PDA

View Full Version : Most "Knocked Down" Heavyweight Champ

CHARLIET
01-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Off-hand Floyd Patterson must be up there. Down against Rademacher,Liston, Johansson,McNeely and more- any offers?
Knock downs must be in championship fights.

Obama
01-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Is this while they were Champion or just in general?

CHARLIET
01-27-2010, 03:58 PM
When thet were champs.

Obama
01-27-2010, 08:11 PM
In chronological order, these guys got dropped the most:

Jess Willard was dropped 7 times in the first round defending his title against Jack Dempsey.

Primo Carnera was dropped 11 times when he defended his title against Max Baer.

Joe Louis was dropped in the first round against Jim Braddock when he won the title, was dropped in the third round against Tony Galento, dropped in the first round against Buddy Baer, dropped in the first and fourth round against Jersey Joe Walcott in the first fight, and dropped in the 3rd round of the rematch.

Joe Frazier was knocked down 3 times in the first round and 3 times in the second round when he met George Foreman for the first time.

Michael Moorer was knocked down by Holyfield in round 2 when he won the lineal title, knocked down and out in the 10th round against George Foreman, then knocked down 5 times in his rematch with Holyfield which was a unification bout between Moorer's IBF title and Holyfield WBA title.

Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down twice in the 1st and twice in the 2nd against Corrie Sanders when defending the WBO title, took an 8 count against Lamon Brewster in round 5 when attempting to regain the WBO title. His KDs against Steve Pannell, Ross Purity, and Sam Peter were all non world title fights.

Sweet Pea
01-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Was going to mention Willard and Carnera both.

Tsentralnaya
01-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Primo Carnera was dropped 11 times when he defended his title against Max Baer.

Jesus Christ.

CHARLIET
01-28-2010, 10:17 PM
My intention was to know,what fighter has been knocked down more han any other in all his title fights,not knock downs in individual fights. E.g, how many times was Floyd Patterson knocked down in championship fights - may be between 12 & 15,or Dave "boy " McAuley for instance was down many times in title fights. Who's top of the league? Take your pick.

Obama
01-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Patterson was knocked down the following times in title fights:
Ali I - 1
Liston II - 3
Liston I - 1
Johansson III - 2
Johansson I - 7
Harris - 1
Rademacher - 1

Total = 16

He has the record for Heavyweights.