PDA

View Full Version : At his peak was Roy Jones Junior Untouchable?

AllTimeGreat
02-25-2009, 01:02 AM
The answer for me is. YES. Simply way to quick, fastest hands i have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDWnMXzgeZo

Scott22
02-25-2009, 01:19 AM
i agree. i think he was untouchable and unbeatable

..Calderon...
02-25-2009, 01:18 PM
No, I don't think so. Usually, ANY great fighter, even in his peak has the 'PERFECT' opponent. Who, on one night, can beat them. Just the way the game goes. I'm not sure who that could have been for Jones, but I'm sure he exists. I don't think that any fighter is unbeatable, to be honest with you.

charlie
03-13-2009, 02:10 AM
he was as close to untouchable as floyd JR is. brilliant reflex fighter with skills to match.

TommyGunn
03-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Roy Jones was never untouchable, the garbage he fought just made him look that way. HBO had Griffin ahead by two rounds when Roy got DQ's, that loss is legit....Its nopt as if Roy had clowned him. DeValle smashed Roy while primed and had him hurt too.

Roys the biggest con job theres ever been.

..Calderon...
03-14-2009, 05:39 PM
I disagree with him being a con job. I just think he could have faced some better competition.

Obama
03-14-2009, 10:43 PM
You take away James Toney, and Roy basically just fought psuedo elites, bums, or washed up former elite fighters. Really too bad Toney had so many weight problems at that stage of his career. If I was to rate Roy's credible opposition, it would look like this:

'A' level wins:

James Toney

'A-' level wins:

Bernard Hopkins, Montell Griffin, Virgil Hill, Antonio Tarver

'B' level wins:

Jorge Fernando Castro, Thulani Malinga, Vinny Pazienza, Mike McCallum, Reggie Johnson, Eric Harding, Julio Cesar Gonzalez, Clinton Woods, John Ruiz

'B-' level wins:

None

Anyone I didn't name, is C level and below. And this isn't to say these guys are rated where they are in their PRIME, because Roy simply didn't fight all of them in their prime. Roy's career was based off athleticism. He mostly avoided fighters who could nip that in the bud. You don't get recognition as one of the greatest ever by lighting up tomato cans, sorry.

charlie
03-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Roy Jones was never untouchable, the garbage he fought just made him look that way. HBO had Griffin ahead by two rounds when Roy got DQ's, that loss is legit....Its nopt as if Roy had clowned him. DeValle smashed Roy while primed and had him hurt too.

Roys the biggest con job theres ever been.

so it IS correct when Mundine gets compared to RJJ lol.

Obama
03-16-2009, 04:34 AM
so it IS correct when Mundine gets compared to RJJ lol.

As much as a hype job RJJ was, he still barely makes the 100 greatest fighters of all time. Mundine will be lucky to make the 10,000 greatest.

charlie
03-21-2009, 12:52 AM
As much as a hype job RJJ was, he still barely makes the 100 greatest fighters of all time. Mundine will be lucky to make the 10,000 greatest.

totaly agree, I was being sarcastic because of the whole con job thing.