PDA

View Full Version : FFTP Scoring League - Eubank vs Collins I

imported_Nothingman
10-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Background Info

Welcome to the first installment of the Fights From The Past Scoring League. This league is devoted to scoring old fights (nothing newer than the 1990s). The official outcome of chosen fights may or may not be heavily disputed, and it's up to whoever creates the thread to select the fight he/she wants to score. Not only will this person score the fight, but anyone else who wants to contribute a scorecard may do so at their leisure. Scorecards will be accepted any day and at any time.

As for the content, you can expect to see some fights here so old that they are filmed in black and white. The only condition is all rounds of the fight must be displayed in the video! Consider this a great opportunity to match the history of what actually happened to what you believe should have happened. Also consider it a great opportunity to see how others scored the fight, and why they saw it that way. You'd be surprised how your opinion about a fight can change after paying attention to other people's observations. No single pair of eyes catches everything, so be considerate of other people's opinions (even if you adamantly disagree). Also keep in mind not everyone may be well versed in scoring fights. Simply put, not everyone understands judging criteria. But their opinion is still welcome. By all means feel free to argue your scorecards, just don't insult each other.

See All FFTP Scoring League Threads Here (http://sweetboxing.com/showthread.php?t=1070)

Logistics

Ideally you should give a round by round score of the fight, and tally the total at the end. A 3 round example is given below:

Round 1: 10-9 Fighter A
Round 2: 9-10 Fighter B
Round 3: 10-8 Fighter A

Final Score: 29 - 27 Fighter A

If this is too much work for you, so be it. Just throw up your final score. Or if you're feeling extra ambitious, you can write a description below each round score which explains why you scored it the way you did.

There is no time limit on when you have to get this scorecard in.

The Fight

The fight of this thread features the first professional loss of UK legend Chris Eubank. Eubank lasted nearly 10 years before his first loss, and had previously been involved in 19 World title fights. Collins career hadn't nearly seen the same kind of success, but with this win he finally began to establish a legacy. Enjoy!

Chris Eubank vs. Steve Collins I
Date: 1995-03-18
Referee: Ron Lipton
judge: Roy Francis 114-116
judge: Cesar Ramos 111-115
judge: Ismael W. Fernandez 113-114
Belt: WBO Super Middleweight Title
Weights: Eubank 167¾ - Collins 167¾

Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CNW2GL9Y)
Password: sweetboxing

Obama
10-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I just saw this fight and scored it 115-111 for Collins. Collins was the aggressor for most of the fight and had Eubank down once in the 8th. Eubank came on strong in the last 3 rounds, but he didn'd to remotely enough to earn the decision.

Post moved.

Obama
10-17-2009, 02:28 AM
*Round 1: 10 – 10 Even
Collins was aggressive but inaccurate, Eubank was accurate but inactive. The round was uneventful and too tight to give to either fighter.

$Round 2: 9 – 10 Collins
Eubank is robbed of a knockdown early in the round. What should have been an 10-8 round for Eubank becomes 9-10 for Collins due to his aggression and Eubank's complacency.

Round 3: 10 – 9 Eubank
Eubank was much more elusive this round and won it for himself using the jab.

Round 4: 10 – 9 Eubank
Eubank once again proves to be too elusive for Collins, who continues to look amateurish with his wild misses.

Round 5: 9 – 10 Collins
Collins straightens his punches in this round and connects with good combinations to win it.

*Round 6: 10 – 10 Even
Collins couldn't hit Eubank if his life depended on it in this round. Eubank didn't do much, but Collins missed so much it was impossible to give him the round.

*Round 7: 9 – 10 Collins
Collins rallies at the end of the round with some straight combinations that landed and turned another even round into his favor.

?Round 8: 9 – 10 Collins
Collins found success once again using straighter punches, and managed to send Eubank to the canvas near the end of the round with a body shot. However, the shot did not actually hurt Eubank, rather he went down due to a loss of balance. Eubank got up quickly and came thundering back in usual fashion. He quickly shook Collins up, who was holding on by the end of the round. Eubank, in my mind, saved himself from a 2 point round with his comeback, given the trivial nature of the knockdown.

Round 9: 9 – 10 Collins
Collins did enough good work in the first 2 minutes to earn him the round. He actually countered Eubank pretty well in this round.

Round 10: 10 – 8 Eubank
The round begins with Eubank dropping Collins with a big right hand. Steve is hurt. He goes into running man mode for a while to regain his senses. I can't explain the second half of the round. It looked like a modeling competition. Problem was there were no hot women, just two sweaty men.

Round 11: 10 – 9 Eubank
Eubank took Collins to school in this round.

Round 12: 10 – 9 Eubank
Eubank fought to win the round, Collins fought to keep Eubank off him.

Final Score: 5 – 5 – 2 (115 – 114) Eubank

Score Variances:
Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 1: 8 – 4 Eubank
Scoring all the starred rounds even: 5 – 3 – 4 Eubank
Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 2: 5 – 7 Collins

$ - Robbery due to a call
? - Scoring judgment on a round with a knockdown not typical

If I were to give Collins a 10-8 round in the 8th, this fight would come up a draw on my official score. At the same time Eubank lost a 3 point swing in 2nd when the ref failed to rule a legitimate knockdown. With that swing, he most definitely should have won the fight.

Elephant Man
10-17-2009, 11:30 AM
I will score this soon but I watched this fight years ago and still dont understand why Eubank didnt get credited for a knockdown in the 2nd Rd,whats even stranger is Eubank didnt even argue when the ref didnt rule it a knockdown when it so obviously was.

imported_Nothingman
10-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Collins was aggressive but inaccurate, Eubank was accurate but inactive. The round was uneventful and too tight to give to either fighter.

Eubank is robbed of a knockdown early in the round. What should have been an 10-8 round for Eubank becomes 9-10 for Collins due to his aggression and Eubank's complacency.

Eubank once again proves to be too elusive for Collins, who continues to look amateurish with his wild misses.

Collins straightens his punches in this round and connects with good combinations to win it.

Collins couldn't hit Eubank if his life depended on it in this round. Eubank didn't do much, but Collins missed so much it was impossible to give him the round.

Collins rallies at the end of the round with some straight combinations that landed and turned another even round into his favor.

Collins found success once again using straighter punches, and managed to send Eubank to the canvas near the end of the round with a body shot. However, the shot did not actually hurt Eubank, rather he went down due to a loss of balance. Eubank got up quickly and came thundering back in usual fashion. He quickly shook Collins up, who was holding on by the end of the round. Eubank, in my mind, saved himself from a 2 point round with his comeback, given the trivial nature of the knockdown.

Collins did enough good work in the first 2 minutes to earn him the round. He actually countered Eubank pretty well in this round.

The round begins with Eubank dropping Collins with a big right hand. Steve is hurt. He goes into running man mode for a while to regain his senses. I can't explain the second half of the round. It looked like a modeling competition. Problem was there were no hot women, just two sweaty men.

Score Variances:

If I were to give Collins a 10-8 round in the 8th, this fight would come up a draw on my official score. At the same time Eubank lost a 3 point swing in 2nd when the ref failed to rule a legitimate knockdown. With that swing, he most definitely should have won the fight.
You are rambling! You MUST give the 8th round 10-8 to Collins!

Obama
10-17-2009, 02:51 PM
You are rambling! You MUST give the 8th round 10-8 to Collins!

I stated my reasoning. And I stated that most people would do that. But I feel my score is more practical. It was a balance issue, the man went down due to a jab to the body....then he got right back up and hurt Collins and made him hold on at the final moments of the round. He saved himself a point to me for doing that. Only 1 man got hurt in that round, and it was Collins. Yet he should win the round 10-8? Doesn't seem right to me.

imported_Nothingman
10-17-2009, 03:17 PM
That makes no sense at all! So what if Eubank wasn't very hurt, he still went down because of a punch! He wouldn't go down if he hadn't been hit in the body and that is clearly a knockdown!

Obama
10-17-2009, 03:24 PM
That makes no sense at all! So what if Eubank wasn't very hurt, he still went down because of a punch! He wouldn't go down if he hadn't been hit in the body and that is clearly a knockdown!

Yea, it's a knockdown, hence he won the round on my card 10-9. Problem was Eubank came back. If he didn't come back it would be 10-8. How much he needed to come back is also dependent upon the nature of the KD.

Commissar_Pepsi
11-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Eubank-Collins

R1: 9-10
R2: 9-10
R3: 10-10
R4: 9-10
R5: 9-10
R6: 9-10
R7: 9-10
R8: 9-10
R9: 9-10
R10: 10-8
R11: 10-9
R12: 9-10

Score: 111-117

Winner: Collins

Ya i definitely had collins winnin this fight, i didnt give him the 8th 10-8 however for the same reasons that obama already stated.

imported_Nothingman
11-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Eubank-Collins

R1: 9-10
R2: 9-10
R3: 10-10
R4: 9-10
R5: 9-10
R6: 9-10
R7: 9-10
R8: 9-10
R9: 9-10
R10: 10-8
R11: 10-9
R12: 9-10

Score: 111-117

Winner: Collins

Ya i definitely had collins winnin this fight, i didnt give him the 8th 10-8 however for the same reasons that obama already stated.
Nice scoring.:) Anybody who doesn't see that Collins won that fight must be having eye problems or something! No, I am not referring to you specifically Ob!:p

Obama
11-11-2009, 11:19 PM
I hope you both realize you're not supposed to score ineffective aggression.

buko
11-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Rd 1: 10-9 Collins
Rd 2: 10-9 Collins
Rd 3: 9-10 Eubank
Rd 4: 10-9 Collins
Rd 5: 10-9 Collins
Rd 6: 10-9 Collins
Rd 7: 10-9 Collins
Rd 8: 10-9 Collins
Rd 9: 9-10 EUbank
Rd 10: 8-10 Eubank
Rd 11: 9-10 Eubank
Rd 12: 9-10 Eubank

Total 114-113 Collins

Commissar_Pepsi
11-12-2009, 12:18 AM
I hope you both realize you're not supposed to score ineffective aggression.

Ya alotta Collins aggression was fruitless but in the end he seemed to land more than Eubank, at least thats what it looked like to me.

buko
11-13-2009, 06:36 PM
I stated my reasoning. And I stated that most people would do that. But I feel my score is more practical. It was a balance issue, the man went down due to a jab to the body....then he got right back up and hurt Collins and made him hold on at the final moments of the round. He saved himself a point to me for doing that. Only 1 man got hurt in that round, and it was Collins. Yet he should win the round 10-8? Doesn't seem right to me.

For me a knockdown is a knockdown and its a 10-8 score unless the other fighter really dominates the round, and, altough if it wasnt for the knockdown Eubank should have won the round, it was a relatively close round IMO.

Obama
11-13-2009, 08:50 PM
For me a knockdown is a knockdown and its a 10-8 score unless the other fighter really dominates the round, and, altough if it wasnt for the knockdown Eubank should have won the round, it was a relatively close round IMO.

I don't see how the round is close when Eubank was winning b4 the KD, then got back up and hurt the guy. That's not a close round without a KD to me. Close rounds are rounds you can say to yourself (I could see how someone would give that to the other guy). Could you? I couldn't.

buko
11-17-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't see how the round is close when Eubank was winning b4 the KD, then got back up and hurt the guy. That's not a close round without a KD to me. Close rounds are rounds you can say to yourself (I could see how someone would give that to the other guy). Could you? I couldn't.

Is the Giampa article you posted an official written rule?? Cause if it is then this round is a 10-9. For some reason I always had the idea that for a fighter to offset a knockdown he needs to dominate the round, not just win it.

Obama
11-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Is the Giampa article you posted an official written rule?? Cause if it is then this round is a 10-9. For some reason I always had the idea that for a fighter to offset a knockdown he needs to dominate the round, not just win it.

Yes, the Giampa article is an official rule.

buko
11-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes, the Giampa article is an official rule.

Then I guess i have to change my score for that round.

imported_Nothingman
11-18-2009, 02:24 PM
I didn't see it that way. Eubank wasn't winning the 8th round and he got kd, so there is no CHANCE he could get that round! You sure are lucky there are no mad Irishmen here!:rolleyes:

Rawly
07-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Is the 2nd part to this working? I DL both parts (NO HJ) and when I played the 1st part it asked me to fix some error and I clicked ok and it fixed it. the 2nd part doesn't ask me this and simply won't play...

Rawly
07-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Round 1: 10-10 even

I didn't see anyone land anything of great significance and it seemed both landed relatively the same amount. Pretty even round imo.

Round 2: 9-10 Collins

Eubank should've gotten the Knockdown at the beginning. Aside from that I feel Collins won the round by being more active and landing more punches.

Round 3: 9-10 Collins

Collins work rate won him this round on my card. Eubank's timing is getting better and his punches seem to land with a little more thud on them.

Round 4: 10-9 Eubank

Eubank's able to dodge most of Collins's punches and counter him enough to slow him down some. Collins is also caught a lot of glove when he threw head punches this round.

Round 5: 9-10 Collins

Collins wins this round with his active hands. Lands plenty of jabs and right hands with Eubank landing rarely but with seemingly more power. He doesn't do enough to be deserving of the round.

Round 6: 10-9 Eubank

This round starts with Eubank being on the attack and landing some nice shots, he's upped his work rate and in doing so, slightly slowed Collins. Chris lands less but more effective.

Round 7: 10-9 Eubank

Both fighters land some good punches, Collins as throughout most the fight is the busier man, but at times his aggression isn't very effective. Eubank.

Round 8: 9-10 Collins

I see this is one of the more debated rounds so here's my thought. Before the knockdown the round was relatively close and with Eubank losing a point for being dropped (KD was pretty lame, off balance), he was down a point with about 20 seconds left. In this time he almost returned the favor and Collins looked badly hurt, regaining that point he lost. Had Collins simply not got caught, it would've been a 10-8 round for me.

note- I found it ironic that Eubank got dropped so simple by being off balance when it seemed up to that point in the fight that Collins was the one with this problem.

Round 9: 10-9 Eubank

At this point in the fight, Collins has slowed down a bit but is still more active than the cautious Eubank. That being said, Eubank landed the more telling punches consistently while Collins had one or two good flurries that don't land clean.

Round 10: 10-8 Eubank

Very interesting round. Eubank drops Collins early with a nasty right, I don't know why he didn't go for the KO at that point. Collins does nothing to get the point back.

At the end of the round when Collins fell, did Eubank step on him when he jabbed? lol

Round 11: 9-10 Collins

Tough round, I gave it to Collins. Although Eubank landed some hard shots accurately on Collins a few times, he kept his hands down basically the whole round and was caught with most of Collins punches which came often. Collins also landed some nice shots with his right and he's looking tired.

Round 12: 10-9 Eubank

Collins looks ready to be taken out. Extremely tired he continues to throw punches but gets caught by some nice uppercuts, straight rights, and neck jerkin jabs. Eubank's showboating isn't helping him at all, he won the round but should have gone for the knockout.

115-113 Eubank

jmc617
08-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Round 1: 10-9 Collins
That opening exchange was the deciding factor. Collins missed with many punches but Eubank hardly did anything offensively.
Round 2: 10 – 9 Collins
Oooh the injustice! That seemed like a knockdown. I am debating whether show a bit of favoritism to Eubank because of it. Heavy punches landed by Steve. He is finding rythmn now. I say if the ref didn't instruct me to count the knockdown I can not. Collins won the round.
Round 3: 9 – 10 Eubank
Eubank with the sharpshooting, that right hand! Chris getting a bit too cute though. It seems as if Collins couldn't hit this slow old man with a handful of rice. Eubank isn't quite standing in the pocket avoiding Steve's punches but he is making it look like he is. Collins threw too many punches and missed almost all of them. Eubanks 'defense' weighed more than Collins ineffective offense.
Round 4: 9-10 Eubank
Eubank focused and Collins still off the mark towards the end.
Round 5: 10-9 Collins
Both engaging simultaneously. You can tell no one owns the others will yet.
Eubank lost the round in the last minute. Collins warned for lowblow.
Round 6: 9-10 Eubank
Eubank has so many subtle qualities that stand out to me as well as his position, range and defense.
Round 7: 10 – 9 Collins
After 6 I can't believe I have it even. The fan in me wants to route for Collins but I have to stand my ground and be an unbiased observer. Steve is just a rugged guy with determination. I think Collins won it again in the last 30 seconds.
Round 8: 10-8 Collins
Misfortune strikes Eubank and he is dropped it kind of reminds me of the shot holy landed on Tyson. That's what he gets for posing with this caliber of opponent.
Nevermind the round his goofing off probably cost him the title. He tried to come back with a vengeance but wound up getting tagged a few times coming in with counters.
Round 9: 10 – 9 Collins
You'd think this guy would get serious and quit the damn posing. Collins isn't the guy to be doing that with. Maybe the ol' man is just exhausted trying to catch his second wind. Collins edged him in this round. I am starting to wonder if Eubank's D is that good or if Collins is just extremely reckless and not precise at all.
Round 10: 8-10 Eubank
Eubank coming back and knocks Collins down with a huge right! WTF now he's just getting Collins angry with the posing. What the fuck he is dancing backwards I don't get this idiotic stragey. wtf? omg? Did he just attempt a Mr. Miyagi crane kick? Great Right hand, he could of got him out of there with a few more.
Round 11: 9 – 10 Eubank
He needs a knockdown to win. Chris won it with defense. Collins couldn't hit him at all.
Round 12: 9 – 10 Eubank
If he can't get a knockdown he loses the fight. Collins just needs to avoid anything major to win it. Eubank is fighting like his life depends on it. He is really focused and senses the urgency. Collins is fighting back but has spaghetti arms, nothing left in the tank. Collins better be careful if he gets a point taken away this fight is a draw.

Final Score: draw (113 – 113)

Dj Si Thompson
08-12-2010, 08:39 PM

Score Variances:

I don't really like to give even rounds if i'm being honest :|

Obama
08-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Round 8: 10-8 Collins
Misfortune strikes Eubank and he is dropped it kind of reminds me of the shot holy landed on Tyson. That's what he gets for posing with this caliber of opponent.
Nevermind the round his goofing off probably cost him the title. He tried to come back with a vengeance but wound up getting tagged a few times coming in with counters.

So you thought Collins won that round without the KD?

jmc617
08-13-2010, 01:31 AM
So you thought Collins won that round without the KD?

I don't see a knockdown as it's own separate entity to be quarantined and judged solely by taking away an extra point and forgotten about. A knockdown punctuates the round for the fighter who scored it the extra point is only mere bonus. For the fighter who got knocked down to come back it would be an up hill battle and he would have to show me an extreme effort. Collins was working for the 2:30 before the knockdown occurred. When the referee let them fight again there was exactly :15 seconds left in the round :05 seconds Collins was going at Eubank and Eubank caught Collins with a flush left hook :-ssand then tried to come in all reckless and got tagged with a counter right hand while Collins was backed up on the ropes. Eubank cuffed him again with another left hook. Hardly any reason to give Eubank the round in my opinion. What does everyone else think.

Obama
08-13-2010, 02:07 AM
I don't see a knockdown as it's own separate entity to be quarantined and judged solely by taking away an extra point and forgotten about. A knockdown punctuates the round for the fighter who scored it the extra point is only mere bonus. For the fighter who got knocked down to come back it would be an up hill battle and he would have to show me an extreme effort. Collins was working for the 2:30 before the knockdown occurred. When the referee let them fight again there was exactly :15 seconds left in the round :05 seconds Collins was going at Eubank and Eubank caught Collins with a flush left hook :-ssand then tried to come in all reckless and got tagged with a counter right hand while Collins was backed up on the ropes. Eubank cuffed him again with another left hook. Hardly any reason to give Eubank the round in my opinion. What does everyone else think.

Just answer the question.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1320/when_does_a_knock_down_not_result_in_a_108_round/

imported_Nothingman
08-13-2010, 08:50 AM

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1320/when_does_a_knock_down_not_result_in_a_108_round/
Collins won that fight, clearly and cleanly. Just let go of it already! I know youre a Eubank fan, but you don't have to take away Steve's achievement!:mad:

Obama
08-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Collins won that fight, clearly and cleanly. Just let go of it already!

Poll says otherwise.

imported_Nothingman
08-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Poll says otherwise.
Lol, which poll? The one I see is clearly in favor of Collins. You need glasses?:P

Obama
08-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Lol, which poll? The one I see is clearly in favor of Collins. You need glasses?:P

Poll is 4-4 in reality once jmc fixes his score. There's nothing clear about that.

imported_Nothingman
08-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Poll is 4-4 in reality once jmc fixes his score. There's nothing clear about that.
I think you guys better learn how to score.:rolleyes: ATG hasn't even scored the fight, so his vote can't really be counted. HA-HA!:))

jmc617
08-13-2010, 12:44 PM

Thanks for making me waste three more minutes of my life on this shit buddy. You asked me if I thought Eubank won the round without the knockdown and upon further review the answer is NOOOO! He didn't and the reason is that Eubank's aggression wasn't effective post KD and he didn't do anything pre KD. Steve's right hand counter nullified whatever hook Chris landed. Great article though very enlightening.

However, the shot did not actually hurt Eubank, rather he went down due to a loss of balance. Eubank got up quickly and came thundering back in usual fashion. He quickly shook Collins up, who was holding on by the end of the round. Eubank, in my mind, saved himself from a 2 point round with his comeback, given the trivial nature of the knockdown.

It took you more time to write all that nonsense than there was time left in the round after the knockdown. Nine seconds were left in the round! Chris landed 1 1/2 meaningful punches in his flurry of thunder and as usual you are omitting facts. Eubank got caught coming in recklessly with a sloppy but effective counter right hand.

http://www.boxpres.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nicole-test111.gif

You can't possibly be awarding the round to Eubank on those 9 seconds so your answer must be in the uneventful pre-knockdown part of the round. For the first two minutes and thirty seconds of round eight Chris is posing acting like a jackass as usual and Steve is working. The man is throwing 2-3 punch combo's that are connecting at about 25% and what the hell is Chris doing while this is going on? absoFUKNlutely nada! His D is probably the worst it has been the entire fight and he is just staying out of range trying to catch some wind it seems. Dude the guy lost the round get over it.

jmc617
08-13-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't really like to give even rounds if i'm being honest :|

Me Either (%)

Obama
08-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks for making me waste three more minutes of my life on this shit buddy. You asked me if I thought Eubank won the round without the knockdown and upon further review the answer is NOOOO! He didn't and the reason is that Eubank's aggression wasn't effective post KD and he didn't do anything pre KD. Steve's right hand counter nullified whatever hook Chris landed. Great article though very enlightening.

It took you more time to write all that nonsense than there was time left in the round after the knockdown. Nine seconds were left in the round! Chris landed 1 1/2 meaningful punches in his flurry of thunder and as usual you are omitting facts. Eubank got caught coming in recklessly with a sloppy but effective counter right hand.

http://www.boxpres.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nicole-test111.gif

You can't possibly be awarding the round to Eubank on those 9 seconds so your answer must be in the uneventful pre-knockdown part of the round. For the first two minutes and thirty seconds of round eight Chris is posing acting like a jackass as usual and Steve is working. The man is throwing 2-3 punch combo's that are connecting at about 25% and what the hell is Chris doing while this is going on? absoFUKNlutely nada! His D is probably the worst it has been the entire fight and he is just staying out of range trying to catch some wind it seems. Dude the guy lost the round get over it.

A punch that stuns a guy is easily worth 10 that don't. Me, buko, and Rawly scored the round 10-9.

Irish Steve Z
08-13-2010, 06:50 PM
I'll give my round by round scoring later on tonight.

jmc617
08-13-2010, 08:30 PM
A punch that stuns a guy is easily worth 10 that don't. Me, buko, and Rawly scored the round 10-9.

Where'd he stun Collins in the exchange I posted? I mean Steve got tagged with a left hook when he was opening up to throw a right hand he fell backwards more due to balance than anything else. It happened again a few seconds later. Stunned? I didn't notice that at all.

Looking forward to your score Steve Z.

Obama
08-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Where'd he stun Collins in the exchange I posted? I mean Steve got tagged with a left hook when he was opening up to throw a right hand he fell backwards more due to balance than anything else. It happened again a few seconds later. Stunned? I didn't notice that at all.

Went and looked at the full round again. Pre KD I got Eubank clearly out pointing Collins. There was no posturing. Collins may have thrown more punches but his accuracy was shit. Post KD I got Eubank landing a big left hook, then a big over hand right, then another big left hook that had Collins holding on afterwards. Collins is not the type to hold on unless he's hurt. You're right about Collins landing some good counters in those final moments tho, but they just don't outweigh Eubanks 3 big punches or his good work earlier in the round.

Layton
08-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Round 1
Both fighters did not a lot to impress but i give the round to collins on pure work rate.
Collins - 10 Eubank - 9

Round 2
knockdown not given then collins does the better work gotta give it to collins.
Collins - 10 Eubank - 9

Round 3
Eubank does the better work in this round, nice jabs and doesnt get caught as much.
Collins - 9 Eubank - 10

Round 4
another round for Eubank he knocks collins in to the ropes and doesnt get hit alot good round for Eubank.
Collins - 9 Eubank - 10

Round 5
Tight round but collins does the better punching,Collins on clean affective punching
Collins - 10 Eubank - 9

Round 6
neither fighter impresses in this lacklustre round but i give it to collins on pure work rate.
Collins - 10 Eubank - 9

Round 7
again collins just about does enough to win another round
Collins - 10 Eubank - 9

Round 8
because of the knockdown i gave this round to collins .
Collins - 10 Eubank - 8

Round 9
although collins was effective i felt eubank got through with enough to earn him a share of the round
Collins - 10 Eubank - 10

Round 10
Eubank wins the round due to a knockdown
Collins - 8 Eubank - 10

Round 11
Eubank clearly wins this round collins didnt get much if any success in the round
Collins - 9 Eubank - 10

Round 12
Collins is in defence mode cant see no other out come than a Eubank round
Collins - 9 Eubank - 10

Totals
Eubank - 113 Collins - 114

diegoyeye
11-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Round 1:
- Eubank 10
- Collins 9
Round 2:
- Eubank 9
- Collins 10
Round 3:
- Eubank 9
- Collins 10
Round 4:
- Eubank 10
- Collins 9
Round 5:
- Eubank 9
- Collins 10
Round 6:
- Eubank 10
- Collins 10
Round 7:
- Eubank 9
- Collins 10
Round 8:
- Eubank 9
- Collins 10
Round 9:
- Eubank 9
- Collins 10
Round 10:
- Eubank 10
- Collins 8
Round 11:
- Eubank 9
- Collins 10
Round 12:
- Eubank 10
- Collins 9

TOTALS --> 115 - 113 Collins

Obama
11-19-2010, 08:13 AM
If only the other scoring league threads got as much attention as the first one. lol. Thanks diego.

jmc617
11-19-2010, 08:15 AM
If only the other scoring league threads got as much attention as the first one. lol. Thanks diego.

I'll jump in this weekend to do 2 more, hopefully.

diegoyeye
11-19-2010, 09:46 AM
I'll jump in this weekend to do 2 more, hopefully.

I'm going to do Holmes vs Witherspoon tomorrow.

Mastrangelo
08-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Chris Eubank - Steve Collins I
Round 1:9:10
Not too much action and pretty even round.
Round 2:9:10
Round started well for Eubank, he was even able to put Collins on the canvas, but referee missed that. After the knockdown Collins started to outwork Eubank and use his jab pretty effective.
Round 3:9:10
Eubank stil wasn't active enough and Collins took another round.
Round 4:10:9
Best round so far for Eubank. Partly because Collins slowed down a bit and partly because he was doing better job with avoiding Collins punches now.
Round 5:9:10
Collins is more active again this round and lands better punches.
Round 6:10:9
Collins slowed down again and Eubank showed some great head movement to take the close round.
Round 7:9:10
It looked like Eubank wasn't even trying to win this round.
Round 8:9:10
Round was open till Collins knocked Eubank down. Chris wasn't really hurt and seemed to hurt Irishman in the last seconds to make it 9:10.
Round 9:9:10
Pretty good round for Collins, who again was just throwing much more than Eubank.
Round10:10:8
Eubank came out more aggressive and knocked Collins down with good righ hand. Not much really happend then, as both fighters was rather dancing around than fighting.
Round11:10:9
Very close round, but Eubank landed slightly more.
Round12:10:9
Eubank landed some good right handes and Collins seemed confident, that he is leading on the scorecards.
Final Result:113:114 Collins ,Officially:114:116,111:115,113:114 Collins.
It seems that the situation from round 2, when Judge missed a knockdown was decisive to the fight. Other than that, scoring judges did their job well.

imported_Nothingman
09-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Here finally is my score:
Round 1: Collins 9-10
Round 2: Collins 9-10
Round 3: Collins 9-10
Round 4: even 10-10 *In my mind, Eubank just didnt do enough to win this round, he started well but then fell flat and let Collins bully him.
Round 5: Collins 9-10
Round 6: Collins 9-10
Round 7: Collins 9-10
Round 8: Collins 8-10 *Collins knocked Eubank down, then Eubank hurt him but still didn't have him out on his feet and Collins fought back till the bell.
Round 9: Collins 9-10
Round 10: Eubank 10-8
Round 11: Eubank 10-9 *Almost even, but Eubank landed the cleaner shots and made Collins miss.
Round 12: Eubank 10-9 *Eubank finishes strong as Collins has tired.

117-111 Collins (8-3-1)

This was a clear as a day Collins victory, to score it for Eubank is a travesty!

Mauriki
09-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Eubank - Collins

10 10
9 10
10 9
10 9
9 10
9 10
9 10
8 10
10 10
10 8
10 9
10 9

R1
Eubank in distance, landing the more accurate punches. Good footwork, too, but Collins able to land once in a while. Study round.
R2
Slipping by Collins, no KD, acoording to referee. Eubank landin few shots and Collins putting pressure on him. Landing also a good right and some jabs. Eubanks missing a few shots till the bell.
R3
Eubank trying to put order whit his jab but Collins still able to land on him in the center of the ring. Good shots by both figther but Eubank taking control with his jab.
R4 Collins starts well but half round Eubank looks dominant, landing good jabs and rights.
R5. Collins able to avoid Eubank jab and landing good lefts and rights. Eubank in balance but not throwing with enough frequency.
R6. Collins putting more pressure on Eubank who misses in counterpunch.
R7 Collins putting pressure but Eubank counterpunching him. Collins landing good shots to punctuate the round.
R8. Eubank down with a bodyshot. Good round for Collins.
R9. Very even round but Collins puttins some good pressure.
R10. I think Eubank disrupted Collins rythm and won the round. Plus the KD.
R11. Round for Eubank.
R12. Collins looks very tire. Round for Eubank

A DRAW!