PDA

View Full Version : Simon Brown

imported_Nothingman
11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Should he be in the HOF?? He did beat Terry Norris, Jorge Vaca and Maurice Blocker and was three time world champ in 2 different divisions. I believe he deserves to be inducted. Anybody who could knock out Terry Norris in 4 should be in the HOF, at least that's my opinion!

The only reason why he isn't in the HOF already is that the late part of his career was disastrous. His last fight was fought at 170, so he obviously had weight problems as well...

Obama
11-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Should he be in the HOF?? He did beat Terry Norris, Jorge Vaca and Maurice Blocker and was three time world champ in 2 different divisions. I believe he deserves to be inducted. Anybody who could knock out Terry Norris in 4 should be in the HOF, at least that's my opinion!

The only reason why he isn't in the HOF already is that the late part of his career was disastrous. His last fight was fought at 170, so he obviously had weight problems as well...

I mentioned Simon in your Honeyghan thread. He's in line. Donald Curry is clearing getting in before him. And from the old school, Lloyd Marshall is definitely getting in before Curry.

Let's just say certain fighters have to wait in line a long ass time before getting recognition, and Brown among others fit the profile.

imported_Nothingman
11-19-2009, 07:25 PM
What did you think about his ko of Norris?

Obama
11-19-2009, 07:39 PM

His best win, nonetheless, Norris had a glass jaw.

E-DUBB
11-20-2009, 03:23 AM
simon brown was one of my faves inthe late 80's early 90's...i always enjoyed watching him

Violent Demise
12-20-2009, 08:09 AM

It was more of Norris doing wrong than Brown doing right. Norris didn't fight his fight that night. He corrected his mistake in the rematch and pretty much pitched a shut out