PDA

View Full Version : Rooney aims to be back for the Manchester derby

ulster86
10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Rooney to return for Manchester derby
Wayne Rooney believes he will be fit for a powder-keg return against Manchester City at Eastlands in two weeks' time. The Manchester United forward is in Dubai recovering from an ankle injury that, he was told, would keep him out of a derby clash with the club who last week tried to sign him. Rooney, however, is confident his recovery will pick up pace in the coming days and that he will be ready to confound United medical staff and face City on November 10. His return would add spice to an explosive North West fixture. Last season's Carling Cup semi-final second-leg clash, settled by Rooney's late goal, was scarred by ugly incidents. Craig Bellamy was hit by a coin thrown from the crowd, Patrice Evra was struck by a lighter, and Gary Neville and Carlos Tevez were in hot water for making gestures. Rooney is known for returning early from injury, notably in last season's Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich. He was told he was out for three weeks after damaging ankle ligaments in the first leg but returned a week later for the return.

Meanwhile, Patrice Evra is set to sign a new four year deal with United to stay at Old Trafford until 2014. The Sun claim the Reds will offer the left-back £100,000-a-week, putting an end to speculation linking the Frenchman with a move to Barcelona or Real Madrid.

According to the Daily Mirror, Sir Alex Ferguson is targeting Pepe Reina as United’s new no.1. With current stopper Edwin van der Sar turning 40 on Friday and Reina allegedly unsettled following Liverpool's poor start to the season, the Reds are tipped for a sensational £12million swoop.

Roo to bag the winner and kiss the lovely Utd badge infront of the City fans :woot:

Reina :wank:

Galway
10-26-2010, 12:15 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs921.snc4/73457_443583099074_630744074_5265439_2480292_n.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Elephant Man
10-26-2010, 12:42 PM
If Rooney plays in the Manchester Derby then thats great news for City:woot:

:rofl:@ That idiot with the tattoo

AdminTech
10-26-2010, 01:01 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs921.snc4/73457_443583099074_630744074_5265439_2480292_n.jpg

:rofl: what a twit.

ulster86
10-26-2010, 10:54 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dumb cunt paid £500 for that and will be more to get lasered off!

ulster86
10-26-2010, 10:58 PM
:laugh2:

http://i.imgur.com/zvKat.jpg

Elephant Man
10-27-2010, 01:31 PM
WTF is up with Utds crowds the last couple games?
Fair enough it was only wolves last night and the Turkish team in the CL last week but I cant remember seeing this many empty seats at Prawn Trafford.
Even worse is that there are still tickets available for their PL game with Wolves:facepalm:
:wave:Debt,yank rule and vanishing fans

ulster86
10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Deluded fans think we can't compete financially any more and are boycotting games in hopes the Glazer's will fuck off, like you and Stephen they believe everything they read in the papers :laugh:

Elephant Man
10-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Deluded fans think we can't compete financially any more and are boycotting games in hopes the Glazer's will fuck off, like you and Stephen they believe everything they read in the papers :laugh:

:rofl:Where were the misisng 30,000 last night mate?I watched the game and got eyes.
Lances UFO come and beam them up as they walked to the match:laugh:

ulster86
10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
:rofl:Where were the misisng 30,000 last night mate?I watched the game and got eyes.
Lances UFO come and beam them up as they walked to the match:laugh:

What are you on about mate? :rofl:

Times are tight for people finacially atm anf it was a carling cup game on a tues night against Wolves ffs :laugh: I take a glance over on the Utd forums now and again and most of them are anti-Glazer. They're telling people not to go to the matches so the Glazer's lose money and are forced to sell the club. That's most likely the reason why the attendences are dropping because the football is still a joy to watch :stir:

Good to see you watching Utd games closet fan :wave:

Elephant Man
10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
What are you on about mate? :rofl:

Times are tight for people finacially atm anf it was a carling cup game on a tues night against Wolves ffs :laugh: I take a glance over on the Utd forums now and again and most of them are anti-Glazer. They're telling people not to go to the matches so the Glazer's lose money and are forced to sell the club. That's most likely the reason why the attendences are dropping because the football is still a joy to watch :stir:

Good to see you watching Utd games closet fan :wave:

:laugh:You're misisng the point.
There was loads of empty seats for the champions league game last week...whens that happened before?
Theres tickets available for most of the PL games(apart from the big games) whens that happened before?
It used to be virtually impossible to get a ticket to Old Trafford for a PL game...now its easy,nows your chance to go mate:rofl:

ulster86
10-27-2010, 02:10 PM
:laugh:You're misisng the point.
There was loads of empty seats for the champions league game last week...whens that happened before?
Theres tickets available for most of the PL games(apart from the big games) whens that happened before?
It used to be virtually impossible to get a ticket to Old Trafford for a PL game...now its easy,nows your chance to go mate:rofl:

I know and I agree with you, it's mostly to do with the fans making a stance against the Glazers. I say give them time, they've already gave Fergie money for a club record fee for Berbatov. Spent 20 odd million on youth too. Fergie, Gill and the Glazers say there is money to spend but the daft impatient fans won't listen :sad:

Elephant Man
10-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Fergie, Gill and the Glazers say there is money to spend but the daft impatient fans won't listen :sad:

:stir:They aint gonna say the Yanks are pocketing it all and not letting them have any though are they?
That debt needs to be paid off somehow..getting rooney to sign that contract was great cuz now you can get some great money for him:stir:

ulster86
10-27-2010, 02:20 PM
:stir:They aint gonna say the Yanks are pocketing it all and not letting them have any though are they?
That debt needs to be paid off somehow..getting rooney to sign that contract was great cuz now you can get some great money for him:stir:

Sir Alex has been adament there's money to spend though, Rooney's even been promised there is to get him to sign a contract ffs :laugh:

When the right player becomes available we will pounce :cop:

We spent money recently but spent it wisely, Hernandez, Smalling and Bebe are all great bits of business. If we'd paid £30m for Hernandez people wouldn't be questioning it now. Do you think we'll go another season without a big money signing? :cop: