PDA

View Full Version : What Happens If Kessler brutally KO's Ward?

AllTimeGreat
08-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Ward has been dropped before. And i think Kessler will stop him. Now my question is. If its a brutal stoppage. Say e.g something similar to Hatton vs Pacquaio. How can Ward fight again in just 6 months against another top Super mid? Maybe he could fight 8 months later in a tune up.

Obama
08-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Ward has been dropped before. And i think Kessler will stop him. Now my question is. If its a brutal stoppage. Say e.g something similar to Hatton vs Pacquaio. How can Ward fight again in just 6 months against another top Super mid? Maybe he could fight 8 months later in a tune up.

Ward is not Hatton. He's not battered before the fight even starts. He'll be able to recover.

That said, the KO is never going to happen. :rolleyes:

AllTimeGreat
08-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Ward is not Hatton. He's not battered before the fight even starts. He'll be able to recover.

That said, the KO is never going to happen. :rolleyes:

Kessler is a very big guy. :D

Sy95JmNB4g0

Obama
08-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Kessler is not that big. Ward is roughly the same size. According to boxrec they have the same height and reach. Ward is also a moving target just like Calzaghe, Kessler is going to struggle with that all night.

Rawly
08-03-2009, 04:02 PM

I would laugh Hysterically. Although I'm not too sure that could happen, yea Wards' been chinny in the past and Kessler isn't feather fisted or anything but the way each one fights it'll be a rather technical fight with no KDs'.

HeavyHitter
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Kessler is not that big. Ward is roughly the same size. According to boxrec they have the same height and reach. Ward is also a moving target just like Calzaghe, Kessler is going to struggle with that all night.

When Kessler came to Australia he was 5 KG's above the SMW limit on fight night. I agree it's going 12. Wide UD for Kessler.

jmc617
08-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Then it will be shocking and Kessler will be the odds on fav to win the entire tournament pushing Abraham to the side. I doubt it will go down like that. I just think Kessler is lacking killer instinct or something. He is aggressive and has knockouts but he isn't a killer in there. He would also have to land a great shot on the faster Ward. Ravelo and Miranda landed some hard shots on Ward and he went absolutely no where.

Violent Demise
08-14-2009, 03:47 AM

You can't just go off Boxing rec. They might be close to the same height. But it's pretty obvious Kessler is naturally bigger and looks stronger.

Obama
08-14-2009, 03:51 AM
You can't just go off Boxing rec. They might be close to the same height. But it's pretty obvious Kessler is naturally bigger and looks stronger.

Kessler looks stronger to me, but naturally bigger, no. That I don't see. Ward's finesse is another form of strength. He was actually able to rough up Miranda some on the inside, which was physically very impressive.

Violent Demise
08-14-2009, 04:10 AM
Kessler looks stronger to me, but naturally bigger, no. That I don't see. Ward's finesse is another form of strength. He was actually able to rough up Miranda some on the inside, which was physically very impressive.

And? It's only Miranda. Not only is he done, but when Ward actually started roughing him up, Miranda was already desperate and had reduced himself to looking for the home run punch.

Not only that but Ward is actually bigger than Miranda. What was impressive about it?

Obama
08-14-2009, 04:11 AM
And? It's only Miranda. Not only is he done, but when Ward actually started roughing him up, Miranda was already desperate and had reduced himself to looking for the home run punch.

Not only that but Ward is actually bigger than Miranda. What was impressive about it?

It's impressive cuz Miranda is as strong as an OX.

Violent Demise
08-14-2009, 04:21 AM
It's impressive cuz Miranda is as strong as an OX.

He only did it for like a round of two. Like i said, by than Miranda was just swinging for the fences.

Obama
08-14-2009, 04:26 AM
He only did it for like a round of two. Like i said, by than Miranda was just swinging for the fences.

Miranda swinging for the fences doesn't make it less impressive to me. Ward showed he's no push over.

Violent Demise
08-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Miranda swinging for the fences doesn't make it less impressive to me. Ward showed he's no push over.

Beating and pushing Miranda around don't mean much no more.

Obama
08-14-2009, 04:37 AM
Beating and pushing Miranda around don't mean much no more.

Well, the only other guys that did it are considered physically strong. So I'll go out on a limb. I don't see Miranda any more past it now than he was in the first Pavlik fight.

Violent Demise
08-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Well, the only other guys that did it are considered physically strong. So I'll go out on a limb. I don't see Miranda any more past it now than he was in the first Pavlik fight.

Your ass is gonna fall when that limb breaks. Miranda no longer has that intimidation factor. For a fighter like him, that's a big loss. Guys ain't scared of him no more.

Obama
02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Your ass is gonna fall when that limb breaks. Miranda no longer has that intimidation factor. For a fighter like him, that's a big loss. Guys ain't scared of him no more.

Looks like it was a strong limb. :))

Violent Demise
02-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Looks like it was a strong limb. :))

You do realize that except for pulling out of fights Miranda ain't done shit since that conversation, right? And no. Stopping Francisco Sierra in 1 doesn't count.

Obama
02-17-2010, 06:17 PM
You do realize that except for pulling out of fights Miranda ain't done shit since that conversation, right? And no. Stopping Francisco Sierra in 1 doesn't count.

Miranda did better than Kessler. Clearly Miranda is not done. Ward is just on another level. Time for you to accept it already.

Violent Demise
02-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Miranda did better than Kessler. Clearly Miranda is not done. Ward is just on another level. Time for you to accept it already.

How is that? Cuz his fight went the distance? That don't mean shit. Neither one won more than a round against Ward. So really what exactly about Miranda performance was it that impress you so much? Miranda is fucking done. And he knows it. Just read this recent quote.

"I have nothing against Bute. I will prepare myself. I may not win, but I guarantee you will all be very happy (ticket purchasers). I have a lot of respect to InterBox and Bute. In the 12th round of Bute vs Andrade, Bute was hurt and Andrade hit him and he (Bute) still got up. I said he is a real champion. He fights with his heart, like me. I want to fight him."

He's practically sucking Bute's dick. He never spoke like that about an opponent before a fight. And what the fuck is with this "I may not win" shit? He already has doubt in head and the fight is still a month away. That fool is done. He's broken. His intimidation factor is gone. Ain't nobody fear his ass any more.

Obama
02-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Miranda is just a realist now. He used to think he was great and could beat anyone. Now he sees his limitations. I see nothing wrong with it.

Violent Demise
02-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Miranda is just a realist now. He used to think he was great and could beat anyone. Now he sees his limitations. I see nothing wrong with it.

Exactly. He now understands he sucks. When will you?

Obama
02-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Exactly. He now understands he sucks. When will you?

He's a B level fighter. If he sucks, so do 99% of all professional fighters.

Violent Demise
02-18-2010, 03:16 AM
He's a B level fighter. If he sucks, so do 99% of all professional fighters.

He was B-level. Them days over

Obama
02-18-2010, 03:23 AM
He was B-level. Them days over

Losing to guys above B level doesn't make "them days over". You're imagining shit.

Violent Demise
02-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Losing to guys above B level doesn't make "them days over". You're imagining shit.

Robert Stieglitz is barely B. And Miranda pulled out. He no longer believes in himself. He took the Bute fight only for the money. Even he knows he ain't winning. How can a fighter with no confidence be considered B level?

Obama
02-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Robert Stieglitz is barely B. And Miranda pulled out. He no longer believes in himself. He took the Bute fight only for the money. Even he knows he ain't winning. How can a fighter with no confidence be considered B level?

His reasons for pulling out of the Stieglitz fight might be entirely legitimate....

And he knows how good Bute is. Bute's the #1 SMW in the world right now, Miranda knows his work is cut out for him. All he said is that he might not win. Anyone should claim such a thing when challenging the best in the world.

He knows his only shot is to get Bute tired and knock him out, so that's what he's going to try to do. When you only have one strategy to win a fight...acknowledging you might not win is pretty smart.