PDA

View Full Version : Midfielder Wesley Sneijder signs new Inter Milan deal

Lenny
10-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder has signed a contract extension to remain at the Italian club until 2015.

The 26-year-old Dutchman had been linked with a move to Manchester United after a highly successful 12 months.

He led Inter to the Champions League and Serie A double last season and also reached the World Cup final in July.

"Sneijder became a key player for Inter last season and will be this year, and for many years to come," said Inter president Massimo Moratti.

Sneijder's impressive year also saw him nominated for Fifa's prestigious Ballon d'Or award, given to the world player of the year.

The former Real Madrid midfielder, who was contracted until 2013, was last week named alongside Inter team-mates Samuel Eto'o, Julio Cesar and Maicon for the award.

And while Moratti has backed Sneijder, he believes any one of them could claim one of the game's most prized personal honours.

"Everyone is free to say that someone else must win, but it's so clear that it will be up to him," said Moratti.

"He launched Inter to the treble win and Holland to the World Cup final.

"I have spoken about Sneijder winning the Ballon d'Or, but let's not forget there are other candidates.

"There is Maicon, Julio Cesar and Eto'o. Why ignore them? They deserve it to, as does Diego Milito who has absurdly been omitted from the list."

United :owned:

Saul
10-28-2010, 10:52 PM
United fans saying he wasn't happy with Rafa at Inter :rofl:.

ulster86
10-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Great player, he can waste his career in a lesser league if he wants. Get your money on Schweinsteiger coming to OT in the summer. :cop:

Elephant Man
10-29-2010, 12:58 AM
They wouldnt be able to afford him anyway:laugh2:

Galway
10-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Sneijder at United would never have worked out anyway, he's an out and out attacking midfielder, and wouldn't fit into our 442 unless we dropped a striker, which isn't going to happen.

Schweinsteiger could do a job in the middle with Fletch though:cop:

Sweet Pea
10-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Great player, he can waste his career in a lesser league if he wants. Get your money on Schweinsteiger coming to OT in the summer. :cop:

Why would he move to the dying Premier League? 50% tax rates, most of the the big clubs are in huge and unmanageable, the small clubs are collapsing.. it's not long now before the PL collapses like the Serie A did circa 2004/2005..

ulster86
10-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Why would he move to the dying Premier League? 50% tax rates, most of the the big clubs are in huge and unmanageable, the small clubs are collapsing.. it's not long now before the PL collapses like the Serie A did circa 2004/2005..

You're talking like moving to the Premier League isn't a hugely attractive option for a bundesliga player. The PL won't do an Italy...especially not in the next 4/5 years or whatever contract would be offered him. The tax has been ridiculous now for a while, hasn't stopped world class players wanting to come to the league. I think I read somewhere a while back that he gre up following Utd...could be wrong though. Reports are "skint" Utd are lining up a £30m bid in jan :cop:

Mr Burke
10-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Great player, he can waste his career in a lesser league if he wants.

I'd rather watch Brescia - Catania then Liverpool-Arsenal.

BDUB
10-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Never heard of him. :wank:

ulster86
10-29-2010, 01:50 PM
I'd rather watch Brescia - Catania then Liverpool-Arsenal.

Baiting won't work on me Burkey :cop:

Mr Burke
10-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Baiting won't work on me Burkey :cop:

No, it's true. I'm not from Isles, I'm no baiter. Notice how I didn't say I think Serie A is better than Premier ATM, just personal preference.

Just as is true that I'd watch any basketball Euroleague game than game in Champions League.

TommyGunn
10-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Burkeys baiting is getting out of control :cop:

Sweet Pea
10-29-2010, 02:24 PM
You're talking like moving to the Premier League isn't a hugely attractive option for a bundesliga player. The PL won't do an Italy...especially not in the next 4/5 years or whatever contract would be offered him. The tax has been ridiculous now for a while, hasn't stopped world class players wanting to come to the league. I think I read somewhere a while back that he gre up following Utd...could be wrong though. Reports are "skint" Utd are lining up a £30m bid in jan :cop:

The Italian league was once the best league in the world, but by the early 00s they started to plough too much money into it. Spending silly money, offering big contracts and clubs collapsing because they're simply unable to sustain the sort of financial model they chose to follow. It's happening now in the PL. How much longer will United live with £700M debt? City will not be able to spend the sorts of money they've been spending for years to come.. we've seen Liverpool and Chelsea both come days from entering administration over the last decade.. we've seen clubs like Leeds attempt to buy success, come agonisingly close and then enter into a spiral that saw them in the 3rd tier of English football at one point. Arsenal would be in shit had it not been for the Highbury property development deal and the money we got from the Emirates stadium deal..

Financially, the PL is destined to fail in the coming years.

ulster86
10-29-2010, 05:21 PM
We'll see, there will be the occassional club that goes into administration but the league will be arguably the best for many years yet.

Lenny
10-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Fact German league is the richest league in world football.

Who are united lining up at 30mill bid for?

Lenny
10-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Sneijder at United would never have worked out anyway, he's an out and out attacking midfielder, and wouldn't fit into our 442 unless we dropped a striker, which isn't going to happen.

Schweinsteiger could do a job in the middle with Fletch though:cop:

ah FFS ive heard it all now, you reckon he wouldnt work? the lad is unreal he can play in any team in the world. Of course he would work. you telling me any one in the united midfield would play ahead of him, fletcher, scholes, carrick, anderson? united need a centre mid to replace scholes.

When a player as good as sneidjer joiins a club, you make him fit.

Galway
10-30-2010, 02:38 AM
The point still stands that Sneijder can't play as a CM:cop:

Ferguson has always played with two wingers and two forwards, that means that we have to have two legit CM's. Ferguson isn't going to change his ways at this stage. If we were to buy Sneijder and play him as a CM, his inability to play that role would double Fletcher's workload and ultimately weaken the team

Anyway, I don't believe there was ever any real interest from Fergie in Sneijder to begin with

ulster86
10-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Fact German league is the richest league in world football.

Who are united lining up at 30mill bid for?

Fact is Kraut league ain't in the top 3 leagues in the world.

Schweinsteiger is coming to OT for 30m...get your dole money on it :thumb:

Lenny
10-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Never did i say it wa\s the best league grant did I?

Fact is it is the richest league in the world thats why greedy cunts like ribery will go there.

sorry pal but that is an actual fact. you cant argue with it :laugh:

no chance.

ulster86
10-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Who's arguing with it? You're arguing with yourself :laugh:

Greedy cunts go there but the majority would opt for Spain, England or Italy before Germany.

If Utd bid for him there's a good chance he'll want to come play his football at the Theatre of Dreams :woot:

Lenny
10-30-2010, 12:58 PM
i thought you were saying it wasnt, my bad sorry :laugh:

i like him superb superb player but the way the markets gone i honestly dont think he is worth anywhere near thrty mill grant. that is daft money. 20ish tops.

ulster86
10-30-2010, 01:08 PM
i thought you were saying it wasnt, my bad sorry :laugh:

No worries mate :laugh:

i like him superb superb player but the way the markets gone i honestly dont think he is worth anywhere near thrty mill grant. that is daft money. 20ish tops.

I rate him very highly too and think he'd be worth every penny if £30m is what it takes to get him. But yeah I know what you mean, in today's market he should be a bit cheaper considering there's talk of Fabregas going for around £35m. Clubs will always take advantage of United's spending power though :sad:

Lenny
10-30-2010, 01:15 PM
i also rate him highly united need a player with his work rate and ability, however 30 mill in todays market is serious money, the arse has fallen out of football too man. there wont be many teams bar city signing players in excess of 25-30 mill for a while. no way schwieny is worth 30 nill in todays market though. 18-20.

ulster86
10-31-2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11890_6478629,00.html

:woot:

Bastian loves the atmosphere at OT :hail:

TommyGunn
10-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Berba demanding more money i see, he should hold his horses he's lucky to still be at OT after the piss two first seasons he had :laugh: