PDA

View Full Version : Paul Williams vs Mikkel Kessler? And the other Middleweights? Pavlik?

AllTimeGreat
04-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Who wins? :)

The fight that was a no contest last month. Is now some kind of pick em.

Also on Pavlik and Abraham?

Wright showed something special last night.

Obama
04-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm not picking Paul to beat any top Middleweight yet, aside from Felix Sturm. And I'm not picking him to beat any top SMW period.

You're jumping the gun. The fact that he beat Wright easily doesn't say all that much about how he'd do against these guys. I need to see the man take a hard hitting Middleweight punch before I'll even consider such things. His style guarantees he'll get clocked from time to time. The question is can he take it? We don't know.

Violent Demise
04-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm not picking Paul to beat any top Middleweight yet, aside from Felix Sturm. And I'm not picking him to beat any top SMW period.

You're jumping the gun. The fact that he beat Wright easily doesn't say all that much about how he'd do against these guys. I need to see the man take a hard hitting Middleweight punch before I'll even consider such things. His style guarantees he'll get clocked from time to time. The question is can he take it? We don't know.

I was thinking the same thing. Williams is a good fighter. But he's being seriously overrated. I await the Williams-Klistchko threads that I'm sure will come

bombfirst
04-17-2009, 04:28 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Williams is a good fighter. But he's being seriously overrated. I await the Williams-Klistchko threads that I'm sure will come

Haha yeah it wouldn't shock me. To soon to be thinking about top Super Middles for the punisher. I'd like to see him drop back and clean out 154lb next

AllTimeGreat
04-17-2009, 04:39 AM
Haha yeah it wouldn't shock me. To soon to be thinking about top Super Middles for the punisher. I'd like to see him drop back and clean out 154lb next

His greatest assett is volume of punches. And if he was a big banger at Middleweight e.g Abraham, people wouldn't give him a chance with Kessler. But when your throwing 100 punches a round, things become unclear.

How would Williams vs Kessler go? I think.

Scenario A: Williams throws enormous amount of punches. Kessler gets frustrated. Even though hes controlling the movement in the ring, hes not landing. And Williams scrapes through winning rounds.

Scenario B: Kessler catches him and ends it.

But Williams is definetely in there with a chance.

Obama
04-17-2009, 05:05 AM
WIlliams has a lot he could prove against guys like Santos, Forrest, Mayorga, even Spinks. They will all add wrinkles to his game, and he'd be favored to win every fight. I give Santos the best chance to beat him. If he fights and beats two of those guys (provided the two aren't Mayorga and Spinks), then he should campaign at 160.

Scott22
04-17-2009, 11:06 PM
WIlliams has a lot he could prove against guys like Santos, Forrest, Mayorga, even Spinks. They will all add wrinkles to his game, and he'd be favored to win every fight. I give Santos the best chance to beat him. If he fights and beats two of those guys (provided the two aren't Mayorga and Spinks), then he should campaign at 160.

i would only want to see him against santos and maybe forrest. mayorga is finished. and i think spinks is to

Obama
04-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Well if Spinks beats Lattimore, as I'm predicting he will, he'll be a champ again. Makes him all the more viable. I think Spinks would jump through hoops to give Williams a shot at the title to be honest. He knows he at least once had the tools to school Williams. Stylistically, he'd be a nightmare. It'd be like Quintanna to the second power as far as all the problems he would pose.

Violent Demise
04-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Well if Spinks beats Lattimore, as I'm predicting he will, he'll be a champ again. Makes him all the more viable. I think Spinks would jump through hoops to give Williams a shot at the title to be honest. He knows he at least once had the tools to school Williams. Stylistically, he'd be a nightmare. It'd be like Quintanna to the second power as far as all the problems he would pose.

I'm taking Lattimore to finish Spinks as a contender. I think he's catching him at the right time. Spinks has clearly slowed down some. I think Williams would roll right over him. Quintana at least had some power to keep Williams honest. Spinks doesn't. Williams can beat him on volume alone

Obama
04-18-2009, 12:40 AM
I watched this Lattimore guy on youtube. He doesn't impress me. And I don't see what he has that will beat Spinks. Spinks will obviously need to beat him decisively to keep the door open for Williams. I could see him tripping Williams up all over the ring. But, the legs may be gone...we'll see shortly.

Scott22
04-18-2009, 12:50 AM
I watched this Lattimore guy on youtube. He doesn't impress me. And I don't see what he has that will beat Spinks. Spinks will obviously need to beat him decisively to keep the door open for Williams. I could see him tripping Williams up all over the ring. But, the legs may be gone...we'll see shortly.

spinks style can trip up williams like you said. but can he do it for 12 rounds? i don't think he can