PDA

View Full Version : Boston Red Sox owner to buy Liverpool Premier League team.

BDUB
10-06-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/articles/2010/10/06/liverpool_board_agrees_on_sale_to_red_sox_owners/?page=1

Mofo2
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Why cant Americans stick to nonsense sports like B Ball and Egg Ball...this is a football club not a fucking Soccer Franchise:sad:

Elephant Man
10-06-2010, 08:58 PM
:hail:Yanks destroying Liverpool...:hail:The Yanks

Steve Z
10-06-2010, 09:19 PM
:hail:Yanks destroying Liverpool...:hail:The Yanks

That would be the Sox. The Red Sox. :facepalm:

The Yanks are from New York........Silly Brits. :sad:

Mofo2
10-06-2010, 09:21 PM
That would be the Sox. The Red Sox. :facepalm:

The Yanks are from New York........Silly Brits. :sad:

Yanks are what we call American people in general....silly Yank :sad:

TommyGunn
10-06-2010, 09:21 PM
He's only worth around £400m :rofl:

Mofo2
10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Ive heard Bilionaire and others have said 500 Million and I have followed the news on it all day and not one single source has mentioned 400 million...not one!!

Steve Z
10-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Yanks are what we call American people in general....silly Yank :sad:

:point:

Steve Z
10-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Whoever is a Liverpool fan should be happy. The Red Sox are almost perfectly run, and the owners want to win, and will do almost anything to win.

E-DUBB
10-06-2010, 09:37 PM
dont complain yet mofo...this guy is a great owner who will win at any cost...i guarantee he will do all it takes to make liverpool a winner...this guy dont like to lose:cop:

Mofo2
10-06-2010, 09:43 PM
sorry lads we heard all this shit before of the other pair of fuckfaces....even UTD that had no debts is 800 million in the red because of American owners that don't know how we do shit!!

Liverpool had no debt in 2005...not one penny and now we are saddled with 250 million of it...sorry if i'm sceptical!

TommyGunn
10-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Ive heard Bilionaire and others have said 500 Million and I have followed the news on it all day and not one single source has mentioned 400 million...not one!!$860m which will be around £400m-£500m :cop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W._Henry

Elephant Man
10-06-2010, 10:06 PM
:laugh2:Yanks getting involved in the Premier League

Steve Z
10-06-2010, 10:14 PM
:laugh2:Yanks getting involved in the Premier League

Its getting bigger and bigger over here, next thing is a Premier team located in the U.S. :cop:

Mofo2
10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
$860m which will be around £400m-£500m :cop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W._Henry

You said 400 million :facepalm: and besides where did the figure 860 million dollars come from :point:

TommyGunn
10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I said around £400, which he is :cop:

Mofo2
10-06-2010, 10:33 PM
you mention 860 million dollars :facepalm: just paper over that one then :laugh:

The truth is no-one is fully aware of how much he has...but it works out at over 500 million withthe figure you stated!

BDUB
10-06-2010, 11:10 PM
The Boston Liverpools :hail:

BDUB
10-06-2010, 11:13 PM
But on the real, the guy is a great owner. And honestly this gives me the tinyest bit of interest in the team.

Steve Z
10-06-2010, 11:22 PM
But on the real, the guy is a great owner. And honestly this gives me the tinyest bit of interest in the team.

I have a friend whos a die hard Liverpool fan from Boston who is pumped about this.

Trust me guys, this is a good thing.

ulster86
10-13-2010, 12:35 AM

There's yet to be a yank that did a good job in the Premier League. No offense but they're retarded business men that don't have a clue about how a football club is run. Their arrogance and greed makes them have a go at it, to which they fail miserably.

No light at the end of the tunnel for Pool...their dumb fans want Daglish in next as manager who will only add to their misery :rofl: Why the fuck they haven't went for Martin O'Neil amazes me :sad:

Jord
10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
I have a friend whos a die hard Liverpool fan from Boston who is pumped about this.

Trust me guys, this is a good thing.

:sad: Yanks can't be die hard football fans of English teams.

Lenny
10-13-2010, 11:28 AM
High couty opts in favour of RBS.

Honestly is a joke. Pompey were hung out to dry because of debts and Pool owe more money than most, cant pay the fucking thing and are being allowed carry on as normal, they should be docked points and transfer embargoed. But that wont happen to pool old liverpool. it was good enough for pompey.

I hope Hcks fights it to the end and pool end up in administrationl, they would desvere nothing better.

Jord
10-13-2010, 11:34 AM
High couty opts in favour of RBS.

Honestly is a joke. Pompey were hung out to dry because of debts and Pool owe more money than most, cant pay the fucking thing and are being allowed carry on as normal, they should be docked points and transfer embargoed. But that wont happen to pool old liverpool. it was good enough for pompey.

I hope Hcks fights it to the end and pool end up in administrationl, they would desvere nothing better.It comes from the way these wankers are servicing debt, rather than living within their means. Man Utd do it, Liverpool do it, Pompey did it, and I have no doubt a lot of other premiership teams are doing it. It needs to stop because it's ruining football. The FA need to step in and make sure sides are running within their means, or sanctions need to be imposed.

Lenny
10-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Arsenal, best run club in England without a doubt :hail:

Jord
10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Arsenal, best run club in England without a doubt :hail:

Very close too mate, definitely the best run big club at least. Football just needs a total overhaul from the grass roots up, as teams that produce and give youngsters a chance are getting raped by these premier league teams, as they just open their cheque book if players are any good, yet at the same time not producing youngsters of their own. It's ruining football:sad:

Lenny
10-13-2010, 11:51 AM
without doubt jord, united posted 80mill loss again last season, arsenal 50 odd mill in profit. not a club in britain run as well

Jord
10-13-2010, 11:55 AM
without doubt jord, united posted 80mill loss again last season, arsenal 50 odd mill in profit. not a club in britain run as wellVery true mate, I mean putting aside the debts for a second, where are Man Utd's next crop of Scholes, Giggs, Keane, Neville brothers and Beckham coming from. They used to have an academy to be proud of but not so much anymore, they'd rather buy a portuguese player than nurture british/irish talent.:sad:

Lenny
10-13-2010, 12:02 PM
this is true, but it is also true for alot of english clubs. In a few years, alot of english clubs will be on the bread line and youth acadamys will once again be a priority

Lenny
10-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett say they have obtained a temporary restraining order to stop the £300million sale of club and are seeking $1.6billion damages after describing the deal as an 'epic swindle'.

More to follow...

Texan Courts :hail:

Tom Hicks :hail:

9 point deduction please your honour

Lenny
10-13-2010, 09:47 PM
A Texas court has granted a temporary restraining order stopping the sale of Liverpool Football Club, owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have claimed.

It comes hours after the American pair saw their challenge against the club's sale thrown out by the High Court.

Hicks and Gillett issued a statement as the Liverpool board met to ratify the sale to New England Sports Ventures.

The American duo described the proposed £300m sale as "an epic swindle" and are seeking more than £1bn in damages.

Hicks claims the injunction prevents Liverpool executing the sale of the club to NESV, with a hearing date of 25 October set.

The legal action in Texas - signed by Judge Jim Jordan of the 160th District Court in Dallas - is "part of a lawsuit filed against Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre, NESV and Philip Nash" read a statement.

"The lawsuit also seeks temporary and permanent injunctions, and damages totalling approximately $1.6 billion (more than £1 billion)."

More to follow.

liverpool :point:

Galway
10-14-2010, 04:00 PM
:hail: Ben starting a kickball thread

Damo
08-11-2011, 09:45 PM
im a big liverpool fan and so far john henry's his doing a good job:wankhail:

theproudlunatic
09-11-2011, 11:40 PM
too lazy to look for a proper mlb thread and not enough attention for me to start one so.....

wtf is going on ? nyy FINALLY won a game (yea !) and tb swept bos (yeayeayea !!!!) ?!?!?!?!?

the post season will be crazy this year.