PDA

View Full Version : FFTP Scoring League - Camacho vs Rosario

imported_Nothingman
04-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Background Info

Welcome to the fifteenth installment of the Fights From The Past Scoring League. This league is devoted to scoring old fights (nothing newer than the 1990s). The official outcome of chosen fights may or may not be heavily disputed, and it's up to whoever creates the thread to select the fight he/she wants to score. Not only will this person score the fight, but anyone else who wants to contribute a scorecard may do so at their leisure. Scorecards will be accepted any day and at any time.

As for the content, you can expect to see some fights here so old that they are filmed in black and white. The only condition is all rounds of the fight must be displayed in the video! Consider this a great opportunity to match the history of what actually happened to what you believe should have happened. Also consider it a great opportunity to see how others scored the fight, and why they saw it that way. You'd be surprised how your opinion about a fight can change after paying attention to other people's observations. No single pair of eyes catches everything, so be considerate of other people's opinions (even if you adamantly disagree). Also keep in mind not everyone may be well versed in scoring fights. Simply put, not everyone understands judging criteria. But their opinion is still welcome. By all means feel free to argue your scorecards, just don't insult each other.

See All FFTP Scoring League Threads Here (http://sweetboxing.com/showthread.php?t=1070)

Logistics

Ideally you should give a round by round score of the fight, and tally the total at the end. A 3 round example is given below:

Round 1: 10-9 Fighter A
Round 2: 9-10 Fighter B
Round 3: 10-8 Fighter A

Final Score: 29 - 27 Fighter A

If this is too much work for you, so be it. Just throw up your final score. Or if you're feeling extra ambitious, you can write a description below each round score which explains why you scored it the way you did.

There is no time limit on when you have to get this scorecard in.

The Fight
Featured fight is the showdown between two of Puerto Rico's greatest boxing stars of that time, Hector "Macho" Camacho and Edwin "Chapo" Rosario. It was the classic boxer vs puncher fight. Camacho was 28-0 at the time and had taken the WBC lightweight title with an impressive display from Mexico's excellent Jose Luis Ramirez a year before. Ramirez was the man who took Rosario's zero and his title, the same one that Camacho now held. The fight was every bit the classic it turned out to be and Camacho came away with the win on split decision and kept his belt. The opinions on who actually won were divided and Rosario had many people on his side in the case. Now it's up to YOU guys to decide it for yourselves!:D

Hector Camacho vs Edwin Rosario
Date: 1986-6-13
Referee: Arthur Mercante
Judge: Tony Castellano
Judge: Luis Rivera
Judge: Stuart Kirshenbaum
Stakes: WBC lightweight title (1st defence of Camacho)
Weights: Camacho 135, Rosario 134

Megavideo link: http://www.megavideo.com/?d=MVGFO6SE

AllTimeGreat
04-23-2010, 06:19 PM
1 : Camacho 10-9
2 : Camacho 10-9
3 : Rosario 10-9
4 : Rosario 10-9
5: Rosario 10-8
6: Camacho 10-9
7: Camacho 10-9
8: Rosario 10-9
9: Camacho 10-9
10: Camacho 10-9
11: Rosario 10-9
12: Rosario 10-9

Rosario 114 - Comacho 113

Tough Tough fight to score for me. Had that fight been a 15 rounder Rosario would have stopped the granite chin Camacho.

imported_Nothingman
04-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Round 1: Camacho 10-9
Round 2: Camacho 10-9
Round 3: Rosario 9-10
Round 4: Rosario 9-10
Round 5: Rosario 8-10
Round 6: Camacho 10-9
Round 7: Camacho 10-9
Round 8: even 10-10
Round 9: Camacho 10-9
Round 10: Camacho 10-9
Round 11: Rosario 9-10
Round 12: Rosario 9-10

114-114 Draw

lightsmac
04-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Round 1: Camacho
Round 2: Camacho
Round 3: Rosario
Round 4: Rosario
Round 5: Rosario
Round 6: Camacho
Round 7: Camacho
Round 8: Camacho
Round 9: Camacho
Round 10: Camacho
Round 11: Rosario
Round 12: Rosario

115-113 Hector Camacho

AllTimeGreat
04-27-2010, 06:09 AM
The last couple of rounds could have even been scored 10-8, especially the last one if you were feeling generous to Rosario.

lightsmac
04-27-2010, 09:03 PM
i thought both guys landed a lot of good shots in the 12th. best round of the fight

Layton
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Rd 1
Not a very exciting rd. camacho takes it on being elusive and landing the odd counter punch here and there.
Camacho - 10 Rosario - 9

Rd 2
Again camacho is elusive making rosario miss and landing some counter punches. rosario having trouble negotiating distance and camacho,s footwork is impressive.
Camacho - 10 Rosario - 9

Rd 3
Rosario starts to land some of his shots this rd and does the better work pushing camacho back.
Camacho - 9 Rosario - 10

Rd 4
Competitive rd i give to rosario for better punches landed, also caamacho holding and hitting and hitting low, rosario is pressing the action.
Camacho - 9 Rosario - 10

Rd 5
Camacho starts with a flurry, Rosario lands a left and wobbles camacho. Rosario all over camacho in the early part of this rd, camacho regains composure but an easy rd to score for rosario.
Camacho - 8 Rosario - 10

Rd 6
Camacho starts the rd well pumping the jab and controling the distance. He does the better work throughout keeping rosario at bay and landing the jab and counters making rosario miss.
Camacho - 10 Rosario - 9

Rd 7
Again Camacho works behind the jab letting flurries of punches off, controling the action. Rosario remains to stalk camacho but the work is less effective.
Camacho - 10 Rosario - 9

Rd 8
Rosario traps camacho in the corner and does some great work to the body. camacho isnt keeping rosario off him rosario rd.
Camacho - 9 Rosario - 10

Rd 9
Camacho picks the pace up in the early stages. Rosario has some success working the body but camacho starts working the jab again and does the better work overall.
Camacho 10 - Rosario - 9

Rd 10
a rosario rd he presses the action and lands the more punches.
Camacho - 9 Rosario - 10

Rd 11
The first half of the round is to close to call neither fighter is clearly doing great the second half rosario lands big and rocks camacho again and ralleis to win the rd.
Camacho -9 Rosario - 10

Rd 12
Rosario continues to stalk camacho wins the first half of the rd and camacho cant do enough in the second half to turn it around.
Camacho - 9 Rosario - 10

Totals Camacho - 112 Rosario - 115

Layton
09-02-2010, 02:16 PM
to be fair camacho should of had atleast 2 points off he was warned that many times these days he would probably have got disqaulified

story
09-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Round 1: 10-9 Camacho
Round 2: 10-9 Rosario
Round 3: 10-9 Rosario
Round 4: 10-9 Rosario
Round 5: 10-9 Rosario
Round 6: 10-9 Camacho
Round 7: 10-9 Camacho
Round 8: 10-9 Camacho
Round 9:10-9 Camacho
Round 10: 10-9 Camacho
Round 11: 10- Rosario
Round 12:10-9 Rosario

Total:114-114 Draw

imported_Nothingman
08-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Just rewatching this fight, can't believe I gave Rosario the 2nd round.:-??I wonder how. The new score is 114-113 for now...

Mastrangelo
08-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Camacho - Rosario
Round 1: 10:9
Round 2: 10:9
*Macho is showing great footwork, Rosario can't really get to him. Clear rounds for Hector.
Round 3: 10:9
* Tough round to score, but I think Camacho did slightly beter.
Round 4: 9:10
Round 5: 8:10
* Rosario's getting more aggressive and finally was able to land some shots on Hectors chin. He absolutely dominated 5-th round, wobbled his opponent badly and was throwing him through the ring till the of the round.
Round 6: 10:9
Round 7: 10:9
* Camacho is back on his bicycle, outlanded Rosario in both rounds and took control of the fight.
Round 8: 10:10
* Macho took a breather in this round, he was still doing better job on the outside, but Rosario landed some punches when Hector stopped with his back on the ropes. I rarely ever score even rouns, but that was one.
Round 9: 10:9
Round 10: 10:9
* Macho continous to dominate, he's more aggressive now and landed some great shots.
Round 11: 9:10
Round 12: 9:10
* Round 11 was close, but Rosario hurted Camacho at the end by huge left hook and looping right hand. He also won the twelve, by outworking his opponent.
Final Result: 115-113 Hector Camacho. Officialy 115:113,113:114,115:113 Hector Camacho.
Great fight and rounds 3 and 8 was very close, so I think all judges scorecards was understandable.

imported_Nothingman
08-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Camacho - Rosario
Round 1: 10:9
Round 2: 10:9
*Macho is showing great footwork, Rosario can't really get to him. Clear rounds for Hector.
Round 3: 10:9
* Tough round to score, but I think Camacho did slightly beter.
Round 4: 9:10
Round 5: 8:10
* Rosario's getting more aggressive and finally was able to land some shots on Hectors chin. He absolutely dominated 5-th round, wobbled his opponent badly and was throwing him through the ring till the of the round.
Round 6: 10:9
Round 7: 10:9
* Camacho is back on his bicycle, outlanded Rosario in both rounds and took control of the fight.
Round 8: 10:10
* Macho took a breather in this round, he was still doing better job on the outside, but Rosario landed some punches when Hector stopped with his back on the ropes. I rarely ever score even rouns, but that was one.
Round 9: 10:9
Round 10: 10:9
* Macho continous to dominate, he's more aggressive now and landed some great shots.
Round 11: 9:10
Round 12: 9:10
* Round 11 was close, but Rosario hurted Camacho at the end by huge left hook and looping right hand. He also won the twelve, by outworking his opponent.
Final Result: 115-113 Hector Camacho. Officialy 115:113,113:114,115:113 Hector Camacho.
Great fight and rounds 3 and 8 was very close, so I think all judges scorecards was understandable.
To me, the 4th was closest, I originally scored it even.

Mastrangelo
08-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I tought it was pretty clear Rosario round, not dominant, but clear. But who knows, maybe I saw it wrong way, as you know it happens.

imported_Nothingman
08-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Well, whadaya know. It came out a draw. 11th was almost a 10-8 round for Chapo as well. Almost.

Mastrangelo
08-05-2011, 06:22 PM
So here we go again?
I don't see any point in trying to prove you that my scorecard is better anymore. I now how it will end up, so I don't need to go through it really. I'll just score the fight my way, you can do it your way and we can leave it like that.

imported_Nothingman
08-05-2011, 06:28 PM
So here we go again?
I don't see any point in trying to prove you that my scorecard is better anymore. I now how it will end up, so I don't need to go through it really. I'll just score the fight my way, you can do it your way and we can leave it like that.
HUH?!:-??What'd I say now?! I didn't say shit against you, chill out dude!

Mastrangelo
08-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry then, maybe I misunderstood you.
"whadaya know" - When you say that in Polish, you can understand it like "You don't know shit".
So speaking about 11, I think It was nowehere close 10:8. I saw the round pretty even till Rosario landed those two big shots.

imported_Nothingman
08-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Sorry then, maybe I misunderstood you.
"whadaya know" - When you say that in Polish, you can understand it like "You don't know shit".
So speaking about 11, I think It was nowehere close 10:8. I saw the round pretty even till Rosario landed those two big shots.
Whadaya know is just a random expression. Doesn't adress you or anyone else personally. And fair enuff, I didn't score that round 10-8 anyway. Peace!:peace:

Obama
09-10-2011, 07:24 AM
layton is the only guy who gave Rosario round 10. :lol:

And no the 5th was not big enough to rule it a 2 point round.

Round 1: 10 – 9 Camacho
The big straight left hand from Camacho put a stamp on the round toward the end.

Round 2: 10 – 9 Camacho
Camacho clearly out boxed Rosario again.

*Round 3: 10 – 9 Camacho
Better round for Rosario but Camacho just shades it, landing a solid straight left at the end again.

*Round 4: 9 – 10 Rosario
Pretty even round on punches landed, but Rosario appeared to have done more damage.

Round 5: 9 – 10 Rosario
Camacho took a beating this round.

Round 6: 10 – 9 Camacho
Good comeback round for Camacho, who dances and sticks a jab to Rosario’s body to take the round clearly. Rosario could never get off.

*Round 7: 10 – 9 Camacho
Camacho ate a little too many straight right hands for my liking but did pretty well aside from that.

*Round 8: 10 – 10 Even
No one took command of the round.

Round 9: 10 – 9 Camacho
Flurry from Camacho in the early going of the round sealed the deal. Rosario was hurt, but when he recovered it was pretty even afterward.

Round 10: 10 – 9 Camacho
Rosario just let Camacho dictate the pace.

Round 11: 9 – 10 Rosario
Camacho’s round through the first two minutes, but Rosario hurts and dominates Camacho in the last minute.

Round 12: 9 – 10 Rosario
Camacho was simply in survival mode this round.

Final Score: 7 – 4 – 1 Camacho (116 – 113)

Score Variances:
Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 1: 9 – 3 Camacho
Scoring all the starred rounds even: 5 – 3 – 4 Camacho
Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 2: 5 – 7 Rosario

Erratic
09-11-2011, 10:58 AM
It's been years since I watched it but I remember giving Rosario 7 rounds.

Mastrangelo
09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Dude you said I can't score and keep scoring the fights exactly the way I do. I mean all fights that not include your favorite fighters, like Cunningham, or Eubank (or Brian Vera :lol: - just kidding). Just think about it.

TommyGun7111
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Had Rosario winning by a single point. The flurry by Rosario in the 12th round gave him the win otherwise it would have been a draw.

Obama
10-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Dude you said I can't score and keep scoring the fights exactly the way I do. I mean all fights that not include your favorite fighters, like Cunningham, or Eubank (or Brian Vera :lol: - just kidding). Just think about it.

I don't think even you agree with this anymore.

Mastrangelo
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Ok, so now you'll look through all my recent posts and look for a problem :lol:?
No, you're obviously good scorer. You didn't show any scorecard I disagreed with. Other thing is that you keep talking about fights you didn't even score.

Obama
10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Ok, so now you'll look through all my recent posts and look for a problem :lol:?
No, you're obviously good scorer. You didn't show any scorecard I disagreed with. Other thing is that you keep talking about fights you didn't even score.

Scoring them and showing you the scorecard have nothing to do with each other.

Mastrangelo
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Man I appriciate attention you're giving to me, especially after claiming several times that you don't want to waste your time on me and you prefer to do pretty much everything (:lol:), but I have enough of your bullshit. You wanna talk about scoring the fight, go score damn fight and have a scorecard to back it all up, or just go talk to somebody else when I'm not directing my posts to you nor asking you about anything. And ok, I'll let you have your last word this time, just answer and closing the thread is not necessary :thumb:.

imported_Nothingman
10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Geez...fellas, we are all really fed up of your ENDLESS bickering.@-) Enuff already! If you can't stand eachother's opinions, then avoid posting in the same threads or at least ignore the other one's posts.