PDA

View Full Version : Should Mosley Be More Arrogant to get the big fights?

AllTimeGreat
04-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Mosley is the best at 147. But he never gets the big fights. I think its because hes not arrogant enough?

Anyone agree?

Violent Demise
04-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Mosley couldn't be arrogant if you fucking paid him. He's fine the way he is.

charlie
04-03-2009, 01:28 AM
I think the way shane presents himself and handles his affairs is part of what makes him a TRUE champion of the sport. He lets his fists do the talking and always comes to fight but shows respect. great guy IMO

Obama
04-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Mosley is cursed to be a Black man in the sport of boxing. And quite frankly if you're Black and don't act like a gangster or a baller, you have no appeal. Had he been Mexican he'd be a 20 million dollar per fight kind of guy. Just how it goes.

I think his personality is reflective upon growing up on the West Coast. Anyways, there's no changing the guy. He's not going to run his mouth. He should have taken a fight with Berto while Cotto and Clottey get it on...quite unfortunate. Now we have to see Berto vs Urango in a pointless fight. Had Mosley dispensed of Berto he'd be pretty much guaranteed a big fight.

AllTimeGreat
04-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Mosley is cursed to be a Black man in the sport of boxing. And quite frankly if you're Black and don't act like a gangster or a baller, you have no appeal. Had he been Mexican he'd be a 20 million dollar per fight kind of guy. Just how it goes.

I think his personality is reflective upon growing up on the West Coast. Anyways, there's no changing the guy. He's not going to run his mouth. He should have taken a fight with Berto while Cotto and Clottey get it on...quite unfortunate. Now we have to see Berto vs Urango in a pointless fight. Had Mosley dispensed of Berto he'd be pretty much guaranteed a big fight.

Mosley fights like a white mexican anyhow. But yeh your definetely right. If he was white or Mexican. His fan base would be ten times what it is now.

Scott22
04-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Mosley fights like a white mexican anyhow. But yeh your definetely right. If he was white or Mexican. His fan base would be ten times what it is now.

how does a white mexican fight?

AllTimeGreat
04-05-2009, 04:36 AM
how does a white mexican fight?

Fark. How did i type that. Maybe a few to many bourbons.

:D

Mosley fights like a Mexican, if he was mexican, hed sell everything out.

Guvnor Down Under
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
How does a White Mexican Fight " Ricky Hatton "

Obama
04-06-2009, 10:30 PM
How does a White Mexican Fight " Ricky Hatton "

That would be true if Hatton didn't hold so damn much.

..Calderon...
04-08-2009, 09:19 PM
That would be true if Hatton didn't hold so damn much.

Good point. Mexicans hate holding. The fans, anyway.

Nonetheless, it's sometimes the smartest thing to do. Anyway, Mosley has too nice a smile and disposition to talk shit.

Even when he did about Mayweather, he said he's growing feathers. That's as edgey as he gets. Just not that type of guy.

Obama
04-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Good point. Mexicans hate holding. The fans, anyway.

Nonetheless, it's sometimes the smartest thing to do. Anyway, Mosley has too nice a smile and disposition to talk shit.

Even when he did about Mayweather, he said he's growing feathers. That's as edgey as he gets. Just not that type of guy.

And he only said that because he said to himself, "hey, feather rhymes with weather". :D