PDA

View Full Version : ..How Did You Score MARQUEZ-PACQUIAO II...

..Calderon...
04-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm just curious. If you could, I'd love a round by round thing. Otherwise, just the tallies.

Obama
04-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Round 1: 10-9 Pacquiao
In the first minute, the most notable impression is Pacquiao's straight left hand. The rest of the exchanges were pretty much even. In the second minute Pac is landing a little better, but Marquez lands a hard right at the end to punctuate it. In the last minute Pac land's a pretty good left hand, but JMM returns with a good body shot. Very close round, but Pacquiao overall landed better and deserved to win the round for me.

Round 2: 9-10 Marquez
Not much to choose from in the first half of this round. Non-noteworthy exchanges going back and forth. Then, Marquez lands a nice reaching left hook. A somewhat intense change commenses near the end of the 2nd minute of the round, where it ends with Pac slightly buckling Marquez's knees. But, as they trade down the stretch, Marquez is clearly more effective and buckles Pac's knees much more noticeably.

Round 3: 10-8 Pacquiao
Pacquiao lands yet another good straight left hand on Marquez halfway through the first minute, but the punch is easily eclipsed by a straight right that Marquez lands in the end of this minute that sent Pac realing. In the second minute not much happens, but Marquez is touching Pac's body enough to flat out outpoint him. In the third minute they get intense again, straight rights from Marquez, straight lefts from Pacquiao, and about halfway in Pac wobbles Marquez a little with a big straight left. Marquez, who always likes to answer back, decides to take a bit more chances, and Pac floors him with a short left hook. Pac almost floors Marquez again before the round is over, as JMM holds on to the ropes to stay afoot. Huge round for Pacquiao.

Round 4: 10-9 Pacquiao
In the first minute of this round Pac is fierce, but JMM is very cagey. He does a good job of countering Pac's aggression. In the second minute, both fighters land bombs, but Pac's hurt more, and are more frequently landed. In the early stages of the third minute Pac throws a straight left so hard that Marquez (who deflected it somewhat) slides back a foot. JMM is not phased however, and comes back with a good left hook 15 seconds later. Both fighters land decent right hands with 25 seconds to go in the round, Marquez's slightly better. The rest of the round is close, edge to Marquez. This is a tough round to score, from what was being landed alone it's pretty even. Edge Pacquiao however because he took all the risks and forced the action throughout.

Round 5: 9-10 Marquez
Marquez easily wins the first minute of this round by just touching Pac's body with the jab. Pac opens the 2nd minute trying to land two good jabs upstairs of his own (don't really land however), and Marquez answers back with a counter right hand. Halfway into the second minute Marquez begins to briefly light Pac up. Pac is unphased, but is getting hit flush repeatedly. Then there's basically no action for half a minute, with Pac opening up the last minute of the round with a strong right jab, and a follow up straight left that missed. Marquez comes back with a good left hook to the body. Pac comes back with another good jab. Marquez comes back with a short right hook that catches Pac completely off guard. Pac searches for Marquez for a while then lands another hard semi-straight left hand. Marquez then searches for Pac and catches him with a big straight right hand that semi-shook Pac. Both men try to rally down the stretch but nothing more worth noting takes place. This is a good round, and Marquez won it.

Round 6: 9-10 Marquez
In the first minute, Marquez pot shots Pac and clearly dominates. Pac lands a good right/left hook combination to start the 2nd minute of this round, then Marquez outboxes him for the rest of it, landing some very well placed shots in the process. The first half of the 3rd minute had both fighters missing a lot, but the last 30 seconds had numerous effective exchanges, where Marquez clearly took control. So far, this is Marquez's clearest won round of the fight.

Round 7: 9-10 Marquez
Marquez continues where he left off in the last round, until he's cut due to an accidental head butt. After the doctor clears him to continue the action swings in Pac's favor. While Pac clearly wins the middle portion of the round, Marquez is very competitive in the exchanges, and actually edges it down the strength of the round. Pac left the biggest impression, but Marquez was always game and was winning at the beginning and the end.

Round 8: 9-10 Marquez
Marquez lands two straight rights early in this round that gets Pac's attention. Manny acknowledges the effectiveness of the punches and motions Marquez to bring it on. The punches caused one of Manny's eye to bleed, and it began to effect his vision. Marquez then took advantage and just started beating Pac up. Pac is on a sustained retreat for the first time in the fight. Pac steps up the aggression toward the end of the round, but is clearly outclassed the entire time. JMM wins a big round, but is unable to hurt Pac aside from the eye cut early on to earn him a 2 margin point round.

Round 9: 9-10 Marquez
Pac's vision returns to him this round, but Marquez is still outclassing him. It's however much more competitive now, and with a little more than 1 minute and 20 seconds to go in the round Pac finally lands another one of his good straight left hands. Pac then lands a big jab with about 50 seconds to go in the round. So far, this is ALL Pac has down this round, yet somehow Lampley and Stewart can be heard in the background slurping his penis like it was a slurpy (7 Eleven reference). With 23 seconds to go, Marquez sees the doctor again about another cut above his other eye. Pac and JMM then finish the round by trading shots with each other, edge Marquez. This round I comment on only what Pac did for the most part, considering it saves me a lot of time typing. In short, Pac was out classed, and landed a good couple shots here and there in the process.

Round 10: 10-9 Pacquiao
Early in the 10th, Pac buckles Marquez's knees. Marquez activity and energy takes a nose dive and this becomes Pac's round. 2 minutes into the round and Marquez hasn't done anything. He finally gets in some deflected blows and decent body shots in the last minute, but it's a clear Pac round from the early onslaught.

Round 11: 10-9 Pacquiao
This was a close round. Pac showed versatility in this round, demonstrating superior boxing skills to Marquez at various points. Marquez was still pretty good countering through and through, but he's appeared to have faded and Pac was the one bouncing and putting together the nice combinations. I edge this round to Pacquiao.

Round 12: 9-10 Marquez
Marquez starts this round strong and clearly takes the first minute, throwing punches from multiple angles and getting through the guard that Pac used effectively in the last two rounds. Pac tries to get his offense off but Marquez is ducking under all the punches until about 1 minute and 23 seconds to go in the round, where Pac finally lands a 1-2 combination. Then Pac finally established an offense, but Marquez is picking him off with beautiful counters. Overall, the harder, and the most shots were landed by Marquez.

Final Score: 5-7 Marquez (114-113)

*May consider re-evaluating rounds 4, 9, and 11.

..Calderon...
04-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Round 1: 10-9 Pacquiao
In the first minute, the most notable impression is Pacquiao's straight left hand. The rest of the exchanges were pretty much even. In the second minute Pac is landing a little better, but Marquez lands a hard right at the end to punctuate it. In the last minute Pac land's a pretty good left hand, but JMM returns with a good body shot. Very close round, but Pacquiao overall landed better and deserved to win the round for me.

Round 2: 9-10 Marquez
Not much to choose from in the first half of this round. Non-noteworthy exchanges going back and forth. Then, Marquez lands a nice reaching left hook. A somewhat intense change commenses near the end of the 2nd minute of the round, where it ends with Pac slightly buckling Marquez's knees. But, as they trade down the stretch, Marquez is clearly more effective and buckles Pac's knees much more noticeably.

Round 3: 10-8 Pacquiao
Pacquiao lands yet another good straight left hand on Marquez halfway through the first minute, but the punch is easily eclipsed by a straight right that Marquez lands in the end of this minute that sent Pac realing. In the second minute not much happens, but Marquez is touching Pac's body enough to flat out outpoint him. In the third minute they get intense again, straight rights from Marquez, straight lefts from Pacquiao, and about halfway in Pac wobbles Marquez a little with a big straight left. Marquez, who always likes to answer back, decides to take a bit more chances, and Pac floors him with a short left hook. Pac almost floors Marquez again before the round is over, as JMM holds on to the ropes to stay afoot. Huge round for Pacquiao.

Round 4: 10-9 Pacquiao
In the first minute of this round Pac is fierce, but JMM is very cagey. He does a good job of countering Pac's aggression. In the second minute, both fighters land bombs, but Pac's hurt more, and are more frequently landed. In the early stages of the third minute Pac throws a straight left so hard that Marquez (who deflected it somewhat) slides back a foot. JMM is not phased however, and comes back with a good left hook 15 seconds later. Both fighters land decent right hands with 25 seconds to go in the round, Marquez's slightly better. The rest of the round is close, edge to Marquez. This is a tough round to score, from what was being landed alone it's pretty even. Edge Pacquiao however because he took all the risks and forced the action throughout.

Round 5: 9-10 Marquez
Marquez easily wins the first minute of this round by just touching Pac's body with the jab. Pac opens the 2nd minute trying to land two good jabs upstairs of his own (don't really land however), and Marquez answers back with a counter right hand. Halfway into the second minute Marquez begins to briefly light Pac up. Pac is unphased, but is getting hit flush repeatedly. Then there's basically no action for half a minute, with Pac opening up the last minute of the round with a strong right jab, and a follow up straight left that missed. Marquez comes back with a good left hook to the body. Pac comes back with another good jab. Marquez comes back with a short right hook that catches Pac completely off guard. Pac searches for Marquez for a while then lands another hard semi-straight left hand. Marquez then searches for Pac and catches him with a big straight right hand that semi-shook Pac. Both men try to rally down the stretch but nothing more worth noting takes place. This is a good round, and Marquez won it.

Round 6: 9-10 Marquez
In the first minute, Marquez pot shots Pac and clearly dominates. Pac lands a good right/left hook combination to start the 2nd minute of this round, then Marquez outboxes him for the rest of it, landing some very well placed shots in the process. The first half of the 3rd minute had both fighters missing a lot, but the last 30 seconds had numerous effective exchanges, where Marquez clearly took control. So far, this is Marquez's clearest won round of the fight.

Round 7: 9-10 Marquez
Marquez continues where he left off in the last round, until he's cut due to an accidental head butt. After the doctor clears him to continue the action swings in Pac's favor. While Pac clearly wins the middle portion of the round, Marquez is very competitive in the exchanges, and actually edges it down the strength of the round. Pac left the biggest impression, but Marquez was always game and was winning at the beginning and the end.

Round 8: 9-10 Marquez
Marquez lands two straight rights early in this round that gets Pac's attention. Manny acknowledges the effectiveness of the punches and motions Marquez to bring it on. The punches caused one of Manny's eye to bleed, and it began to effect his vision. Marquez then took advantage and just started beating Pac up. Pac is on a sustained retreat for the first time in the fight. Pac steps up the aggression toward the end of the round, but is clearly outclassed the entire time. JMM wins a big round, but is unable to hurt Pac aside from the eye cut early on to earn him a 2 margin point round.

Round 9: 9-10 Marquez
Pac's vision returns to him this round, but Marquez is still outclassing him. It's however much more competitive now, and with a little more than 1 minute and 20 seconds to go in the round Pac finally lands another one of his good straight left hands. Pac then lands a big jab with about 50 seconds to go in the round. So far, this is ALL Pac has down this round, yet somehow Lampley and Stewart can be heard in the background slurping his penis like it was a slurpy (7 Eleven reference). With 23 seconds to go, Marquez sees the doctor again about another cut above his other eye. Pac and JMM then finish the round by trading shots with each other, edge Marquez. This round I comment on only what Pac did for the most part, considering it saves me a lot of time typing. In short, Pac was out classed, and landed a good couple shots here and there in the process.

Round 10: 10-9 Pacquiao
Early in the 10th, Pac buckles Marquez's knees. Marquez activity and energy takes a nose dive and this becomes Pac's round. 2 minutes into the round and Marquez hasn't done anything. He finally gets in some deflected blows and decent body shots in the last minute, but it's a clear Pac round from the early onslaught.

Round 11: 10-9 Pacquiao
This was a close round. Pac showed versatility in this round, demonstrating superior boxing skills to Marquez at various points. Marquez was still pretty good countering through and through, but he's appeared to have faded and Pac was the one bouncing and putting together the nice combinations. I edge this round to Pacquiao.

Round 12: 9-10 Marquez
Marquez starts this round strong and clearly takes the first minute, throwing punches from multiple angles and getting through the guard that Pac used effectively in the last two rounds. Pac tries to get his offense off but Marquez is ducking under all the punches until about 1 minute and 23 seconds to go in the round, where Pac finally lands a 1-2 combination. Then Pac finally established an offense, but Marquez is picking him off with beautiful counters. Overall, the harder, and the most shots were landed by Marquez.

Final Score: 5-7 Marquez (114-113)

*May consider re-evaluating rounds 4, 9, and 11.

Not sure about the rounds, but I had 114-113 as well. I had it for Marquez. Nonetheless, I don't complain about the verdict. It was that kind of fight. Very close.

I'll rewatch the fight soon and give the round to round thing.

Sweet Pea
04-30-2009, 07:52 AM
I had it 115-112 for Marquez.

Championship Rounds
05-01-2009, 01:46 AM
It seems everyone has Marquez winning so far. Im no different with that because i had him winning with a round or so.

Good fight, but i just couldnt see givig it to Pacquiao on that night. Need the trilogy to figure this one out....

Sweet Pea
05-01-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't think we'll see Marquez-Pacquiao III. Pacquiao has other plans and Marquez is to old to wait for him.

Violent Demise
05-03-2009, 01:42 AM
I had it 115-112 for Marquez.

i think i had it the same

Sweet Pea
05-03-2009, 07:25 AM
i think i had it the same

Don't see how this fight could have been scored for Manny.