PDA

View Full Version : Pavlik In A Fight With A Fan, Pavlik Punched Him In The Groin?

AllTimeGreat
07-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I just wish the Williams fight was done already. All this stalling, Pavlik may not fight until December.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/jul/27/boardman-man-tells-youngstown-police-pavlik-hit/?newswatch

And what is he doing at a bar?

Obama
07-28-2009, 01:31 PM
And what is he doing at a bar?

Um, socializing?

AllTimeGreat
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Um, socializing?

True but its not that smart of an idea when theres romours you have a drinking problem. Anyhow i was reading what a local said in a comment and he said if you go to that part of town your looking for trouble. Apparently its on the poor side of the city.

Obama
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Well, chalk Kelly Pavlik up as the next Ricky Hatton. Only problem was Kelly's version of Kostya Tszyu (Hopkins) happened to school him.

Rawly
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Kelly got some change in his pocket and now he's like Fuck It. Better hope that PW fight does not happen.

Rayman
07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Speaking of Pavlik, Had to LOL at this months RING mag. It names top ten potential fights for Pacqiauo and Pavlik. was #10. Are they serious? Talk about an "Assult in the Ring". Talk about too high of expectations.....It's almost as bad as Obama the president. :p

Obama
07-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Speaking of Pavlik, Had to LOL at this months RING mag. It names top ten potential fights for Pacqiauo and Pavlik. was #10. Are they serious? Talk about an "Assult in the Ring". Talk about too high of expectations.....It's almost as bad as Obama the president. :p

OoOoOoOo wise ass.... But wise remark aside, yea, the expectations would be pretty absurd. Maybe they were just trying to be funny for the last one?

Obama
07-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Looks like the initial news report blew things out of proportion:

Police: No evidence Pavlik assaulted man in club

Jul 28, 4:17 pm EDT

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP)—Police say they have found no evidence that WBC middleweight boxing champion Kelly Pavlik and his trainer assaulted a man in a nightclub last weekend in Pavlik’s hometown of Youngstown.
No charges have been filed.
Youngstown Police Chief Jimmy Hughes said Tuesday the initial investigation into a report filed by 45-year-old Ronald Cappitte of Boardman has turned up no corroborating evidence.
Cappitte alleges he walked up to Pavlik in a bar about 11 p.m. Saturday, said, “Hi,” and was punched in the groin. A police report says he fell, got up and was punched repeatedly in the body by Pavlik and trainer Jack Loew.
Loew said the incident “got so blown out of proportion.”
He said Kelly and Cappitte have been friends for years.
“They were goofing around and the next thing I know he lunges at Kelly and grabs him by the neck, and Kelly thinks they’re still playing. He’s laughing around. And my wife says to me, ‘Jack, I don’t think this kid is playing around anymore.’ And I stepped between them.”

Loew said he and Pavlik had just arrived at the East Side Civics club. The two had been at an amateur boxing show that was a fundraiser for Pavlik’s gym, the Southside Boxing Club, where the boxer trains.
“There was not one punch thrown,” Loew said. “We were having a great time. We just got there.”
“I’m 49 years old. I got no use to be rumbling on bar floors. Things are going too good for me these days to be doing that.”
Loew said several other people at the bar got into a scuffle after he pulled Pavlik away.
John D’Altorio Sr., one of Pavlik’s publicists and friends, said Pavlik and Cappitte were “horsing around” and things got a little out of hand. He said Pavlik frequents the club and is very popular.
As for Loew, “Jack was trying to break things up,” D’Altorio said.
Pavlik has held the WBC middleweight title since September 2007 and has successfully defended his title twice, most recently in February with a ninth-round TKO over Marco Rubio in Youngstown.
AP Sports Writer Dave Skretta in New York contributed to this report.