17-2010, 04:23 PM
This has probably not been done yet. Name your greatest Colombian boxers.

Antonio Cervantes
Rodrigo Valdez
Rafael Pineda
Miguel Lora
Diego Corrales (half-Colombian)

Obama
05-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Colombian_boxers) has a good list:

Antonio "Kid Pambelé" Cervantes, world champion boxer
Miguel "Happy" Lora, world champion boxer. WBC bantamweight.
Elvis Álvarez (+1992), world champion boxer, murdered
Fidel Bassa, world champion boxer
Diego Corrales, United States based world champion boxer, Colombian by father's side,
Jorge Eliécer Julio, world champion boxer
Ener Julio, world champion boxer, brother of Jorge Eliécer Julio
Rodrigo Valdez, world champion boxer
Robinsón Pitalúa, featherweight prospect. Died in 1985 at 21.

Contemporary Colombians would be:

Yonnhy Perez
Carlos Tamara
Juan Urango
Antonio Pitalua
Ricardo Torres
Edison Miranda
Fulgencio Zuniga
Joel Julio
Darley Perez
Alejandro Berrio

Sweet Pea
05-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Breidis Prescott deserves a mention for his demolition job of Khan. Even if he loses 25 times and wins just 1 more time in his career you can bet that I will forever remember the day he wiped out Khan. Easily one of the greatest boxing related nights of my life

Obama
05-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Khan's name will fade into obscurity shortly...and then we can all forget about bum ass Prescott for good.

Rawly
05-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Cool Thread :D. Next to my main man Cervantes I go with Miguel Lora. When I started really getting into boxing I started with the Colombians and I always loved dudes D, (minus the Canizales destruction which was in the later part of his career) which is something not many Colombian fighters tend to pay attention to lol.

imported_Nothingman
05-22-2010, 09:49 AM
What about Antonio "El Coloso" Cermeno? He reigned at SBW and made 7 title defenses before he vacated the WBA title to move up. He also became a FW champ, but that didn't last as long. Hm, how could I, we miss this guy?:-??He beat none other than Wilfredo Vazquez to win his first title.

Hm, maybe because he's really VENEZUELAN!:P Sorry, my mistake.