PDA

View Full Version : ..COTTO: Who Should He Fight Next...

..Calderon...
02-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Assuming he gets passed Jennings, which I think he will, who should he fight on his June date?

It was to be Margarito, but he's come out and said he wouldn't fight a cheater. So, who sould it be?

Vote. Discuss.

AllTimeGreat
02-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Assuming he gets passed Jennings, which I think he will, who should he fight on his June date?

It was to be Margarito, but he's come out and said he wouldn't fight a cheater. So, who sould it be?

Vote. Discuss.

I hope Paul Williams. Or a Mosley rematch. Probably Mosley would be the best fight. I mean it would mean Cotto is the best again. After he beat Shane the first time.

Its weird how Cotto beat Mosley. Mosley beat Margarito. And Margarito beat Cotto.

Scott22
02-19-2009, 11:55 PM
he should fight berto. and than mosley again. that way the division gets cleaned up

..Calderon...
02-20-2009, 12:48 AM
I hope Paul Williams. Or a Mosley rematch. Probably Mosley would be the best fight. I mean it would mean Cotto is the best again. After he beat Shane the first time.

Its weird how Cotto beat Mosley. Mosley beat Margarito. And Margarito beat Cotto.

Yeah, weird shit like that happens. Thinking back, Joel Casamayor beat Diego Corrales twice, Corrales beat Acelino Freitas and Freitas beat Casamayor.

So many of those in boxing, lol.

Scott22
02-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Yeah, weird shit like that happens. Thinking back, Joel Casamayor beat Diego Corrales twice, Corrales beat Acelino Freitas and Freitas beat Casamayor.

So many of those in boxing, lol.

i always thought casamayor should of got the win against freitas

..Calderon...
02-20-2009, 12:26 PM
i always thought casamayor should of got the win against freitas

I agree, to an extent. Nonetheless, I think that Freitas did enough to keep it close. So I wouldn't call it a robbery or anything.

prodigious1
02-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Bring on Cotto or Floyd. No one else.

AllTimeGreat
02-24-2009, 06:51 AM
I doubt Floyd would come back. Should be interesting to see him in the rematch with Mosley again. I think Cotto will win that again. Silencing his critics. And putting further pressure on Margarito.

tntkid
02-24-2009, 07:19 AM
I think a Mosley rematch is the only one that makes sense now. As much as I'd like to see Floyd fight Cotto I don't think that is going to happen. A fight with Williams might be interesting but I think Paul is done at 147 so Cotto would have to move up for that to happen.

..Calderon...
02-24-2009, 01:44 PM
I think a Mosley rematch is the only one that makes sense now. As much as I'd like to see Floyd fight Cotto I don't think that is going to happen. A fight with Williams might be interesting but I think Paul is done at 147 so Cotto would have to move up for that to happen.

Yeah, realistically, I think Williams prefers fighting higher. Probably feels better, physically. Cotto, recently even stated that he thinks he'll finish his career at 147, so I doubt he fights Williams. Nonetheless, that'd be an interesting fight.

..Calderon...
02-24-2009, 01:46 PM
However, I hear it's either Clottey or Cintron (more likely.) Either fight is DECENT, though I'd prefer the more deserving, more entertaining (interview-wise, at least), less annoying fighter, in Clottey. Hopefully, if it is Cintron, he takes his ass out and moves on to bigger and better fights later on in the year. Cotto has had a tremendous run with the caliber of fighters he's fought. I couldn't be mad at him for a softer fighter in Cintron.

Obama
03-15-2009, 02:55 AM
Cotto is going to fight Clottey. And Clottey is going to break him down. Sure Cotto will win the early rounds on activity alone, but nothing he's going to throw will be effective, and as usual Cotto will fade. Clottey's crisp quick counter punches will be landing more and more as the fight goes on. And although Clottey won't be throwing more punches, he'll keep constant pressure on Cotto the entire fight. Cotto will be retreating just as much as he did against Margarito.

PWilliamsFan
03-15-2009, 09:14 AM
I would like to see Cotto vs Paul Williams. I still think Paul is the best at 147. He should take care of Wright. And then move back down.

..Calderon...
03-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Honestly, I just like seeing Williams at 154 or higher. It makes the matches a little more PHYSICALLY even. Makes them more exciting.

charlie
03-15-2009, 11:00 PM
floyd would anhialate coto. I think Mosely would be the best fight to watch.

..Calderon...
03-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Honestly, I think Floyd would have an easier time with Margarito, then he would with Cotto. But, it depends on how it goes down. Hopefully, Cotto can beat Clottey (for Cotto's sake, anyway) and then rematch Mosley. After that, if he beat Cintron, because I know they'll make that fight eventually and then went on to fight who ever else was out there, Cotto and Mayweather makes the most sense.

Who knows what WILL happen, though.