*Bernabe Concepcion
Rolando Navarrete
Jesus Salud
*Marvin Sonsona

Starred fighters are still fighting

I consider the first 3 ATGs

Rawly
10-09-2009, 12:18 AM
I thought Viloria was Hawaiian? Filipino Descent perhaps?

I'm pretty sure we'll have to add Marvin Sonsona to the list @ some point in the near future.

Obama
10-09-2009, 12:29 AM
I thought Viloria was Hawaiian? Filipino Descent perhaps?

I'm pretty sure we'll have to add Marvin Sonsona to the list @ some point in the near future.

Maybe we should call all the Mexicans born here Californian then. @-)

As for Sonsona, hell I'll add him now. It's not like it's a long list anyways....

Obama
03-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Posted Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:18pm
By Michael RosenthalBuzz up!

1910s – Pancho Villa: First great Filipino boxer was 15-0 in the decade
1920s – Pancho Villa: Became one of the greatest flyweights ever but died at 23
1930s – Ceferino Garcia: Middleweight title claimant was in many huge fights
1940s – Little Dado: Title claimant at flyweight and bantamweight
1950s – Dado Marino: World flyweight champion from 1950 to 1952
1960s – Flash Elorde: Hall of Famer held junior lightweight title from 1960 to 1967
1970s -- Ben Villaflor: Two-time junior lightweight titleholder
1980s – Dodie Boy Penalosa: Titleholder at junior flyweight and flyweight
1990s – Luisito Espinosa: Held titles at bantamweight and featherweight
2000s – Manny Pacquiao: Became No. 1 fighter in the world pound for pound

Source: http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1706/10_greatest_filipino_boxers_by_decade/

E-DUBB
03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
you know i was thinking about something...how come american born fighters of other nationalities other than black and caucasian qualify under the category of what ever nation they descend from but mexican american fighters are generally considered seperate from mexican born fighters???

i thought about this because i was having a discussion with a friend of mine about the greatest mexican fighters who ever lived and j.m. marquez making a possible run at being the first ever mexican to win world titles in 4 weight classes...than it crossed my mind that oscar delahoya is mexican and did win world titles in 4 weight classes from 135-154(i dont count his bogus titles at 130 or 160)...i also got to thinking about lists like this one as well as the italian fighter thread from a month or so back that includes american born fighters of both phillipino and italian descent but when talking about mexican fighters born and raised primarily in the states(delahoya,vargas,juarez,diaz,ortiz etc.) they are usually seperated from their mexican born counterparts...

i know this is off topic but it was just one of those things i had been pondering over:-??

Obama
03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
you know i was thinking about something...how come american born fighters of other nationalities other than black and caucasian qualify under the category of what ever nation they descend from but mexican american fighters are generally considered seperate from mexican born fighters???

i thought about this because i was having a discussion with a friend of mine about the greatest mexican fighters who ever lived and j.m. marquez making a possible run at being the first ever mexican to win world titles in 4 weight classes...than it crossed my mind that oscar delahoya is mexican and did win world titles in 4 weight classes from 135-154(i dont count his bogus titles at 130 or 160)...i also got to thinking about lists like this one as well as the italian fighter thread from a month or so back that includes american born fighters of both phillipino and italian descent but when talking about mexican fighters born and raised primarily in the states(delahoya,vargas,juarez,diaz,ortiz etc.) they are usually seperated from their mexican born counterparts...

i know this is off topic but it was just one of those things i had been pondering over:-??

I wouldn't include all Caucasians or Negros. WASPs, definitely. But not everyone. Assuming there's no breeding with fully accepted Americans, second generation eastern Europeans will often be considered a member of their former nation. So will second generation Africans.

Anyways the explanation for the divide is rather simple. It's got less to do with being an authentic American and more to do with English heritage. Descendants from the UK, USA, Canada, or even Australia, once born in the US, are accepted as Americans. Everybody else better hope at least one of their parents was already from the US. Or at least learn how to speak fluent English without an accent.

In the cases where descendants are not fully accepted, the countries of their parents hold claim to them.